Youri Tielemans | signs for Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero

An average player on a free transfer is still an average player. People get too caught up in the whole 'who is out of contract this summer? i'd take him and him'.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Joins on a free to play alongside one of CAF's favourite transfer targets last year Kamara, who ended up doing the square root of nothing for Villa.

Irwin99

Good deal for them. Might say something about his level though that he's not quite good enough for a champions league team.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Surprised no one else snapped this one up. I always thought he was bound for Arsenal.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
oh dear he should sack his agent, he was assuring him the Spanish Giants were desperate for him, if not them every big 6 club in England would rip their left bollock off to sign him.

Instead he ends up at the level we would still be at if he's tried a lick for the last 2 seasons.

Shows you how bad he's been when they guy that scored the winner for us in our only FA cup final win leaves and most Leicester fans feeling is good riddance

Abraxas

Terrible work rate at times. Emery is a very good manager though, maybe he can keep him on the boil.

RuudTom83

Feels like he has been treading water for the past 2 seasons waiting for a move. Be interesting to see if he gets back in form at Villa next season.

KeanoMagicHat

Villa now look to have one of the better centre midfields in the league with Kamara, Luiz, McGinn and Tielemans to choose from.

KeanoMagicHat

He's been shit for two seasons. I'm amazed any PL club was interested.
He still had a better WhoScored average match rating than Eriksen for us this season, and better than anyone here other than Casemiro and Fernandes.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
He still had a better WhoScored average match rating than Eriksen for us this season, and better than anyone here other than Casemiro and Fernandes.
I'm glad we don't sign players based off WhoScored ratings then.

userman

I think thing this will be a great signing for Villa. They have a solid midfield now.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Joins on a free to play alongside one of CAF's favourite transfer targets last year Kamara, who ended up doing the square root of nothing for Villa.
Kamara's been brilliant for us, just had three separate injuries during the season that ruled him out for about 15 games in the end.

Him, Luiz and Tielemans is going to be very good for us in europe I suspect and we still have McGinn for the more hustle and bustle premier league.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I mean that's incredibly mediocre.

Depth, but in mediocrity.
It's as good as what Newcastle were putting out last season imo. McGinn and Luiz had fantastic last three months of the season.

Some bizarre link to Alex Oxlade Chamberlain aswell so that will add depth to the midfield injury room. :lol: :eek:

KeanoMagicHat

Kamara's been brilliant for us, just had three separate injuries during the season that ruled him out for about 15 games in the end.

Him, Luiz and Tielemans is going to be very good for us in europe I suspect and we still have McGinn for the more hustle and bustle premier league.
Don't worry, there is a weird agenda against Kamara here for some reason as some backlash because people said he would be a good free transfer last season (which he still would have been). Villa have gone from 14th to 7th this season but people won't give their players much credit.

Baxquux

I'd put that as one of the worst
It's pretty balanced- 'legs' in there to press and also ball carry with McGinn, Luiz and Kamara, plus 'crunchy' tackling ability, particularly from Luiz, then Tielemanns to take the ball off defence and spray long passes. Anyway, it'll be one of the harriers, Tielemans to play a cut-price Carrick role and Ramsey to do the (discount) Bellingham role as the highest 8. It's more energetic than our midfield, even if it lacks some of the guile, experience or Bruno's ability to find a final ball.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
A diamond with options of Luiz, Kamara, Tielemans, McGinn, Ramsey, Buendia and Coutinho ?

Not bad to be honest.

Ekeke

Villa finished 7th 1 point behind Brighton, he started 21 matches and hes 23 years old. What exactly were you expecting from a DM who has played at CB?

Gordon S

I thought he looked good pretty much every time i saw him play. You think he was shite?

Status
Not open for further replies.