g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Your yearly expectations under Ole?

Lentwood

Realistically winning a PL title within 5yrs would be a huge achievement

City have been building the foundations for what they are now doing for ten years. We’ve been all over the place, possibly one of the worst-ran teams in the league, if not THE worst!

We can’t spend in a vacuum anymore either like the SAF days, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and obviously City will also be spending £150m+ every year

AndyJ1985

Steady progression eventually leading to challenging for the title in two years.
I want to see clever signings and identifying and resolving of weaknesses in the team quickly. No more going years without fixing problem areas.
I expect him to identify players in our squad who are getting to the point where they are no longer good enough, and replacing them in good time BEFORE they are past it. He's not started very well with this though, seeing as he's already extended Young's contract.
Long term planning and good recruitment is vital if we're to change our fortunes. We've got it so so wrong in recent years.

Andrew~

Challenge for the title every year. Ole has shown that even this squad, managed probably over a season, could have been much higher up the table.

He’s had time to see where the team needs strengthening, so I’m expecting a strong summer, intense pre-season ready to go into 19/20 with a view to push City and Liverpool for the title.

Red00012

Sign players that want to play for Utd not money grabbing wkers

Challenge for title Next season

Finish above Liverpool next season

Cockney Phil

From the strategic position, I expect change in the club, as the next 3 years will involve responses to the changing positions of British football not only through Brexit but within the PFA, FA and FIFA. We won’t be the only club to face these issues. In this mix along the line I expect new owners, a new set of players and a new dynamic in our management team.

From the playing side, the team will become more aggressive, offensive and energetic - a different mindset. I expect to see a new skill set to begin to replace Young et al. The age average will be around 23-24. There will be no room for passengers or excuses. Irrespective of reaching top 4 this season I see a fair few changes in the summer.

Second to City next season, but a close second not like the Sacked One and perhaps a cup or two.

Second Ole full season - champions but very close if not, maybe goal diff.

Third Ole season - non-playing troubles - shareholder changes and maybe trading difficulties. If this happens sooner it might derail Ole’s plans.

Wallez

My only expectation is that the team develops every year until we are back as one of the absolute top teams in the world. I would rather want us to use 5 years of investing in young players and developing at a slow but steady rate than trying to make short-cuts to win the title next year. Slow and steady development will build the fundament of long-term success and bring Manchester United back to where we belong, and I am confident that Solskjær will lead us there if he gets proper backing from the board. Sure, we could compete for the title next year if we spent 400 mill on Koulibaly, Varane, Meunier, Kroos and Bale, but this would absolutely ruin the club long-term.

the chameleon

Build for the long-term. No Bale / Coutinho / Sanchez type signings. More Sancho / DeLigt type signings I.e. hungry players on the way up. Maximise the youth system resources. Occasional cogs in the machine type older signings like Meunear are fine.

We won’t get every position filled in every window. So will have to realistic on where we aim. It will take 2 /3 windows to get us challenging. So let’s not expect much straightaway.

This leads to on field expectations.

2019/20 - Guarantee top 4 + 1 or cup runs
2020/21 - Challenge for title + Champions League run
2021/22 - Challenge for title + Champions League

I don’t think you can ever guarantee a title in this era. Everyone other top 6 rival has enough resources to challenge as well.

Good football is a must!

Also, this is a manager who gets the club. Let’s give him a proper chance. I see the next 3 years as recovery period. We can’t expect to jump from competing for top 4 to elite European team straightaway.

I think 3 years is a realistic time period.

We will also learn about Ole’s strengths and limitations as coach. Does he address them? Does reach a limit to how far he can take us after 3 years?

Let’s enjoy the bumpy ride people!!

Because it will be bumpy with many highs and lows.

Last edited:

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Too early to call. We need to see if we bring in the right players to fix the positions which are very broken in our team. Proper right back, right winger, CB and someone to fill in for Matic when needed could see us competing for the title next season but if we start with Ashley Young at right back again, top 4 will be more likely.

If we stick with Ole and make the right signings, we can compete for the title in the next 2-3 seasons.

wolvored

We have to see where we are in August. Have we bought in the minimum amount of players to move us on. A CD like VVD who will transform the back. A RW/RM who can beat a man at speed , cross the ball, assist and score goals. A RB who can defend and help the attack like Shaw. A CM who is quick can support the defence and attack, has the incisive passes and scores as well. For me this is the minimum requirements for improvement. We dont know yet whether Pogba and De Gea might move on, and that would complicate things. Herrera moving on less so. Shipping out the deadwood Mata Rojo Darmian maybe even Matic and Bailley going as well. If we can build then we need to aim to be like Spurs and be in the top 4 all season as a minimum requirement. I would take anything else as a bonus. This then can be built on for the season after maybe runners up and by Ole's third season I would expect a proper title challenge. With promotion of the youth correctly, when needed and if good enough and bringing in the right players we could be miles better than that performance yesterday.