Your favourite moments of 12/13

ciderman9000000

Obviously we'll never forget seeing us lift the trophy and hearing Fergie's speech after the final home game of his United career; but those aside, what has been your favourite aspect, moment or highlight of this past season?

For me, as great as RvP has been for us, it's de Gea's progression that has pleased me the most; to silence his many critics by becoming the best goalie in the Premier League and arguably one of the top five or so in Europe, it's just been a fantastic season for him.

As for individual games, all six of the 3-2 results in the league I really enjoyed, even the loss to Spurs, but the one which stands out the most for me was the Southampton game; third league game of the season with our already having lost the opener against Everton, 2-1 down in the 87th and we won 3-2 with RvP getting his first United hattrick after missing a penalty twenty minutes previous. The whole first half of the season was awash with incredible results and matches but that one stands out in my mind for being the first of a string of incredible comebacks.

The low point of the season has to be either Nani's red card or our throwing away the City +20pts league title. Not much to say about that really; neither should have happened and both equally as gutting.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
Besides the usual's, my favorite movement when Van Persie jumped on Sir Alex after scoring against Stoke and nearly brought forward his hip surgery.

I was never a fan of Van Persie before this season. Always had the impression that he was bit of a twat. He has been a revelation both as a player and a person this season. He has an inordinate amount of respect for Sir Alex, the club and our senior pros. He always talks as if he is in awe. I am glad we signed him. Awesome player.

De Gea's saves at Bernabéu, The sequence of challenges, RVP's last minute free-kick at City, Rooney's second half performance against Spurs - were some of the other favorite moments that are on the top of my head.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Best:
- as Cider stated, DDG emergence & development into our undisputed #1.
- RvP's free kick vs City
- RvP winner vs Southampton (a) and West Ham (a) FA cup
- winning the league
- Suarez biting Ivanovic :lol:

Worst:
- Nani's red & subsequent loss to Madrid
- getting knocked out the FA Cup
- SAF retiring :( (ditto Scholes, but we knew that was coming)

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
As with DDG's development, Rafael's maturity was a big plus, as was watching Carrick totally take the piss and making everything look so easy.

Mancini losing all control and respect from his players, leading to a bit of a catastrophic downfall was also excellent. They were just shocking this year.

Wigan and Swansea winning trophies was very good too. Very deserved winners, from teams you wouldn't usually tout to win cups at the beginning of the season. It was good to see someone that isn't Chelsea win at Wembley for a change!

Worst was getting beaten by Chelsea too many times and losing to Madrid.

It's very sad to lose Sir Alex, but he went out a winner and saw off yet another huge financial challenge as he did with Chelsea. The tributes, the send off, the title celebrations and the parade were all hugely emotional in a very positive way. I don't think I see that as a downside to our season. It made the climax to the season very special and one that will be remembered forever, despite the actual title race being a bit limp.

I'm very excited about the new era of United, even if there are wobbles and spells of uncertainty.

Platato

Psst!
-Beating City at their place (brilliant away atmosphere)
-van Persie celebrating his first title
-van Persie and Fergie embracing after his penalty against Stoke
-de Gea's development
-city winning feck all!!!

oh and carrick!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Chicharito's 'hattrick' against Villa. Purely because my father never really rated him as anything other than a glorified goal poacher, but after that day he was happy to admit he was wrong.

JB7

When Hernandez scored the winner against Newcastle should be one of them.
I was on about row 5 right behind the goal for that goal with my Newcastle-supporting uncle. It was great. :D

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Phil Jones and Danny Welbeck shining in the Bernabeu. That was when it felt like something special could happen. Alas...

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
The fact that this team looks so accomplished with an average age of 23. I know that we might disagree with who's good enough and who's not, but to have a team all under 25 like this is fantastic.

De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Buttner, Cleverely, Jones, Anderson, Kagawa Welbeck, Hernandez.

We could even take it one step further and do this

De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Fabio, Cleverely, Powell, Kagawa, Zaha, Welbeck, Henriquez to have an average age of 21.

The future is bright.

Jaap

Looking at our results this season:

BEST:
- Van Persie winner v City
- Beating Newcastle 4-3 at Old Trafford
- Comeback v Southampton & Aston Villa
- Winning against Aston Villa and clinching #20

WORST:
- Eliminated by Real Madrid in the Champions League
- Losing our opener against Everton

wonnie

Losing away to Norwich was also frustrating. Because it was just one of those games where we were hardly switched on and never looked like scoring (never did).

I remember some saying we lost that match because Rooney didn't play. Which at the time I kinda agreed with because he was the heartbeat of the team - how things have changed.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
RvP's free kick against City was one of my favourites!
And I was there celebrating like a lunatic behind the goal. It's not just my favourite moment of the season but one of my favourite moments as a football fan.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Giggs clapped on at the Bernabeau.

Giggs being the best player on the pitch vs Real Madrid at home in his 1000th game.

Support of DDG from our fans after Neville's undue criticism.

RVP experiencing what it feels like to win the Manchester derby in the last minute.

dileno

High
RvP vs Saints, the comeback
RvP freekick vs City
1st half vs Reading away, 3-4 score madness!!
Both games vs Real until Nani sent off
RvP volley from Rooney pass

Low
Nani sent off

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Giggs clapped on at the Bernabeau.

Giggs being the best player on the pitch vs Real Madrid at home in his 1000th game.

Support of DDG from our fans after Neville's undue criticism.

RVP experiencing what it feels like to win the Manchester derby in the last minute.
That was great. He didn't know what to do, or what direction to run in. He just sort of wobbled on the spot and ran around in a circle. I guess nobody predicted Nasri to be so afraid of a football.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
RVP's debut goal.

Hernandez with the last gasp winner vs Newcastle.

Sir Alex pushing Albert Morgan out of the way when Nani was sent off.

Watching a Bale worldie on MOTD pretty much every week

QPR getting relegated

De Gea dishing it out to Nolan and Carroll

Vidic ensuring he wins the 'most bent nose possible' competition he's having with Mick McCarthy and Steve Bruce

Bayern Munich destroying Barcelona.

There's loads, I can't be bothered to list any more.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
My favourites:
- the 3-2 win at Southampton
- the 4-3 win against Newcastle, I was back at home for Christmas and watched that game with my dad and brothers, we were going crazy
- the win against City where Rooney was so instrumental (one of his best games of the season) and RvP's late winner
- some of the players' seasons: Carrick, Rafael, de Gea, three players I've always believed in and rightly received plaudits for their progression and/or consistency at the top level
- the last home game, sure it was emotional but it was such a classy send off for Sir Alex, a real testament to what our club represents ; Rio's winner was pretty special as well
- the Norwich game we won with Kagawa's hat trick, him and Rooney really clicking in a lot of the build up
- the sublime RvP goal against Villa after that brilliant pass from Rooney

The worst of this season:
- Nani's red and the subsequent defeat when we looked certain to go through
- the cups, the losses to Chelsea, especially in FA Cup when we should've done better in the game at home, embarassing to have to go through a replay
- Sir Alex and Scholes retiring :(

manutddjw

Aside from the ones mentioned, loved when Fletcher put us up 2-1 against QPR in front of the Stretford End. The commentators on that day summed up the situation perfectly and it looked like it meant the world to Fletcher.

gza the genius

RvP's first goal. His hat trick and the volley as well.
Kagawa's hat trick.
Rafael's stunner, and his general play all season.
Carrick getting the recognition he deserves. DDG as well.
The entire Aston Villa game.

Minkaro

De Gea dishing it out to Nolan and Carroll.
This would be one of my picks as well, he'd already been having a good season (that save with his feet against Madrid would be another favourite moment), but when he started having a go at Nolan it was real proof that he wasn't going to be bullied on the pitch anymore.

Giggs playing against Madrid like a man possessed was brilliant as well. As was Rafael's screamer against QPR.

Jaap

De Gea's save against Mata in the dying minutes of the FA Cup match v Chelsea at OT comes to mind. Mind-blowing that was.

AARRONB06

Villa away! Best one of the season domestically bar West Brom. The whole day, result and come back.

Welbecks goal in the Bernabeu was wild, amazing trip that!

Newcastle at home was pretty memorable!

RVP all round, signing, the goals, the impact.

Thinking back to all the moments we have had this year, has just made me mega depressed its all over for nearly 3 months.

99 red balloons

To be honest, I can't remember a single individual moment where I've been in a stadium and gone more mental than I did at City this year when RVP scored. Certainly not since Moscow.

Made all the more sweet by the fact I was on the end of the row in the away end, and all the bitters next to me had got SO SO SO giddy when they made it 2-2. Nothing more satisfying.

That's the day we won it in my opinion. Opened up a 6 point gap that never closed.

Brightonian

Brilliant video. Have to say thanks to whoever made that, must've been a fair old slog to make but its cracking to watch.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
That's a brilliant, brilliant video, everyone should watch it. Good choice of music as well, nice to have videos without the crap techno music we often have to put up with. Loved the minute with De Gea's exploits as well, no one has been forgotten in there!

PatrickP

Being there when Welbeck scored in Madrid.

Carricks name being sung for almost the whole 2nd half at QPR.

Newcastle 4-3

RVP free kick against City

Beating Liverpool at Anfield.

David De Gea

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
RvP's free kick against City.

RvP's volley against Villa

RvP's hug with Fergie

Fergie's final game at OT, the guard of honour he received and his speech post match.

Bit of an RvP love fest, but who cares.