Your ONE highlight of the season

Uzi

Phil's goal against The blue scousers. :D
lol, cnut. my obvious one was the roma performance. simply drool worthy with envy. my more controversial one is scholes chip against milan. not the result but that chip for roo goal. simply unplayable are the words i'd use for our season.. next season we will extrapolate with continuity our total football. this season no one could handle us domestically. with this summer's reinforcements for bruteness i have a small voice in me which say's the same will be again but in europe br well.

Smith's Cove

I know everyone is choosing very significant moments from the season but one of my favourite moments wasn't that significanct but it was a thing of beauty and I have been surprised that there wasn't more fuss about it at the time or since. Rooney's first goal at home to Bolton.

Starts with a Bolton corner that was half cleared to Ronaldo on the edge of the box. Ronaldo sets off running and after a few paces hammers a pass into Rooney's feet, Rooney is about twenty yards away from Ronaldo. Rooney with a defender up his arse lays the ball off about 3 yards with one of the deftest touches I have ever seen. The ball is about ten feet from the defender and fifteen yards from Ronaldo but right in his path. Ronaldo is onto it before the defender can shift his weight towards the ball. An incisive run, short pass to Rooney and a clever dink over the goalkeeper and Bolton are thinking "What the feck just happened there, we had a corner ten seconds ago". Manchester United at their best.

Gobo

I know everyone is choosing very significant moments from the season but one of my favourite moments wasn't that significanct but it was a thing of beauty and I have been surprised that there wasn't more fuss about it at the time or since. Rooney's first goal at home to Bolton.

Starts with a Bolton corner that was half cleared to Ronaldo on the edge of the box. Ronaldo sets off running and after a few paces hammers a pass into Rooney's feet, Rooney is about twenty yards away from Ronaldo. Rooney with a defender up his arse lays the ball off about 3 yards with one of the deftest touches I have ever seen. The ball is about ten feet from the defender and fifteen yards from Ronaldo but right in his path. Ronaldo is onto it before the defender can shift his weight towards the ball. An incisive run, short pass to Rooney and a clever dink over the goalkeeper and Bolton are thinking "What the feck just happened there, we had a corner ten seconds ago". Manchester United at their best.
When rooney scored from the counter attack he and ronaldo produced with so much speed from their own half(I forgot against who though). After all the shit that was said about them, that goal was like a message to the media to 'go stick it'.
it got a mention alright, brilliant goal thinking back now,

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
for me it was watching the Utd/Blackburn game at OT. We went down 1 nil in the 1st half and Blackburn were wasting time early in the 2nd. That got the then record premiership crowd worked up pretty good and then Scholes took it upon himslef to draw us level.
After that it seemed like maybe it was going to be our day. Of course we smashed 'em 4-1 in the end.
brilliant stuff!

on the telly: the Everton game and O'Shea's smash and grab at Anfield stand out.

pancho pearson

I wouldn't know where to start. You can't just pick one moment. Included, O'Shea's winner at Anfailed, Roma, but for me the defining moment was the 4-2 at Goodison Park. Lesser teams would've given in, not us. Cheers again Phil.:)

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker

Nothing comes even close. The last minute winner in front of the Kop, in the one game that even the most optimistic among us were resigned to lose points before the game started, let alone considering how shite we were on the day.
This was the day when I actually started believing the title was ours to lose. If you like, we won the title on Merseyside...
Agreed. Meant a hell of a lot to me that game.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Sitting in the Fulham end as they battered us for 87 minutes was hell. But then Ronaldo got the ball and the next 5 minutes were a blur. It was brilliant ive never seen so many opposition fans in the home end, they jumped up from everywhere!

Number7

Ret's Slave
i'm going to say Rooneys goal against Everton.

Just for the situation of the day...being on the verge of having our lead wiped out, 2-0 down, Chelsea winning...to comeback like that was amazing. This goal all but sealed the comeback...amazing.

I don't think even O'Sheas winner at Anfailed made me celebrate as much.

dileno

It has got to be against Blackburn at home. What an agony, until Scholes swirlved past the whole Blackburn defence and put it in the net. Magic.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Fulham and Liverpool The two games one week after the other, were truly amazing and that is when i realised that we'd take some beating. Roma 7-1 was incredible, but not quite the same as the above ones.
Was great away at Goodison with Chelsea drawing aswell

MarliMan

winning 2-0 at home to sheffield united, then i realised after that game we would win the champions league

mu77

UNITED v the dippers - all of us there - scholesy bangs in the 1st right in front of us in his 500th appearance.

yeaher

It has got to be against Blackburn at home. What an agony, until Scholes swirlved past the whole Blackburn defence and put it in the net. Magic.
that was game was quite enjoyable to be at. it was the only time united trailed at home besides Arsenal. the type of football United played that day was absolutely brilliant. When I watched the recording of the game the commentator says after Carrick's goal, "listen to the fans. theyre celebrating like theyve won the league" and we were

beergod

Vidic's header against Benfica, after the first goal I had a sinking feeling that we were going to crash out of the CL just like last year. After that goal I ran around the house screaming because I knew we were through. And then I was half expecting Vidic to show up at my doorstep at halftime and breaking my neck for doubting that we would go through.

kikks

Well, for me:

I was at work for the Everton game, so I didn't have the opportunity to watch it. So I'm walking around biting my nails and generally being bloody nervous. And my mate who was supposed to send me updates over SMS, doesn't. At half-time though, this Evertoncunt that knows I'm a united-fan comes in and gleefully shouts "1-0, you manc bastard" at me. And then my mate calls me later and informs me that we're 2-0 down.

So naturally I go into a deep depression, and sneak off to have a sit-down. Then I get an SMS "bolton - chavski 2-2!!". My hope returns. "Well atleast the cnuts are only getting 1 point."

A couple of minutes later I get another SMS: "YES 3-2!!!!"

So I call him up and yell "THANK YOU feckIN BOLTON"

"Bolton?!"

"YOU'RE feckING JOKING?"

That was the moment I knew.

BLOODY CHAMPIONS :D And the icing on the cake came shortly after. "4-2 Eagles!" MOMENT OF THE YEAR.

Red_Aaron

Ronaldos goal at Fulham for me

Up to that game we'd been the best team in the country by far and it was clear that Fergie had constructed another great footballing team, but part of me, undoubtably influenced by previous seasons of the title challenge petering out, I hadn't yet fully began to believe the team had the same never-say-die attitude of our great sdes of the recent past and i was worrying that we'd start to draw or lose tight games whilst the chelsea machine continued to grind out dire 1-0s and take the title.

That goal at Fulham however was like a huge great fecking sign from Eric saying we will NOT be denied this year, no matter how we play or what the opposition does we were not going to be stopped and i knew from that point on that we'd win the league, i swear i never doubted us from then on even playing so poorly at scumfield or being 2-0 down at everton i felt we'd win both games and we did because i knew we were a real utd team again with giant balls to match our giant quality

oh and what a fecking goal it was too btw, a real utd moment when we're up against it we produce a moment of outstanding quality

I also remember reducing my 3yr old to genuine tears of fear when i went fecking tazmanian when that goal went in, i screamed the fecking place down and shit the life out of him. he'll understand one day

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Penalty saved by Van Der Sar, against City.

I felt confidence in our final triumph.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
If this is allowed, Keano's management. Important for United's future I feel.
We win the Premiership and have a shot at the FA Cup, and your highlight of the season is another team's achievements?!

2red4U

VDS's save against City
Rooney's last minute winner against Milan
Vidic's header against Benfica
final whistle at Emirates last Sunday

choose, I can't decide

p.s. Let's make a poll

ciderman9000000

Rooney's last minute winner against Milan was the best for me. The atmosphere outside the ground afterwards was fantastic.

mista john

We win the Premiership and have a shot at the FA Cup, and your highlight of the season is another team's achievements?!
Just being different, don't take it too seriously. But I do feel Keane could be the long-term answer to Fergie's succession. And that could be more important than even the Double this year. However, answering the question, best moment for me was Rooney's last-minner winner against AC Milan.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
for anyone its got to be sheasy against the dippers. thats when i knew it was our season, and its always nice to do the double over the scouse cnuts.