Your 'Mount Rushmore' of United legends

Seveneric

I would honest to God love to read the reasoning behind people who don't have Fergie listed, but list players like Scholes, Giggs or Keane, seriously :houllier:

Tyrion

Matt Busby, Bobby Charlton, Alex Ferguson, Ryan Giggs

Players only:

Bobby Charlton, Ryan Giggs, Eric Cantona, Bryan Robson

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I would honest to God love to read the reasoning behind people who don't have Fergie listed, but list players like Scholes, Giggs or Keane, seriously :houllier:
i based mine on players only

AndyJ1985

Has to be Sir Alex and Sir Bobby. After that it's open to debate. Cantona and Best for me. Two talisman key to our success during two very different eras.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Saf and Busby are the club. So they must be included. United is built around youths and our best youth manager ever was Harrison. The last slot must go to a player. Who better to represent that then sir bobby?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Players only: id go for players with the best package (talent, attitude and importance). Sir bobby, cantona, keane and giggs

Tiber

Manchester United may not exist without Jimmy Murphy.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Sir Alex, Cantona, Keane and Fellaini. But only because I'd be interested to see if the sculptor could get his hair right.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Hard question, but seeing as Mt Rushmore depicts the supposedly greatest men of America in their history, you have to go with the best United figures historically too. So on that basis I'd say Sir Alex, Matt Busby, Bobby Charlton and probably Giggsy.

If it's based on my favourite all time figures and it was going up in my back garden to look at every day, it'd have to be Sir Alex, Cantona, Ronaldo and Scholes for me.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Djemba-Djemba, Macheda, Di Maria (but instead of his elongated face, put a snake mug in mid-hiss) and of course Bebe.

United legends.

Klopp_De_Klown

Simple enough question, if you were to create your own Mount Rushmore with United legends then who would you pick ?

Personally I'd go with Sir Matt, Sir Alex, Bobby Charlton and Eric Cantona as my four choices although it's hard excluding all of George Best, Denis Law, Giggsy, Keane, Robson and Ronaldo.
A point of order to the op...

I ask you reinstate to Sir Bobbys title?

Klopp_De_Klown

My 4 choices would be, the 3 sirs and one left blank as a sign to others who wish to achieve greatness as in something to be achieved.
And in time i would hope it would be the 4 sirs who ever that fourth would be.

DannyDee

Of the guys I've had the pleasure of watching week in and out it would be Keane, Scholes, Giggs and Ronaldo. If it's historical importance, I probably take out Keane and Ronaldo, and replace them with Best and Sir Bobby, and if you are including managers its probably Best, Sir Bobby, Sir Matt and Sir Alex, but the idea of taking my favorite player of all time out (Scholes) is tough.

InfiniteBoredom

My 4 choices would be, the 3 sirs and one left blank as a sign to others who wish to achieve greatness as in something to be achieved.
And in time i would hope it would be the 4 sirs who ever that fourth would be.
Sir Jose sounds like the name you'd give to your pet armadillo.

Hed Zitin

Matt Busby, Bobby Charlton, Alex Ferguson and Cantona.

Cantona didn't win as much as others, but he's my favourite United player ever. He was the final piece of the jigsaw that started our rise to success and he had a huge influence on the class of 97.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ferguson
Cantona
Keane
and somewhere a bit lower, in a Gollum-ish way David Moyes.

M15 Red.

Eric. Roy. Scholesy. Giggs from my era. Most deserving. Busby. Charlton. Fergie. Giggs.