Your starting XI between now and the end of the season

lysglimt

Scout
Solskjaer will play 4-3-3

So :

DDG - Shaw, Smalling, Bailly, Dalot - Herrera, Pogba, Fred - Martial, Lukaku, Rashford for me

With Sanchez back from injury - I would like to see 4-4-2 with Fred out and Sanchez in

Fracture90

TBH I would give Chong and Greenwood opportunities until the end of the season at RW; could well save the club 50 million plus
Chong yeah, but dunno that much about Greenwood tbh, dunno if he's accustomed to playing RW.

ROFLUTION

Would be nice to see Herrera given a good run of games again. He was our player of the year once, remember?

ROFLUTION

DDG
Dalot Bailly Lindelof Shaw
Fred Herrera Pogba
Sanchez Rashford Martial​
Probably mine too, albeit I think Lindelof needs a more stable person next to him. But its all about trying to play these players into form. And about getting mobility and directness back in attack.

Basically this formation to also see who of this bunch should feck off in the summer transfer window. A bit tired of the Martial contract dragging out forever too.

Zlatattack

Probably mine too, albeit I think Lindelof needs a more stable person next to him. But its all about trying to play these players into form. And about getting mobility and directness back in attack.

Basically this formation to also see who of this bunch should feck off in the summer transfer window. A bit tired of the Martial contract dragging out forever too.
I think it's potentially our most fluid, ball playing 11. I'd also like to regularly rotate in Lukaku, Periera, Lingard, Mata and Smalling as I think they have a future at the club.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
------------DDG----------
Dalot---Baily--Smalling---Shaw
------------Herrera------------
------Pereira---Pogba-----
------------Mata-----------
------Sanchez---Martial---

I dont want to see Lukaku and Matic anywhere near the starting XI until they get their act together and even then they dont really fit Ole's style if he wants us to play similar to Molde. I know Sanchez has been dreadful for us, but if he gets to play in a system that suits him he might just find back that form i he had in Arsenal, and then we suddenly have one of the best attacking players in the league.

Herrera i feel never has gotten a fair chance under any of our managers, he is the most consistent MF player we have, and even when he has an off day, he puts in a shift. Dalot may be wrong, but if Ole wants attacking fullbacks Valencia is not the man

reddaz71

DeGea,Dalot,Shaw,Bailly,Smalling,Herrera,Pogba,Mata,Rashford, Martial,Greenwood.
Subs:
Chong,Lingard, Lukaku, Gomez,Lindelof,Young, Romero.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Bailly and Lindeloff as the CBs come what may. just give them a run together. it can't be worse than Smalling/Jones. Play dalot whenever he's fit. get mason greenwood on the bench and into the 1st XI set up

De Gea
Pereira
Fred Pogba
Sanchez Rashford Martial​
Exactly this. No Valencia, Young, Jones, Matic, Ander (who I love) and Fellaini.

All have proven to be shiiiit with multiple managers with the exception of Matic, who has been shiiiit all season anyway.

Andersons Dietician

I think Ole might turn to the old hats to pull him through so the likes of Valencia, Young, Matic and Mata will feature quite often however he’s basically got a blank cheque as no one really expects anything and most have settled for the idea that 4th is but a pipe dream so why not leave his mark.

DDG
Dalot-Smalling-Lindelof-Shaw
Matic
Herrera———-Fred
Pogba
Lukaku—Martial
Fred and Herrera would take massive pressure off of Matic so hopefully he can find some sort of form and not such a large coverage area hopefully helps. You’ve got Pogba as a free entity floating about, push Lindelof and Smalling up so it basically becomes a back 3 with Matic and have Shaw and Dalot hopefully run riot as hopefully Fred and Herrera can help cover them.

Loony BoB

DDG
Herrera-Fred-Pogba
Lingard-Rashford-Martial​

Mata, Matic, Lukaku, Young, Bailly, Fellaini, Sanchez all to get regular opportunities as subs and/or FA cup games, with the odd starting league game during fixture congestion such as we'll be experiencing over the holiday period. Fred is my least certain player of those listed above, and honestly I'd expect Rashford/Martial to mix up with Lukaku regularly, I could have just as easily left out one of them for Lukaku. The few games I've seen Rashford, Martial and Lingard play together up front for LVG near the end of his tenure will always be fond memories of mine, we played real attacking football ironically just before he got the sack, so they edged ahead of Lukaku for that reason. It's not like we should be playing the same front three every single game anyway, so rotation is important there. The only place rotation is less important is defence, where I think those four are as good as we'll get.

cyberman

No need to play three man midfield's against non top 5 sides.

Lukaku and Rashford up top. Martial and Sanchez out wide with Pogba partnered with a sitting midfielder behind them.

Loony BoB

While I like the idea of a 4-4-2 against some teams outside the top five, my team of a 4-3-3 is with the idea of a Herrera, Pogba and Fred being well organised (hey, it could happen) and getting forward when possible to make up the forward numbers. All three are capable of scoring goals as well as setting them up, as far as I'm aware (not TOO familiar with Fred). Definitely wouldn't mind a 4-4-2 that works, though, if we spend enough time working on getting it right and getting the right players too.

ROFLUTION

I think it's potentially our most fluid, ball playing 11. I'd also like to regularly rotate in Lukaku, Periera, Lingard, Mata and Smalling as I think they have a future at the club.
I basically think Smalling is the best defender we have too, but I'd like to see Bailly and Lindelof get judged after a lot of games in a row. We need to see out who's deadwood the next half year.

It also feels weird that Fred hasn't got any game-time, when he was bought to complement Pogba. Fellaini has done well, but we need to schedule for the future. I like Young too, but its time to make the new players take the step up. Lingard should compete with sanchez in that formation too.

We should take a step back and not look for points here and now, but to see who has the talent to be here.

Eggric

I remember Ole, during an interview about his dream XI, saying that United should always play 442.

Imagine this for a team:

De Gea
Chong-Fred-Pogba-Martial
Greenwood-Rashford

Doracle

I’d go with:

De Gea

Dalot/Young
Smalling
Bailly
Shaw

Herrera
Fred

Pogba

Sanchez/Mata
Rashford
Martial

I don’t want to see Fellaini again this season, unless it’s a completely meaningless match. Matic needs a rest but can then be back up to Herrera. Lukaku to be Rashford’s understudy unless he starts banging in goals off the bench.

Green_Red

It's hard to think of a lineup since we've rarely seen our players with the shackles off playing all out attack.

ManuMou

------------------------De Gea-----------------------
Dalot---------Bailley-----------Smalling-------Shaw
Sanchez------Herrara------Pogba---------Martial
--------------Lukaku---------Rashford--------------

#whatwouldSAFdo
This! I miss 4-4-2 goshhh

Negan

De Gea
Dalot Bailly Lindelöf Shaw
Herrera
Pogba Fred
Mata
Rashford Martial​

Canagel

De Gea
Dalot Baillie Smalling Shaw
Pereira
Fred Herrera
Pogba
Rashford Martial

Romero
Laird
Jones
Chong
Gomes
Lingard
Greenwood
This might be the best XI posted so far. Our two best outfield players are Pogba and Martial - those positions give them the freedom they need in final third.
In easier games you'd drop either Herrera/Periera and bring Mata in for a bit more penetration

Champagne Football

Going with a 4-4-2 since I think that this has been Ole's go to formation so far.

De Gea
Dalot - Bailly - Lindelof - Shaw
Lingard - Herrera - Pogba - Sanchez
Martial - Lukaku
Not sure Pogba can play in a midfield two unless Lingard was in there with them helping out with the dirty work.

NoLogo

Not sure Pogba can play in a midfield two unless Lingard was in there with them helping out with the dirty work.
That was the intent of putting in Lingard and Sanchez there, need wide players willing to put in the defensive shift needed but yeah the midfield with Pogba and Herrera is far from ideal, both don't really possess the tactical discipline to really make this work I feel. The truth is though we don't really have a great two-man comb in midfield.

Matic and Pogba? To immobile and slow.

Fred and Herrera? I feel they would be too similar.

Matic and Herrera/Fred? Might be a combo worth trying but Matic has pretty much been complete dogshit almost the entire season.

Pogba Kanté is something that I would favor I reckon, but we don't have Kanté, so it's obviously not an option.

Jacob

DDG

DALOT SMALLING LINDELÖF SHAW

VALENCIA HERRERA FRED MARTIAL

POGBA

LUKAKU​

peridigm

De Gea
Dalot Bailly Lindelöf Shaw
Herrera
Pogba Fred
Mata
Rashford Martial​
This with Pogba on left side. It will be interesting to see how Ole sees Martial. Winger or front man? I really want to see Sanchez back to his best too. Like most, I’m not a fan of Lukaku right now but feel he’s been hard done by Jose and suffered some breakdowns in friendships with other players. It’s amazing how toxic Jose has made the squad. If Ole can fix that, everything will fall in place.

Nikelesh Reddy

Against the lesser teams I would like to see us play a 4-2-3-1....Pogba and Matic/Herrera in a midfield 2,plus a front 4 of Lukaku/Rashford,Lingard,Mata and Martial.Against the better teams 4-3-3 with Lukaku,Lingard and Martial/Rashford As the front 3...

breakout67

Supports
Man City
De Gea

Dalot
Smalling
Lindelof
Shaw

Herrera
Fred
Pogba

Martial
Lukaku
Sanchez

Jezpeza

If we truly are forward thinking then surely no one who’s not getting a contract or will be sold or has been shit under multiple managers will play so:

DG

Lingard Fred Pogba

Rashford Lukaku Martial

Other players I’d consider:

Romero
Herrera
Smalling
Pereira
Chong
Greenwood
Mctominay

Would literally bin all of the rest, they’re rubbish, injury prone, past it or won’t fit the dynamic of attacking free flowing fast football

Rojo
Jones
Valencia
Young
Darmian
Mata
Matic
Fellini
Sanchez

ZlatMan

DDG
Dalot - Smalling - Bailly - Shaw

Pogba - Herrera - Fred

Martial - Rashford - Mata

Cloud7

Once everyone is fit again

Big Dave

Dalot-Smalling-Bailly-Shaw

Fred-Herrera/Perreira/Matic-Pogba

Rashford/Mata-Sanchez-Martial

Kazi

Ladies and gentlemen, Ole will be playing 4-4-feckin-2, cause SAF taught him everything he knows