Your Olympic Highlight

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
What was your stand-out moment/highlight of the games?

I'll go with Farah winning the 5000m, I watched it with my family and we were all just going crazy. Was a great, great moment.

Count Orduck

I preferred him winning the 10km, but it was something special no doubt.

So many moments to choose from. It'll take me hours to pick a best.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Farah 5k and Bolt in all his races.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
What was your stand-out moment/highlight of the games?

I'll go with Farah winning the 5000m, I watched it with my family and we were all just going crazy. Was a great, great moment.
Same here. Special moment and my parents weren't aware of Farah till the day began.

Agent Red

Mo in 10k for me I think, just because that Saturday was absolutely mental. Woke up to amazing scenes at Eton Dorney with the rowing, GB absolutely smashing it in the Velodrome in the afternoon, and then the evening session with Farah capping off that amazing triple gold hour. That day was immense, I hope I'll never forget it.

The first gold was also really special because I was there to see it and it just felt like the floodgates had been opened. Katherine Grainger's story really moving as well, fairy tale stuff.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Mo in 10k for me I think, just because that Saturday was absolutely mental. Woke up to amazing scenes at Eton Dorney with the rowing, GB absolutely smashing it in the Velodrome in the afternoon, and then the evening session with Farah capping off that amazing triple gold hour. That day was immense, I hope I'll never forget it.

The first gold was also really special because I was there to see it and it just felt like the floodgates had been opened. Katherine Grainger's story really moving as well, fairy tale stuff.
Yeah same for me. That day was astonishing. Most exciting I can ever remember and Farahs race was unreal way to end it

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
So many highlights to be honest. A lot that were mentioned but outside of track and field, velodrome and eton dorney. It was great to see that shooter clinch gold particularly as he had been cut from Olympic funding for a while as well and had to work as a barman.

Phil

So many inspirational stories, personal battles and humble characters.

Makes you feel a touch empty about the upcoming football season..

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Andy Murray winning gold was pretty special. The way he destroyed Federer and bounced back was incredible. I know it's not a grand slam, but it's still important as you could say and it was probably the best performance of his career.

Farah's 5k was good because I was watching it with family/mates and we were all engrossed in it by the end. Last Saturday when he won the 10k, Ennis got here medal and several others won was memorable too.

It'll also be the one where we see Phelps bow out, which I'll remember, and Bolt being dominant once again despite the high standard of competition.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Indeed. This Olympics had the unique ability to make me feel so happy, proud and uplifted... and yet totally inferior as human being, all at the same time :D

alastair

ignorant
I've got to say as well the girl who won silver in the judo, Gemma Gibbons. It meant the absolute world to her in a sport where we have little tradition. It was a sensational performance. That and Daley, who got a bronze in a tough field and he's worked so hard and had to deal with such a lot for someone his age. Very moving and meaningful.

eric le roi

Almost too many to choose from but I'll pick two:

Mo Farah 10K - shouting at the TV for two laps then screaming when he won it.
Hoy winning the Keirin - when the German started to overtake on the outside I thought he'd lost it but to win it from there was literally awesome.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Mo Farah in I think it was the 10K. I thought he'd lost it at the second to last lap when he pushed a little and seemed to tire as the last lap came in but then he kicked and managed to win it by a fair distance.

Prophet_of_Doom

Not sure if it's the highlight, but the moment that sticks out for me, was Felix Sanchez' medal ceremony, the hurdler who blubbled like a baby. Kind of felt like what the Olympics was all about. Similarly Gemma Gibbons looking to the sky and saying "I love you mum" after her semi final.

It just gives you that sense that it's so much more than just about sport. Which is what the legacy is all about.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I can't pick one, sorry.

Mo in the 10k.
Jess in the 800m.
Vicky Pendleton riding to victory in the Kerin.
All three women's pairs in the rowing.
Show-jumping jump off.
Felix Sanchez getting gold again
Bolt in the 200m.
Jade Jones winning gold in the Taekwondo.

There's too much.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Freddie at the closing ceremony controlling 80,000 people, with a little help from 1986.

Otherwise Mo Farah 10k was outstanding - as was Andy Murray overcoming Federer avenging the Wimbledon final.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Mo & Murray, plus Mo & Usain's poses. :) Brilliant games, an absolute pleasure to watch.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Ennis's win was the moment I started caring about this Olympics, being a cynical bastard all before & sparsely watching till then. The fact she could've sat back and finished 5th or 6th and still won the Gold but went "nah, I'm gonna win this race" got me...and then Mo won a few minutes later in similar epic fashion.

The whole Track & Field meet was fantastic tbf.

NewDawnFades

Yeah Mo was brilliant both nights, most exciting moments of the games. I'd say my favourite was watching the walk-race when Choeyang got the bronze medal, the first tibetan athlete ever to compete in the Olympics, okay it was for China and she had to compete under the name Chinese name Qieyang. But there were Tibetan flags at different points all along the race course and people cheering her on.

She was just so visibly happy to be there, just beaming for the the last quarter of the race.

Bread

Both MO's wins
Chris Hoy and Pendleton's gold medals in the Keirin
The first gold for GB in the rowing
Laura Trott's gold and her team sprint gold
Andy Murray's win also his match again Djock was fantastic
Jade Jones
All the Gb Boxers
Tom Daley's bronze

I could go on!

CheadleBeagle

Mo
Bolt
Daley
Kirani James who exchanged his name bib with Pistorius at the end of the 400m semi. Class act.
Canadian women's football team winning bronze after being screwed by the officials in the game with U.S.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK

Indeed. I caught a bit of the Charity Shield yesterday and it just felt wrong; seeing odious players like John Terry and Carlos Tevez preening about; then you have Mancini demanding tens of millions to buy some more grade A wankers and it becomes easy to be disillusioned.

My moment of the games was probably Farah in the 5k. I was literally pumping both fists as he held off that final challenge on the home straight.

Crustanoid

Totally with you on that. I really have no time at all now for hearing about dodgy agents, greedy mercenaries, and the selfish and classless behaviour exerted by many footballers after what I've seen over the last couple of weeks.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Impossible to pick one highlight from what's been an amazing games but the rowers were immense and the fact they could hardly walk and talk after their finals shows how much *effort they put in. *note to some footballers

Others that spring to mind are...Mo Farrah, Brownlee brothers, Nicola Adams and the rest of the boxers, Gibbons & Bryant, Rutherford, Baillie/Stott and Hounslow/Florence in the C2 two-man canoe slalom, the cycling squad, Daley, Ainslie and the rest of the sailing squad, , equestrian squad, Jade Jones, Bolt taking time to chat & make it a games to remember for the volunteer at the start of his race, the US athlete running with a broken leg....what a brilliant games it was!!!

EDIT:

Got to mention the torch relay around GB too...really well done IMO.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Totally with you on that. I really have no time at all now for hearing about dodgy agents, greedy mercenaries, and the selfish and classless behaviour exerted by many footballers after what I've seen over the last couple of weeks.
Will you continue to fully support and follow these sports, or will it be 4 years before you take interest in it again?

I enjoyed the bits I watched, in fact it was probably the most I have ever watched of the games. But purely because of all the attention it was getting. In the past the games have almost passed me by with barely any notice of them.

I always considered the World Cup to be a bigger event. It normally is in Ireland and the UK, I am fairly sure it simply felt bigger because it was close to home in London and for those who actually live in England I can understand why so many loved it so much.

But I am not sure why some appear to be looking at football in a negative way just because of these past 2 weeks. All sports have their dark sides. Olympic sports like cycling and athletics have been dogged by drug cheats. Far worse than some greedy footballers IMO.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Mo. Not only were his performances supreme, his facial expressions make him the most likeable athlete we've ever had.

Away from the sport, my highlight is how proud and happy the Olympics made everyone. We Brits are the best at self-hatred but we let it slide for a magical fortnight. It felt like the birth of a new Britain, culturally and emotionally.

Now we'll quickly forget about all that, lose all interest in the sports and athletes we all compared so favourably to the horrible state of football and footballers and be back to chanting that scumbag Rooney's name in a week's time!!

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Mo. Not only were his performances supreme, his facial expressions make him the most likeable athlete we've ever had.

Away from the sport, my highlight is how proud and happy the Olympics made everyone. We Brits are the best at self-hatred but we let it slide for a magical fortnight. It felt like the birth of a new Britain, culturally and emotionally.

Now we'll quickly forget about all that, lose all interest in the sports and athletes we all compared so favourably to the horrible state of football and footballers and be back to chanting that scumbag Rooney's name in a week's time!!
True in most cases I guess but there has been an immediate positive effect with some sports clubs recording record interest during the games...the games committee did their bit with the brilliant Inspire a Generation tag and now it's down to those wanting to follow in Mo etc's footsteps to make the most of the fantastic opportuntities out there.

https://www.joininuk.org/

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Katie Taylor winning gold and Mo Farah in the 10,000M

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Katie Taylor's Gold, country stopped to watch it.

Stretch

As a South African, it has to be Chad Le Clos beating the legend that is Phelps in the 200m butterfly. It was so special. Before the Olympics he was expected to compete for a bronze at best.

Crustanoid

Will you continue to fully support and follow these sports, or will it be 4 years before you take interest in it again?

I enjoyed the bits I watched, in fact it was probably the most I have ever watched of the games. But purely because of all the attention it was getting. In the past the games have almost passed me by with barely any notice of them.

I always considered the World Cup to be a bigger event. It normally is in Ireland and the UK, I am fairly sure it simply felt bigger because it was close to home in London and for those who actually live in England I can understand why so many loved it so much.

But I am not sure why some appear to be looking at football in a negative way just because of these past 2 weeks. All sports have their dark sides. Olympic sports like cycling and athletics have been dogged by drug cheats. Far worse than some greedy footballers IMO.
That's the 64 thousand dollar question. I would like to, and I guess there are others out there with the intention to, but the massive profile and coverage of football in comparison to other sports may just cause things to go back to 'normal' within weeks.

Unfortunately I guess its the money side of football which has ended up making it seem more hollow in terms of sporting achievement, even considering the association of other sports with cheating. It dictates the behaviour of the players, the agents and the owners creaming money, be it directly or indirectly, from the fans