Your perfect send-off for Van Gaal

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
With an FA Cup.

I don't hate him. I don't want to see him humiliated. I have a lot of respect for what he has done through his entire career. It just hasn't worked here. He hasn't purposely done a bad job. If he was failing, it was up to the men upstairs to pull the plug. LVG was obviously never going to wave the white flag.

So, win the cup and retire. Go out a winner(of sorts) but without being paid off. Best for everyone.

Fener1907

Just something old-school like ensuring he was last to make his way to the team bus before closing the doors on him right as he was trying to take his first step onto it and letting him watch the rest of the team sail off into the distance with Jose looking out of the back seat as he is left to plan his journey home and indeed the rest of his life alone in the Wembley car park.
:lol:

Made me chuckle because I imagined him talking to himself during the entire scenario. "Hey, the door ish closhed. Hey. I didn't get on yet, guysh. Come on, open it."

I don't think this thread was intended to be as serious as it's turned out to be.

wiz4231

Your ideal way for Van Gaal to leave involves us losing the FA Cup final? Who do you support exactly?
I support Utd, do I feel we'll win? No. That's been the story of LVG, he's sucked the football life out of me. It makes no difference to me if we win or lose because I have no expectations under him in charge.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I support Utd, do I feel we'll win? No. That's been the story of LVG, he's sucked the football life out of me. It makes no difference to me if we win or lose because I have no expectations under him in charge.
What a ridiculously stupid attitude.

Spoiled and arrogant.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
The perfect send off would be to win the cup. Nothing more to add. Today is a game we could lose but Fellaini will be important for us. He strengthens us from set pieces which some just don't appriciate. We don't have a Vidic at the back currently and in my opinion, if Fellaini hadn't have been retrospectively banned, we'd be in the champions league next season. That's how important he is.

I hope for a good performance and an early goal to settle us. Hopefully United and Palace play well but United win.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
The F.A. Cup on a viking burial barge, yet we don't set it on fire, we just let him drift to sea. It's part of the process.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
How can you so strongly dislike somebody who has dedicated the last two years of his life trying to achieve success with the club you support?

I would like Mourinho to be our coach next summer but the abuse van Gaal receives from his own fans is too much.

I seriously hope that the players perform for him today, he gets to lift another trophy and is placed in a new, senior role at Old Trafford where his influence along with Jose's leadership will guide us to another era of dominance.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Win the cup and over-the-top drunken open top bus celebrations in true LVG-style before he's allowed to announce his retirement and handover to Mourinho gracefully

prath92

Happy that at least a few feel like me. We are supposed to be better fans than others like city I feel. He has had lots of negatives and dumb decisions but he gave us martial and Rashford. We lost just once to city when even SAF lost to city 6-1 and Moyes 4-1. So a win and send him off in style.

Fener1907

Even if you have no expectations, should you win, it really ought to make a difference because, you know, you've won a trophy and that's kind of the point of football. You're also more able to enjoy it because it seems less and less likely that even a win will save him.

If you're actually saying that you literally can't enjoy a trophy because he's the manager and it's that straight forward for you, there's not much to say in response to that.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Happy that at least a few feel like me. We are supposed to be better fans than others like city I feel. He has had lots of negatives and dumb decisions but he gave us martial and Rashford. We lost just once to city when even SAF lost to city 6-1 and Moyes 4-1.
I would like to think that we are a club that will treat people humanely. At the end of the day, LVG has tried his best, even if his methods proved to be outdated

Natener

My send off for LVG is simple.
to

RedRevongge

I wake up and it was all a dream
just kidding it would be nice for LVG to walk away as an FA cup winner

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Let's not be petty here if he is indeed leaving.

The man may be eccentric but he has proven his quality over the years. He didn't work out here but without a doubt he did what he could and what he thought best. There were many positives among the negatives. Regardless of what he hasn't achieved, he deserves a dignified farewell to his retirement.

Despite the childish and caustic vitriol on these boards, let's show some class.
Here here

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm sure managers do not deliberately set out to bring a club down or set it back and as bad as van Gaal has been for United, I would like to think he has genuinely tried his best for United.

I don't think there's any need for him to be abused or anything like that but I wouldn't want him elevated or made a fuss of either, even if he wins the FA Cup! I would be happy with a simple parting of the ways and the stock statement on the club website thanking him for his 2 years of service and wishing him the best for the future.

He's not a bad person so the personal attacks are unjustified in my opinion. The way the City clowns treated Pellers was shocking tbh and their comments on Bluemoon, unbelievable. I hope we don't go that far.

justboy68

I'm sure managers do not deliberately set out to bring a club down or set it back and as bad as van Gaal has been for United, I would like to think he has genuinely tried his best for United.

I don't think there's any need for him to be abused or anything but I wouldn't want him elevated or made a fuss of either, even if he wins the FA Cup! I would be happy with a simple parting of the ways and the stock statement on the club website thanking him for his 2 years of service and wishing the best for the future.

He's not a bad person so the personal attacks are unjustified in my opinion. The way the City clowns treated Pellers was shocking tbh and their comments on Bluemoon, unbelievable. I hope we don't go that far.
This. Winning the FA cup would really be a perfect way to leave things. Yes overall he will have failed, but at least we'll have something to show at the end of it. He can take that into retirement and we can use it as a building block for future success. No need for bitterness... as long as we win today :nervous:

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
A fan breaks onto the pitch and seizes van Gaal's mic during his farewell speech and cheers "Thanks for the memories, congrats on retirement." and runs away with it.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
With an FA Cup.

I don't hate him. I don't want to see him humiliated. I have a lot of respect for what he has done through his entire career. It just hasn't worked here. He hasn't purposely done a bad job. If he was failing, it was up to the men upstairs to pull the plug. LVG was obviously never going to wave the white flag.

So, win the cup and retire. Go out a winner(of sorts) but without being paid off. Best for everyone.
Agree with this.

Irrational.

We win the cup, with the players & LVG celebrating in the middle of the pitch. Amidst the celebrations Woodward walks onto the pitch. He has something in his hand. What's that? A piece of paper? Looks like a contract. For fecks sake!

The United fans in the crowd begin to boo, LVG is grinning. He's won. Some people are in tears, similar to that Liverpool fan on Wednesday. They can't believe it. How can Woodward do this to us?

Suddenly, Woodward rips up the piece of paper in front of LVG and picks up the mic - "You're fired," he says.

The crowd go wild. Banners, glitter, fireworks, flares the lot going off. LVG scowles. "Feck you, I quit. You shall not sack me." He storms down the tunnel, throwing his notepad into the crowd. More cheers.

Woodward then proceeds to walk towards Giggs. The crowd quieten down, a pin drop can be heard. "And you, Ryan..."

The crowd collectively gasp.

"... are NOT the next United Manager."

Further cheers and celebrations.

"Now, please welcome the new Manchester United manager. Put your hands together for Jose Mourinho!"

And then, Jose is inaugurated as the manager. Chants of "Jose Mourinho" echo throughout the stadium. The headlines tomorrow read "Mou-nchester United", as we begin a new reign.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
We win the cup, with the players & LVG celebrating in the middle of the pitch. Amidst the celebrations Woodward walks onto the pitch. He has something in his hand. What's that? A piece of paper? Looks like a contract. For fecks sake!

The United fans in the crowd begin to boo, LVG is grinning. He's won. Some people are in tears, similar to that Liverpool fan on Wednesday. They can't believe it. How can Woodward do this to us?

Suddenly, Woodward rips up the piece of paper in front of LVG and picks up the mic - "You're fired," he says.

The crowd go wild. Banners, glitter, fireworks, flares the lot going off. LVG scowles. "Feck you, I quit. You shall not sack me." He storms down the tunnel, throwing his notepad into the crowd. More cheers.

Woodward then proceeds to walk towards Giggs. The crowd quieten down, a pin drop can be heard. "And you, Ryan..."

The crowd collectively gasp.

"... are NOT the next United Manager."

Further cheers and celebrations.

"Now, please welcome the new Manchester United manager. Put your hands together for Jose Mourinho!"

And then, Jose is inaugurated as the manager. Chants of "Jose Mourinho" echo throughout the stadium. The headlines tomorrow read "Mou-nchester United", as we begin a new reign.
You're certainly irrational if you think Woodwood doing that to Giggs would get cheered.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
On the assumption he's leaving after this game, I'd clap him regardless of the result today. He hasn't delivered but he tried his hardest for the club and it wasn't a right fit for the premier league.

I'm sitting where they collect the medals today so I'l clap him 100%. Hes leaving anyway so there's no need to protest or anything. Thanks for your time LVG. Not delivered on targets but the efforts are appreciated

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The perfect send off would have to be that he stayed and somehow won the league next season. As that won't happen though I'll take winning the cup and him retiring Monday morning.

Lynty

Something involving his testicles being exposed to half of Wembley stadium during a team talk before a penalty shoot out...

...a scenario which is entirely possible with this man.

Mal donaghy

I don't think there's any need for him to be abused or anything like that but I wouldn't want him elevated or made a fuss of either, even if he wins the FA Cup! I would be happy with a simple parting of the ways and the stock statement on the club website thanking him for his 2 years of service and wishing him the best for the future.

Spot on.

SER19

This thread has descended into embarrassment. In fact the entire forum is gone to absolute rubbish as to read the worthwhile or considered thoughtful posts you have to sift through hundreds of baseless, idiotic, teenage you tuber, internet humour rubbish posts.

The lack insight some people show is astounding, I genuinely don't know why some are here or following a football team full stop.

There's a cup final today, with the opportunity to win our first trophy post Ferguson. Win a trophy most fans of other clubs dream of. This forum seems to represent a huge volume of people that are adamant on watching us win it, refusing to enjoy it, and berating and spitting vile at the players and managers involved. 21st century pricks.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Players finally understanding his "philosophy" and playing the best football they have played in the last 3 years(at least) and us cruising to a 3-0 win.
LVG gives a cracking post match interview and resigns

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Switch Robb with LVG, Walder Frey with Mou, Robb's wife with Giggs, Fellaini with Walder's wife and Roose with Scholes

Im joking of course

Last edited:

Lynty

This thread has descended into embarrassment. In fact the entire forum is gone to absolute rubbish as to read the worthwhile or considered thoughtful posts you have to sift through hundreds of baseless, idiotic, teenage you tuber, internet humour rubbish posts.

The lack insight some people show is astounding, I genuinely don't know why some are here or following a football team full stop.

There's a cup final today, with the opportunity to win our first trophy post Ferguson. Win a trophy most fans of other clubs dream of. This forum seems to represent a huge volume of people that are adamant on watching us win it, refusing to enjoy it, and berating and spitting vile at the players and managers involved. 21st century pricks.
Lighten up and get down from your soap box mate.

This thread was never meant to be serious, just look at the original post.