Your one past United player as a summer transfer

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Saw this question on Twitter, which one player from the pantheon of United greats would you take as a summer transfer now?

Had a think and this video popped up and decided I'd take this guy for RW:

SER19

Roy keane 1998-2001. Hed elevate a talented squad to the level they should be able to achieve. Hed give us a seriousness we lack, a mindset overhaul and a fear factor. Easy choice for me.

I can see ronaldo being a popular choice, naturally, but for the lull we seem to be in post fergie keane would be ideal

Sparky Rhiwabon

Saw this question on Twitter, which one player from the pantheon of United greats would you take as a summer transfer now?

Had a think and this video popped up and decided I'd take this guy for RW:

The modern attacking player (and I mean ANY not just Neymar) would have gone down under any of those tackles or attempted tackles, and been praised by commentators for "drawing the foul"

In a world where Martial - the "Cul-de-sac Kid" is worth £80m - I can't imagine what Best would be worth now

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Roy keane 1998-2001. Hed elevate a talented squad to the level they should be able to achieve. Hed give us a seriousness we lack, a mindset overhaul and a fear factor. Easy choice for me.

I can see ronaldo being a popular choice, naturally, but for the lull we seem to be in post fergie keane would be ideal
I agree, although I am not sure how Keane would work with the more modern generation, combined with a non SAF environment.

SER19

I agree, although I am not sure how Keane would work with the more modern generation, combined with a non SAF environment.
True but if he didnt get players on board that winning is more important than anything id start to believe the concerns about mentality of our squad

Aloysius's Back 3

Considering Jose is likely to continue with Lukaku upfront as a target man - I'd go with Beckham at RM this summer.

Can't remember much about his defensive abilities though. Must have been okay.

Reynoldo

Agreed. One new player (no matter how talented he is individually) is not going to transform this current bunch of players. There is something rotten at the core here that needs fixing from the inside out. They need a mentality shift and there is only one cnut I can think of that could drag this squad to where they should be.

Jev

We desperately need a right-winger and the best player the club ever had used to play RW for us. Obviously Ronaldo.

Sambob

I assume im going to get some sort of booby prize for saying peak Ronaldo?

Lemansky

Roy Keane. He would not accept the standards we have seen over the last years. He was a true leader which our team severely lacks.

kthanksbye

In the current team, a peak Nani or a peak Beckham on the right.
Pogba will play the ball wide and their crosses will find find Lukaku.

vk20legend

Beckham. Our set piece is sorted. Lukaku just needs to stay in the box and he will score like 40 goals during the season. Our right side of the attack is sorted and unlike Ronaldo he'll never want to leave United to his dream club.

Cloud7

I don’t like commenting on players that I’ve never seen actually play, so that excludes best etc, brilliant players though they have been.

I would have to go with Ronaldo for this. United Ronaldo would be exactly what this attack needs.

D4X73r

For all the players and their height we currently have in the squad, I would go for Beckham. Every set piece would be a goal threat again with anyone in the penalty area going for the header.

Think of Lukaku, Fellaini, Pogba and Smalling in the box and Beckham standing at the corner

Alfie092

Cristiano Ronaldo which is 10 years younger than his is now. At 23 he was playing on the right for us, he could come in and fill that side nicely while automatically adding 30-40 goals to our side.

Obviously this thread states one player, but if I could choose 3 players, then I would add Keane to replace Matic as our DM and Evra to come in at LB. 2 world-class players who were rarely injured, Evra a decade ago was arguably the best LB in the world. Keane gives us that leadership which we have been lacking for several years now and was in general a world-class footballer too! His passing was so underrated, his ability to play quick and simple passes between the lines is something Mourinho wants us to improve on and he would give us that.

Kevin_

Chicharito.. didn’t think he would have as much as an impact as he did.

Bwuk

Ronaldo.

Add in his 40 odd goals a year into this side and we'd win the league.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Beckham without a doubt. We're crying out for someone who can cross.

buckooo1978

Keane obviously for me

a fantastic player and leader....

aside of his own qualities mediocrity isn't accepted in a Keane side

Miscemayl

Beckham - we have giants but no one that can cross the ball!

He never stopped tracking back so would work for Mourinho, and seriously, our FK/Corners would instantly be much more deadly.

youngrell

I'm a new fan to the sport, can you explain to me why he didn't get a longer look at the manager spot?
Lack of experience in management and the biggest club in the world would be the main issues. Not a great mix.

Hopefully he can prove himself worthy of the job in years to come.