Your preference for the next Manager?

Who is your choice to replace Ferguson as manager?

• Mourinho

Votes: 211 44.8%
  • Moyes

Votes: 59 12.5%
  • Klopp

Votes: 133 28.2%
  • Ole

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • Cantona

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Benitez

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Wenger

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Laudrup

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Pep

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Carlos Q

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Someone else

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That's key here, it's why this is the one place where it might work long term for him. It's basically his dream job and it might just be the job that settles him down a bit.
It's like being a player and banging hot chicks, eventually you meet the one and you settle and change your ways. Jose's a managerial pimp and United is marriage material, probably the only club he could ever feel settled at and be given full reign to implement his football philosophies and mould a club in his vision.. feel fully in control with no interference from anyone.

At every club he's been at he's been on edge, almost knowing bar success.. he'll be gone as none of the clubs he was at were reknowned for being patient.

This club is so unique from a managerial standpoint.. it is different to the other great clubs, key words 'stability' and 'patience' and the opportunity to exercise complete power.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If it was Mourinho, why we he have been ostentatiously flirting with a return to Chelsea saying there is "one club" who love him in particular as recently as after the Dortmund game, knowing he was gonna end up at United?
Dunno...why was Ferguson telling everyone he was looking forward to signing new players only a few days ago?

Anyway don't worry we're getting in Moyes, so Jose will be at Chelsea next season.

redspoony

It's like being a player and banging hot chicks, eventually you meet the one and you settle and change your ways. Jose's a managerial pimp and United is marriage material, probably the only club he could ever feel settled at and be given full reign to implement his football philosophies and mould a club in his vision.. feel fully in control with no interference from anyone.

At every club he's been at he's been on edge, almost knowing bar success.. he'll be gone as none of the clubs he was at were reknowned for being patient.

This club is so unique from a managerial standpoint.. it is different to the other great clubs, key words 'stability' and 'patience' and the opportunity to exercise complete power.
:lol::lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I always said I wanted Jose. But I'm not sure now it's happening. Does he have what it takes to manage a club with values? Would he want to be here for the long haul? Will he give youth a chance?

I'd want these questions answered to be happy.

kps88

Dunno...why was Ferguson telling everyone he was looking forward to signing new players only a few days ago?
Can't really take what he says to the press seriously. He was probably asked about transfers and gave as honest an answer as he could. He's still staying on at the club, so will have knowledge with regards to our transfer budget and potential targets.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
If Moyes resigns Im going to shit my pants.

Cevno

"The quality of the squad, the composition of that squad, means that any new manager coming in will inherit a great squad of players," Gill said in an interview with The Associated Press. "And yes he may, whenever that is ... clearly want to bring in one or two of his own people, new players.

"But he won't want to change the squad wholesale because he won't be our manager. We've got to be consistent with that and that's what we are planning on."

Comments from David Gill 2 weeks ago.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Hmm, I am now starting to wonder that our big signing could very well be a top draw manager.

kps88

Next 48 hours?! Klopp and Mourinho both have cup finals coming up against local rivals while Everton's season is practically over.

Nogbadthebad

Nobody can compare. Mourinho would give me short term confidence. I just don't know what he'd bring in the long run. He makes me nervous.
The timing suggests its maureen, if he went back to chelsea, he would never move directly to united if Fergie wanted out a couple of years down the line.

He wont bring anything long term, thats not his game, but for me thats OK.

The problem the next manager has is comparison to Fergie, maureen is the ego to cope with that, then when he inevitably moves on inside 5 years, its that replacement that gets to build another dynasty without the 'Fergie' pressure being so fresh.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Next 48 hours?! Klopp and Mourinho both have cup finals coming up against local rivals while Everton's season is practically over.
It's going to be him, isn't it?

Ludens the Red

Well put :lol:

redspoony

Anyway don't worry we're getting in Moyes, so Jose will be at Chelsea next season.
Health. That has to be it, it's what he always said would be the deciding factor.

SSN reporting that Moyes is in pole position.

wr8_utd

:'(
Sky sources: David Moyes is in "pole position" to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager #ssn

:nervous:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
SAF retiring did not make me cry but Moyes replacing him might just make me do that.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Oh for feck sake. fecking disaster waiting to happen. We'll be a laughing stock

Leg-End

Moyes would be underwhelming, he may have done a great job at Everton but he has won sweet feck all and I'm not sure how we can risk putting that kind of expectation on someone unproven in a top seat.

Mourinho has the bollocks to step into SAF's shoes and give us continued success from Day 1, he's won wherever he has been and the timing feels right. Of the options realistically out there he's the strongest.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Our success against Barca will depend on how accurate our players can be in aiming at Felliani's head. Shrewd