Youri Tielemans | signs for Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
possibly - though i could envisage a situation where he decides to see out his contract and move on a free the summer after

Potentilly he could go to the world cup in Qatar as a 25 year old with almost 500 top flight appearances including 50 international caps and be a few good games at a world cup from being able to sign a huge pre contract deal somewhere like PSG

Can see pogba doing similar and to be honest id do the same in his position (why let Leicester get say 50 million quid when I can wait 5 months and get 25m myself instead)
Leicester would want the money though.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I really wouldn't put too much stock in anything that comes out of the Leicester Mercury

bosskeano

where did all this hype and press come from that has him linked with United? there was zero mention of him during the summer with United

Donut

He’s actually a tremendous player. Always seem to pick the right option but is quite forward with his passing. His shooting is also excellent.

Idxomer

He isn't as good as people think, better than Neves though.

Would be a good signing for around 30m.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
He isn't as good as people think, better than Neves though.

Would be a good signing for around 30m.
we paid £40m for him some of the valuation I see on here for players are laughable, Every prem club is loaded and prices reflect that

3vra

I just know that we played Lester 3 times last season and he was 2 times MOTM and 3rd time very close to that.

Perfect, hardworking modern nr 8 being able to play in double pivot as well as in 3 Man midfield.

Could play with Matic, Fred or McT and provide 10x as much as any of them in creative part of our play as well as not being much worse in defence.

If we are not going to buy someone to play with Pogba in double pivot, and having many players being able to provide from left wing i guess replacing Pogba with Tielemans would give us much more balance and make us better team.

Idxomer

we paid £40m for him some of the valuation I see on here for players are laughable, Every prem club is loaded and prices reflect that
The price reflects his contract length, he is young enough to just wait and leave Leicester for free in 2023.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Wouldn't Tielemans be in the same boat next year, 1 yr left, so 40m Euros sounds abt right no?
at the very least we'll get back what we paid, that by the way is assuming he doesn't sign a new contract, he's not a player I ever expected to stay long so losing him wouldn't bother me too much so long as we get good money

Idxomer

Real Madrid spent more then that on Cammavinga who had a year left
€31m plus add-ons are the highest I've seen reported.

Tielemans may cost just a little bit more because he plays for a rival but nothing that would make my valuation look laughable.

Suedesi

Quite a lot actually. For some reason, we aren't exactly shopping for bargains. Guess, it'd be Rice and it would be a very disappointing transfer if we end up with him by paying over the odds and ignoring the below ones.

Kessie, Brozovic in 2022
Kroos, Bissouma, Tielemans in 23.
We missed the boat on Kroos - picking him up in 2 years would be like BFS MK2.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
€31m plus add-ons are the highest I've seen reported.

Tielemans may cost just a little bit more because he plays for a rival but nothing that would make my valuation look laughable.
I heard Julien Laurens say £40m Monday but who knows

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We missed the boat on Kroos - picking him up in 2 years would be like BFS MK2.
Not really. Bastian was struggling with injuries when we signed him but Kroos is still good. You won't get a better DLP than him

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
one of Madrid's big issues is that his legs have gone
Ofcourse it depends on the setup. We have 2 work horses in the middle with no real quality on the ball. You need to pair him up with a warrior.

Pirlo was at a similar age when he moved to Milan. Scholes had a brilliant season for us at similar age. Modric was awesome for Madrid 3-4 years back. If there is no real Injury concern, it's a no brainer.

Acquire Me

Do don't watch Leicester much I take it
Well I take it you see a holding midfielder as a pure defensive midfielder. I see a holding midfielder as a midfielder that do protect the back line, but is the midfielder who holds the balance and the pace of the game, while doing great passes. Carrick for me is the perfect holding midfielder.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He is attacking minded with his passing (makes progressive passes very quick after winning it back), but ability wise he is a bit overrated. Probably not better than Ward-Prowse.

That being said, if we could get a player like him, PL-proven, 25 years old, for a «fair fee», we should consider it.

It is also a bit weird to see how highly rated both Ndidi and Tielesman are in here. Rice is really not rated at all by quite a few, but Tielesman/Ndidi really struggled against Rice and Soucek (even before the sending off).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He is attacking minded with his passing (makes progressive passes very quick after winning it back), but ability wise he is a bit overrated. Probably not better than Ward-Prowse.

That being said, if we could get a player like him, PL-proven, 25 years old, for a «fair fee», we should consider it.

It is also a bit weird to see how highly rated both Ndidi and Tielesman are in here. Rice is really not rated at all by quite a few, but Tielesman/Ndidi really struggled against Rice and Soucek (even before the sending off).
I agree and would take Rice over both. And the reason I say that is because i've never been a fan of Tielemans and I think we should give young Hannibal the chance to develop into the player he's threatening to become instead. Which is probably a unpopular opinion among many fans who want to look for external solutions via spending multi millions £££..

If we signed Rice I wouldn't expect him to be someone who would control the game for us via his passing. But what he will provide is a potentially excellent defensive foundation, along with Varane and Maguire which would greatly help in us comitting more players forward and play with more risk if we were to successfully implement a high line, high tempo play-style. And he can recycle the ball really well with both feet which imo is impressive. The price is gonna be prohibitive but I do think he's gonna either end up at United or Chelsea, with Tchouameni possibly as the alternative.

I could of course be wrong, but I think signing Rice/Tchouameni and developing Hannibal as the playmaking #6/8 could potentially be the way to go imo. Declan Rice seems to split opinion but imo he has attributes that would really help a playmaker(s) next to him. So if I was to use a hypothetical scenario and put Declan Rice in a midfield with Hannibal and Jimmy Garner, I would expect Hannibal and Garner to help progress the play from deeper areas. The more expansive passers would be Hannibal and Garner IMO and it would be them who we look to enhance our build up phase from deep areas.

EtH

I agree and would take Rice over both. And the reason I say that is because i've never been a fan of Tielemans and I think we should give young Hannibal the chance to develop into the player he's threatening to become instead. Which is probably a unpopular opinion among many fans who want to look for external solutions via spending multi millions £££..

If we signed Rice I wouldn't expect him to be someone who would control the game for us via his passing. But what he will provide is a potentially excellent defensive foundation, along with Varane and Maguire which would greatly help in us comitting more players forward and play with more risk if we were to successfully implement a high line, high tempo play-style. And he can recycle the ball really well with both feet which imo is impressive. The price is gonna be prohibitive but I do think he's gonna either end up at United or Chelsea, with Tchouameni possibly as the alternative.

I could of course be wrong, but I think signing Rice/Tchouameni and developing Hannibal as the playmaking #6/8 could potentially be the way to go imo. Declan Rice seems to split opinion but imo he has attributes that would really help a playmaker(s) next to him. So if I was to use a hypothetical scenario and put Declan Rice in a midfield with Hannibal and Jimmy Garner, I would expect Hannibal and Garner to help progress the play from deeper areas. The more expansive passers would be Hannibal and Garner IMO and it would be them who we look to enhance our build up phase from deep areas.
I really rate Tielemans and think he will be a top player in the coming years. But I agree that Rice is much more of a necessity. That said, I think they would make a brilliant CM pairing. Unlikely we would sign both but would be the dream for me if Pogba goes. We are severely short in midfield even with Pogba in the team as it is. So I hope we are alert to Tielemans’ contract situation either way.

And as exciting a prospect as Hannibal is, it seems risky to count so much on his progress at such a young age. Especially in central midfield which is a position players tend to take time to mature in. If Hannibal is as special as we hope he is, he benches Tielemans in a season or two or we accommodate the two of them somehow.

But the long and short of it for me is that we shouldn’t ignore such a talented CM player in Tielemans at a good price and a good age for any reason as we are in serious need of quality options in midfield.

amolbhatia50k

Always thought he was overrated. Just wondering if he's gone up a few levels given the fawning over him over the past 6 months.

With Rice the problem is that is so expensive that we wouldn't sign another CM and hence will end up playing rice plus Fred/Mctominay/Pogba.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s really good. For me he’s standing out like someone like Neves (very different players though) but he could taper off if he doesn’t move up pretty soon. He could end up being anything if he goes to one of the biggest clubs. No offence to Leicester. They are a great club and I reckon they are doing things right. Nice and steady.

amolbhatia50k

He’s really good. For me he’s standing out like someone like Neves (very different players though) but he could taper off if he doesn’t move up pretty soon. He could end up being anything if he goes to one of the biggest clubs. No offence to Leicester. They are a great club and I reckon they are doing things right. Nice and steady.
Do you really Neves stands out when you watch Wolves? Just seems like another player for them

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Always thought he was overrated. Just wondering if he's gone up a few levels given the fawning over him over the past 6 months.

With Rice the problem is that is so expensive that we wouldn't sign another CM and hence will end up playing rice plus Fred/Mctominay/Pogba.
If we sign Rice, we're gonna have to overpay imo. And if that happens I can't see us signing another midfielder to play next to him when there could be at least one other hole to fill in the team. Hannibal will be 19 by then and i'm gonna assume the coaching staff will have a better idea on his short/longterm prospects.

I don't know if Hannibal is gonna successfully transition his undoubted potential to the first team. But when I see midfielders play in our midfield who are better off the ball than they're on the ball, then I would like to see players with Hannibal's profile given a opportunity. Football is entertainment and watching a midfielder who exudes class via pulling the strings, breaking the lines and being the metronome in the build up phase is something I want to see again, soon.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Do you really Neves stands out when you watch Wolves? Just seems like another player for them
That's what I mean about Neves. I think he was in really solid form a few years ago and if he moved then who knows where he’d be now but he tapered off. Not a bad player but you feel like he’s been going through the motions for the last season or two

kthanksbye

Clearly a very talented player, would go all in for him if Pogba is leaving, if not, else we should focus on filling the spot behind the position he operates in.

Status
Not open for further replies.