Your ONE highlight of the season

Rooney24

Its been a great season as we all know, but what has been your absolute one highlight of the season, not the most important point, not a turning point, but just one point of this season that stands out for you and you will remember this season for above all the rest. It can be anything, a goal, a game, an incident.....whatever.

For me, while the whole Roma game was amazing, the one point I think stands out was Smiths goal in that game. The speed we broke at, the one touch passing football, the finish, the derelium of the celebrations. People who I know who are not even United fans stood up and clapped in the pub I was watching that in. Aboultely fantastic and what Manchester United should be all about.

bollox

In the stands watching the United vs. Roma and dancing with glee after the first goal, shaking in shock after the second and joining in the complete and utter pandemonium when the third went in.

I don't think I'll EVER have a football experience like that again. Simply amazing to watch and amazing to experience that atmosphere.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It's a tough one because there have been so many high points.
It's one that everyone will say, but my highlight was Sheasy's winner at the Kop!

I was in a pub watching with friends. It is no exaggeration to say that in a pub of around 200 people, there were about 3 United fans. The rest were Scousers or ABU's. When it went in, it was euphoria for me. After about 10 seconds I realised that I was one of a tiny minority going mental. A bitter Scouser put his pint down, walked in front of the screen, shouted "fecking Manc bastards" and walked out.

BRILLIANT!

Gobo

ronaldos last minute winner against fulham and the celebration that followed it. that was the moment i really started to believe that our name was on the cup.:)

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"

Nothing comes even close. The last minute winner in front of the Kop, in the one game that even the most optimistic among us were resigned to lose points before the game started, let alone considering how shite we were on the day.
This was the day when I actually started believing the title was ours to lose. If you like, we won the title on Merseyside...

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It's funny - but after both the Fulham and Liverpool games there was a feeling that it was job done. Yet, the amount of twists and turns that came after it was remarkable.

judge2nd

Rick roofing one in front of the stunned kop. that sent me into an ecstatic peak rivaling the heights of Everest.
you get only one in this thread, and that would undoubtedly be it for me.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
first one that sprung to mind is O'Shea's last minute winner against the scousers.

Another I liked is The Cat in goal stopping Robbie Keane
aye that was a great moment. sheasy is the renaissance man this year. limited capacity as a footballer - but a trier nonetheless, who has chipped in with some vital contributions this season.

narnar

Needs Help
5-1 at Fulham, 4 goals within 20 minutes. Just got into the pub when the fourth goal was scored and couldn't believe it. Yes it was Fulham and they're crap, but to score four goals in 20 minutes, it gave me the feeling that it was going to be a good season. Especially with Rooney and Ronaldo playing so well together, after all the World Cup shenanigans.

CR#7

ronnie against fulham at the cottage was fecking brilliant.

Jacob

Ronaldo's last minute winner at Craven Cottage, and the celebrations afterwards will stick for a very long time.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Either Ronaldo's late goal against Fulham, or O'Shea's last minute winner against Liverpool.

Think I'll go with O'SHea's goal. Given the moment, the team and the consequence. That was the moment I knew we would win the title.

Gazza

O'Shea. Anfield.

How often does a last-minute winner in front of the Kop come along?

If I wanted to be different I'd nominate Scholesy's equaliser vs Blackburn, when all the tension suddenly evaporated and was replaced by delirium. Like the United of old.

VP

It's been a memorable season. Some brilliant memories..

Sitting in the Fulham end watching Ronaldo scoring a last minute goal after being booed the whole game was amazing.

The comeback against Blackburn where the whole crowd lifted the team in the second half.

O'shea's winner, obviously.

Vidic's header against Wigan in the 3-1 game and then beating Blackburn away, I had a feeling it would be our season.

Doogie

There was something about Vidic's equaliser against Wigan away that told me this season was gonna be something special. Last season we probably would not have scored in a game like that and to see him jump like a salmon, unforgetable.

Of course O'Shea at Anfield, Ronnie's goal vs. Fulham and the 7-1 hammering are all worthy of a mention but for me it has to be Vidic.

Youngie

Oshea's winner against the Scouse Scum was glorious but more in a tribal sense, in that we had beaten hated rivals and got all the points...but it was a scruffy goal.
Its the last minute winner at Fulham that gets my vote. Proved we could win matches we didnt deserve to and installed a new belief that this was our year. Ronaldo's run and finish was not only vital but classic United in its sheer beauty and theatre....Pure United!

B Cantona

Desperate
I have to go with Roma, those nights just don't come along everyday. All the tension regarding the game and also the Rome support beforehand, and all lifted by an absolutely scintilating performance, perhaps the best I've ever seen from a United side. Everyone had a fabulous game, all of the goals were top quality, against a bloody good side. It helps of course the other highlights mentioned are mainly away from home; while this was at OT so I was there to see it. Hope to make some inroads into away attendance next season mind

yeaher

5-1 at Fulham, 4 goals within 20 minutes. Just got into the pub when the fourth goal was scored and couldn't believe it. Yes it was Fulham and they're crap, but to score four goals in 20 minutes, it gave me the feeling that it was going to be a good season. Especially with Rooney and Ronaldo playing so well together, after all the World Cup shenanigans.
me too, you knew the season was going to be special only 20 mins into it

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Has to be O'Shea's goal at Anfield :D

fatboy

Two huge moments in our title charge:

Ronnie's last minute goal against Fulham in a match we had no right to win, the way we were playing.

Rooney's go-ahead goal in the match against Everton. I was watching the match on the tele with two Liverpool fans, the look on their faces was absolutely priceless. And the concurrent match at SB just added to the drama. What a day!

HKRed

Nothing comes even close. The last minute winner in front of the Kop, in the one game that even the most optimistic among us were resigned to lose points before the game started, let alone considering how shite we were on the day.
This was the day when I actually started believing the title was ours to lose. If you like, we won the title on Merseyside...

Bang on mate. I jumped in the air when JOS won it and broke my foot. Pain, pleasure and fecking glee to have beaten the Mickeys. Even now I'm hobbling around, but it's a reminder of that goal going in 9 weeks after the event and worth the disruption.

KOV

Melbourne! Was at Old Trafford for UNITED 5 Spurs
only ONE?

ok will have to go with the first game of the season i got the kick off times wrong leaving my new girlfriend house :rolleyes: :p l got home started watching from the 25th minute and it was already 4-0? i knew back then we made a statement of intent to the rest of the league that we meant business :devil: :devil:

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
When rooney scored from the counter attack he and ronaldo produced with so much speed from their own half(I forgot against who though). After all the shit that was said about them, that goal was like a message to the media to 'go stick it'.

The Azzurri

What?! Nobody mentioned O'Shea in goal against Tottenham? That has got to be my highlight of the season, it was so hilarious!

Justin

O'Shea's winner.

But in the words of Ronaldo "The best is coming" - when we lift the trophy

RedTintedSpecs

When rooney scored from the counter attack he and ronaldo produced with so much speed from their own half(I forgot against who though). After all the shit that was said about them, that goal was like a message to the media to 'go stick it'.
That was Bolton, was a great goal but i wouldn't class it as highlight of the season.

All the above are worthy but i will go with Rooneys last minute winner against Milan. I absoloutly beleived we were detsined for the treble after that.
Maybe next year.....