Your perfect send-off for Van Gaal

Crustanoid

Mine involves an ejector seat in the Wembley dugout. The camera pans to his helium balloon head and five seconds later boiiiinnnnggg.....and you can just see a speck somewhere in the distance in the sky.

What would your ideal LVG exit be like?

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Just something old-school like ensuring he was last to make his way to the team bus before closing the doors on him right as he was trying to take his first step onto it and letting him watch the rest of the team sail off into the distance with Jose looking out of the back seat as he is left to plan his journey home and indeed the rest of his life alone in the Wembley car park.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I'll just be thinking "Thanks, but unfortunately it didn't work". I don't dislike the man, I just hate most of the decisions he's made this year.

He's made some improvements, and might leave with a cup win. If he does, then I won't hold too many grudges. Just win the cup, celebrate, announce a parting of the ways, and appoint Mourinho. Then we can all move on.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Just win the cup, celebrate, announce a parting of the ways, and appoint Mourinho. Then we can all move on.
Yep. What I don't want is Louis making a tremendous fuss over his dismissal; this is a chance for him to retire a winner, and with dignity, so I hope his ego doesn't screw that up.

RedPnutz

Let's not be petty here if he is indeed leaving.

The man may be eccentric but he has proven his quality over the years. He didn't work out here but without a doubt he did what he could and what he thought best. There were many positives among the negatives. Regardless of what he hasn't achieved, he deserves a dignified farewell to his retirement.

Despite the childish and caustic vitriol on these boards, let's show some class.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Hat-trick for Rashford would do.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Sumo wrestling with Scholes in the centre circle.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I like Van Gaal a lot but understand the football has been shite for the most part and he needs to go.

I wish him well whatever happens tomorrow but him winning a trophy with us before leaving would be a nice end for him and possibly the start of something good for us.

Distracted Steward

The camera finally catches a glimpse of his notebook: it's a sketch of changes to his Portuguese villa. He writes and circles "ready", smiles contently. We never hear from him after the final. Gone.

RikRuud

The team lifts the FA cup and we get a shot of Van Gaal walking away with his fist in the air a la Breakfast club.

"Don't you, forget about me"

Phil

You just know he'll be like SEE YA *drops mic*

Golden Nugget

I agree with most here - I like the man, but dislike his playing /management style.

If it is his final game I hope we do it with honour and give him a good send off

NK86

Yep. What I don't want is Louis making a tremendous fuss over his dismissal; this is a chance for him to retire a winner, and with dignity, so I hope his ego doesn't screw that up.
Maybe it won't immediately but you can bet your house that he will make vitriolic commenta towards our club in the not too distant future irrespective of whether he leaves this year or next.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Win the cup and exit with class from all parties involved. No fuss, no vitriol, nothing negative.

peridigm

I'd at least like Kenny Powers to pop out of the cup and shout "you're fecking out!"

wiz4231

Lose the cup final and gets sacked on the spot. Way over his head and needs to be bought back to reality. He's not good enough to manage a top club, basically he's past it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Lose the cup final and gets sacked on the spot. Way over his head and needs to be bought back to reality. He's not good enough to manage a top club, basically he's past it.
Your ideal way for Van Gaal to leave involves us losing the FA Cup final? Who do you support exactly?

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Win the sloppiest, most frantic FA Cup final ever by a score of 5-4. LVG announces his retirement afterwards on doctor's orders due to his dangerously twitchy arse.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wins FA Cup. Gives an entertaining press conference and resigns at the end of press conference. Has been a giant of the game, better he retires with dignity

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
A repeat of Rooney's goal from Tuesday to win us the trophy in a 1-0 victory would be his idea of perfection.

I just want us to win and get that trophy.

Aloysius Paulus Maria van Gaal!

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
We win the FA cup, paint Wembley red and then on the way back to Manchester we drop VG at Heathrow and hand him a packet containing his tickets to Portugal and severance cheque with 'You failed' written on the back of it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Lifting FA cup and then announced his retirement in "pride"... this way everyone will be happy.

Bojan11

Win and feck off.

Can't believe people want us to lose a final. He is gone regardless. It's not just about 4th place. It's the damning other statistics alongside it. If we actually played decent football then people would not have minded not getting 5th.

Mr Smith

I'll just be thinking "Thanks, but unfortunately it didn't work". I don't dislike the man, I just hate most of the decisions he's made this year.

He's made some improvements, and might leave with a cup win. If he does, then I won't hold too many grudges. Just win the cup, celebrate, announce a parting of the ways, and appoint Mourinho. Then we can all move on.
This. You can be frustrated and disappointed with the decisions he's made, but he did his best. Personally, I have as much ill will for the board as I do from Van Gaal for this season.

If we win and then he announces his retirement the next day, I'll be happy.

stubie

Wins the cup and walks to the centre circle with it on his own. He then put the FA Cup on the kick off spot, slowly drops his trousers, then his pants before showing the whole of Wembley his balls and finishes of with a bit of windmilling.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Win the FA cup and then part ways with him with Ed Woodward listing the abysmal statistics from his reign, citing how having scored less goals than Sunderland doesn't fit into the Manchester United philosophy.

It's only fair, given how Van Gaal cites his "philosophy" as the reason for getting rid of people who have had more successes than him in the club.

saivet

Win the FA Cup and Woody to sack him in front of all the players on the coach back

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Should be interesting hearing players observations once he's left the club. That's if they're allowed to speak out.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I want him sacked, rather than him announcing his retirement. He's taken away my high (fix) over the last 2 years.