Your perfect send-off for Van Gaal

togg

I think I am in a minority of just me, but there is something nagging at me telling me he wont be sacked.
God I hope I am wrong.
Well, as I've said before, that will mean that Ed has to persuade LVG to extend his contract. You don't go into a new season with the whole place knowing the manager is leaving at the end of it. Ed is a businessman, no company would do that no matter what they are involved in. Too many lessons were learnt from the first Fergie retirement experience. So ultimately, it's three things. Sack, Extend.....or LVG gracefully announces he is retiring.

pauldyson1uk

Well, as I've said before, that will mean that Ed has to persuade LVG to extend his contract. You don't go into a new season with the whole place knowing the manager is leaving at the end of it. Ed is a businessman, no company would do that no matter what they are involved in. Too many lessons were learnt from the first Fergie retirement experience. So ultimately, it's three things. Sack, Extend.....or LVG gracefully announces he is retiring.
or sees out the last year of his contract and we have 9-12 months to find a new manager.
Pretty much the same has City did.

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
The man worked hard and didn't do that well. I can understand wanting to see the back of him, but let's be classy and do a normal one.

I went out of business once with my store, and when I got home to my family I wasn't stoned to death. Man, tough crowd.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Sack home this morning without telling the players. Then have Jose turn take over and win a trophy in his first game.
Two before the next regular season even starts: FA cup and the Community Shield. I like this plan.

Smores

Why do some fans on here like this man? He's ruined the joy of football for so many and that's got to be one of the harshest criticisms for a United manager.

I assume you liked him previously and can't get over your manager crush?

Personally I hope our players let loose with their criticism of him as soon as he's gone. He doesn't deserve the ego he walks round with and there's nothing worse than a incompetent who think he's God.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
After the FA Cup Final win, the lights go out and LVG is mysteriously absent.

SAF is in the centre circle.

"Let me tell you a story" he starts. The crowd go silent. The spotlight is on Fergie.

"This is a story of a man who spent 250 million in charge of a massive club. For a while, this man looked to be doing well. He had the fans support. But his football was dreadful. He took the team backwards. If he carried on managing this massive club, they look more likely to get relegated than win the league. I've heard from his players how defensive and negative his tactics are. Fantastic footballers who I know well were sold and gone on to great things, while some of the players for this great club clearly aren't bothered. This man has made baffling transfers. This man has turned what was once a fortress... into a ground where teams take the michael every fecking week."

Sir Alex Ferguson takes a breath. "And that man is Jose Mourinho."

Jose Mourinho is in the stands. A second spotlight falls on him.

"Ye really think I'd let this cnut take charge of the club I worked so hard for?"

LVG appears behind Mourinho and tars and feathers him.

Sir Alex continues, "Now we need a change at this club. Me and LVG are gonna sort out the boys upstairs. But football is a young mans game. Poch.. it's your time to shine."

Pochetino arrives in the centre circle, lifts the FA Cup trophy, LVG punches Mourinho who is crying in the stands and David De Gea signs a ten year contract in the centre circle.

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
No, Smores, he actually tried to play silky smooth attacking football. He failed, and thereby he ruined the enjoyment for many fans. He worked hard, though, and did his best, and that's all you can ask of any man. Hating him for failing -- not in jest, but in earnest -- well, I hope you'll always be successful in life because sometimes, things just don't work out and everyone thinks it is your fault.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I think I am in a minority of just me, but there is something nagging at me telling me he wont be sacked.
God I hope I am wrong.
I have a similar feeling mate. In my nightmares I picture Ed giving an interview justifying his decisions...oh Louis is great to work with and he's lying the the foundations ....and then i wake up with a scream and wet duvet.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

"Let me tell you a story" he starts. The crowd go silent. The spotlight is on Fergie.

"This is a story of a man who spent 250 million in charge of a massive club. For a while, this man looked to be doing well. He had the fans support. But his football was dreadful. He took the team backwards. If he carried on managing this massive club, they look more likely to get relegated than win the league. I've heard from his players how defensive and negative his tactics are. Fantastic footballers who I know well were sold and gone on to great things, while some of the players for this great club clearly aren't bothered. This man has made baffling transfers. This man has turned what was once a fortress... into a ground where teams take the michael every fecking week."

"Ye really think I'd let this cnut take charge of the club I worked so hard for?"

Sir Alex continues, "Now we need a change at this club. Me and LVG are gonna sort out the boys upstairs. But football is a young mans game. Poch.. it's your time to shine."

Pochetino arrives in the centre circle, lifts the FA Cup trophy, LVG punches Mourinho who is crying in the stands and David De Gea signs a ten year contract in the centre circle.

you forgot the part where Poch's team spurs it and finish below LeArse,

buckooo1978

:lol::lol::lol:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
rocket fired directly into the sun. then lots of bombs sent to blow up the sun in case he somehow survived.

Tarrou

One-way ticket to Portugal, pronto. I'll stretch to business just to make sure he gets on the plane.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
"For a while, this man looked to be doing well...":lol:

You mean a title in The toughest league in the world?

Kudos to you, Twigg, you are relentless with your nonsense.

Smores

No, Smores, he actually tried to play silky smooth attacking football. He failed, and thereby he ruined the enjoyment for many fans. He worked hard, though, and did his best, and that's all you can ask of any man. Hating him for failing -- not in jest, but in earnest -- well, I hope you'll always be successful in life because sometimes, things just don't work out and everyone thinks it is your fault.
Cry me a river with this fallen hero guff.

The man came in and instantly tried to enforce his dull dutch tactics on us that had got him media attention in the summer. Since then it's been a series of failures, bullshit and failure on his part to take any blame.

The man blames the board and blames the fans and would throw any player under the bus. This isn't a man who I can feel sorry for, ironically the failure of a man Moyes was and he had several times the abuse on here.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Its not the failure, it's the arrogant and constant passing of the Buck, it e injuries fault, it's the players, the board didn't buy the players I want, it's the fans fault, but never EVER his fault. That beavis looking bitch has made the football so dull I have to make myself sit and watch rather than enjoying it and looking forward to it, he has made football a chore, I know we won't always win, but this spineless gutless approach to the game is the antithesis of Manchester United, I don't care how he goes as long as he goes, and goes soon and I never hear his damn name again

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I don't believe there's any need for such spite and animosity since there hasn't been a manager who decided to step down on his own when things were going downhill for his team. If you are angry that LvG is still here and want to look for culprits, look elsewhere. It's up to the men who run a club to decide if the results on the pitch and the quality of the football justify sacking a manager or not. The manager's job is to keep pushing on with the hope that things will be better.

I was happy when we appointed LvG because i believed he could help the first team make the transition into a modern possession based side. So was the vast majority of the Caf, as far as i can recall. Or as one of my Liverpool mates recently confessed to me "i wasn't worried that he'd create an unstoppable side, i was more afraid that he'd win you the CL". It didn't work out well but since most of us thought in the beginning that LvG would be the answer to our problems, we should at least show some class.

So, thanks for Martial, thanks for making Shaw look like the real deal in his second season, thanks for helping Smalling realize his potential as the leader of our defense (and providing us with a first choice CB for the next 7-8 years), thanks for giving Rashford his debut and thanks for the other youngsters who seem able to provide us good depth in the squad at the very least.

In a few hours we could also add the first trophy in the post Ferguson era, something that will mean a lot to the fans and the players.

Is it enough? No, it isn't and that's why there will be a huge relief when he finally goes and nobody will feel sorry for him. But, in the end, that's just football... you can either be a hero or a villain.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Its not the failure, it's the arrogant and constant passing of the Buck, it e injuries fault, it's the players, the board didn't buy the players I want, it's the fans fault, but never EVER his fault. That beavis looking bitch has made the football so dull I have to make myself sit and watch rather than enjoying it and looking forward to it, he has made football a chore, I know we won't always win, but this spineless gutless approach to the game is the antithesis of Manchester United, I don't care how he goes as long as he goes, and goes soon and I never hear his damn name again
Spot on.

Nickosaur

I don't hate the guy. I think ultimately he's been a failure and we've performed well below expectations. But some part of me still likes him. He's a character, which is always a good thing. I'd like him to have something to show (the FA Cup) for his time here, as there have been some positives.

LouisDanGaal

Nothing extreme, he will be remembered a little more fondly I feel, some of the players he has given debuts too have a chance of going on to become club legends or important players over the next few years, Shaw Rashford Martial and maybe even depay Fosu-mensah CBJ, if he leaves with with an FA cup as well its not too bad. He has never taken over a team in such a massive transition, nobody but Moyes has.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We win the FA cup and Woodward runs onto the field with a broom and kicks LVG out of the stadium.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I think people involved in the club often read on these sort of boards nowdays. I'm 100% the players are at some point looking in to check the temperature. Perhaps LVG even looked at it. Redcafe is not just some internet fly anymore. It's a relevant factor where fans make their voice heard. LVG is probably aware of how much hate there is towards him. That wrestling picture posted previously takes the price. What a bunch of idiots we've collected in here over the years.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Win the cup and enjoy his retirement.
I don't dislike the man and had high hopes when he joined. I'm also sure this is not what he expected when he came.
It hasn't worked and we have to move on.