Your Olympic Highlight

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Jess in the 800. She knew she had the gold, she was clearly knackered, but the way she suddenly just burst through and took the win because she wanted to give the crowd something was an utterly immense moment and that whole saturday night ending with the Mobot was just something else.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
As a South African, it has to be Chad Le Clos beating the legend that is Phelps in the 200m butterfly. It was so special. Before the Olympics he was expected to compete for a bronze at best.
Good shout...his dad was a good laugh too!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
  1. The first Super Saturday and the 3 GB golds was the most intensely pleasurable single hour of sport I have ever seen.
  2. Murray smacking the best tennis player that ever lived showed illustrated the Olympic ideal and the power of home support.
  3. Mo Farah winning the 5000m (that final lap and the 'wall of sound') and the singing of the national Anthem last thing on the last saturday night was the single most critical 'national unification' event since Princess Diana died.
Tough to decide which of the three to choose!

Oh and Usain Bolt whenever he ran in a final will never be forgotten!!!

Jessica Ennis - So much pressure and expectation. People were ready to give her the gold before the games. But she earned it the hard way and in some style. Love her.
Mo Farah - Just pure determination in both races to be the winner. The crowd really drove him on to victory and i'll never forget that atmosphere.
Usain Bolt - He had some real competitors out there. But he just wouldn't give in. We saw some of the most memorable races in recent history.
Andy Murray - It was finally his time. He got so close to a double gold as well. I couldn't believe just how assured he was. He thrived on that home support.
Kirani James - Grenada's first ever Olympic medal, and a gold one. A lot of family and friends I know are in celebration over this. The island is partying hard right now.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Seeing an athlete from Djibouti (Mumin Gala) participating in the final for the 5000m.The first time it ever happened
Usain Bolt
Rudisha
The men's handball team which won back two back olympic gold medal

redspoony

Loads of stand out moments for me.

Mo, obviously.
Most of the cycling in the velodrome, brilliant stuff that.
Wiggins winning the road race.
Opening ceremony.
The girl who won silver in the judo and mouthed "I love you mum"
The Bolt.
Kath Granger.
Felix Sanchez crying on the podium.
The father of the South African lad who beat Phelps.

And on a personal level, Neymar's free kick against Belarus, as I was right in line with it. Fantabulous goal.

Stretch

Good shout...his dad was a good laugh too!
Yup, Bert Le Clos is a national hero, nevermind his son!

He's been on all kinds of radio stations etc over here. What a character and most of all, what a proud dad. I picture myself carrying on like that should one of my nippers win an Olympic Gold one day :D

Oh and Kouroux, good shout on Rudisha. What a run that was.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
lets not forget South Korea women's archery team winning their 7th Olympic gold in succession!!!

All in the scenic backdrop of the pavilion at Lords.

Magic.

Revan

Assumptionman
For me:

1) 4*100m for females. Americans broke the world record which was standing for 30 years.

2) The final of basketball. Spain really gave a good match against one of the best ever team who participated in this competition.

3) Usain Bolt making his double treble.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Bert Le Clos was a bigger highlight than Chad least from a British perspective.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
Britain's equestrian triumphs. I have waited more years than most of you have been alive to see that. I am just sad my parents were not alive to see that.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Someone stole Boris's ski poles, by the look of it.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
8.2 million visitors, only nine arrests. Impressive.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Katie Taylor
John Joe Nevin's semifinal fight
Bolt

thats about it really. Glad Murray won something on his "home" soil too.

Crustanoid

Just watched the BBC programme looking back on the games (on I player). I remembered the way in the 100m final the three Jamaicans and the three Americans were in alternate lanes across the middle of the track and for 60m or so the alternate red / yellow&green looks ace - then Bolt fecks off ahead of the rest of them and leaves them for dead.

Somehow its the iconic image for me

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
In addition to my previous post:

Giggs leading out GB at Old Trafford.

Giggs scoring against UAE.

.Phil1968

So many great moments.I was out of the chair watching Farrah and Bolt but have to say that Anthony Joshua's boxing gold on the last day was the one which made me shout out the loudest.

Plus the guy at Lords telling the American archer that the Lords cricket ground was older than his country. :lol:

zing

Zingle balls
Michael Phelps in the 200m butterfly and the 100m butterfly with Chad le Clos winning it.

Mo Farah 5000m.

The finish to Mo Farah's 5k was better, but the moment when his kid was allowed onto the track after the 10k was a better moment

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Primoz Kozmus taking the silver medal after coming out of an early retirement and getting rid of his coach.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Fivelive have a special highlights programme on this morning from beginning at 11am, all the bst btis of 2012 set to various pieces of music.