Youri Tielemans | signs for Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam

The comparisons to Gerrard are pretty crazy; even coming from someone who largely dislikes him and found his abilities a tad over rated - Tielemans still isn’t close.

Tielemans is a very good player, who I’d honestly like at United. But Gerrard was a top player - you could put him anywhere in a Liverpool team and he’ll deliver. While there is truth in Gerrard playing better further forward than when he was a slightly more disciplined CM that doesn’t take away what he offered in that position.

Another difference between them is Tielemans is thoroughly a team player that contributes heavily, Gerrard borderline carried Liverpool at times.

Lassitude42

This is a player who can control the midfield and dictate the tempo, something we desperately need

The White Pele

We should have sold Pogba in the summer and gone big for him. The balance would be much better

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Scored another screamer today. Seems to be getting back to his best after a slow start to the season.

LuckyScout78

I have suggested many times. If not drop Bruno down as nr.8. Then United need external solutions by buying this kind of player. A world class nr.8.

Tielemans, Scholes, Modric, Kimmich or Christian Eriksen.

The mind and brain of the team. The creative and offensive one. Reasons why?Simply to deliver consistent top service to the attacking. Dictate, control and push up the tempo, guts and drive. And last of all.Bing the defend and attack together. The link between defend and attack. Both helping the attack and defend.
And if the are super good and hard to take ball from. Like Modric on the peak. It will take longer tines to opponents teams to create chances. That were the reasons of The golden era of Barca and Spain. They were so hard to take the ball from. And logically and naturally it will help the defend too.

There are some name and players you can go after. But it’s theirs mindset, brain, skill and abilities you are looking after.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Why don't we go out in the world to find 'the next best' for recruitment, I'm fed up with Leicester and Tottenham nicking the decent players we need.

Even Spurs Holjberg would have been an excellent combatant player for our Cmid, he could have sat back and cleaned up the through balls allowing others in front of him to do the goal scoring job

Bwuk

I really like him. I think he’d start for pretty much every side in football.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Been saying this. He is one of the best midfielders in epl. With one year remaining, we can easily get him for 35-40m which would be a steal .
Leicester paid close to 40 for him, they ain't selling him for 35 even with one year left. He is not flash and not everyone appreciates what he brings to the table but he dictates the game for Leicester.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Leicester paid close to 40 for him, they ain't selling him for 35 even with one year left. He is not flash and not everyone appreciates what he brings to the table but he dictates the game for Leicester.
They aren't getting anything more than that either. He basically can sign for free in another 6 months (from summer).

GledTheRed

Why don't we go out in the world to find 'the next best' for recruitment, I'm fed up with Leicester and Tottenham nicking the decent players we need.

Even Spurs Holjberg would have been an excellent combatant player for our Cmid, he could have sat back and cleaned up the through balls allowing others in front of him to do the goal scoring job
Everyone was aware of YT, he had a decent loan period at LCFC after underwhelming at Monaco.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Everyone was aware of YT, he had a decent loan period at LCFC after underwhelming at Monaco.
Agreed !!
He didn't seem to fit in at Monaco & then had a good loan period at Leicester but there wasn't a big lineup for his services even then. He is a deceptive type of player who does everything well but doesn't really stand out unless you are paying attention. I personally wouldn't trade him straight up for Pogba !!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Agreed !!
He didn't seem to fit in at Monaco & then had a good loan period at Leicester but there wasn't a big lineup for his services even then. He is a deceptive type of player who does everything well but doesn't really stand out unless you are paying attention. I personally wouldn't trade him straight up for Pogba !!
Well said. He is exactly the type of player we need. Reliable, hard working and by the sound of it, low maintenance.
We don't need prima donnas. We need players who deliver 7 or 8 out of 10 performances week in week out.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Tielemans and Rice should be our starting midfield.

Kostov

Agreed !!
On a free it’s no brainer. Instant update on our options.

mav_9me

If we ever get Tielemans you'll immediately see the impact of a player who can do vertical passes between the lines. A player like that will be a huge difference maker. Add to that Tchouameni and someone who can coach attacking football.....a fan can dream

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
On a free it’s no brainer. Instant update on our options.
I would be surprised if Leicester allow Tielemans to run his contract down ! If he doesn't sign another contract I expect him to be sold this Summer. I'm not sure what his value would be with one year left on his contract but Leicester won't give him away.

NoPace

I would be surprised if Leicester allow Tielemans to run his contract down ! If he doesn't sign another contract I expect him to be sold this Summer. I'm not sure what his value would be with one year left on his contract but Leicester won't give him away.
It's a very difficult type of player to replace, but yeah, they need a RW too quite badly so have to think they'll take the 50M for Tielemans this summer and look to buy an 8 and a RW with the money.

Dolf

We should be all over him this summer. Surprised to see so few people talking about him

Matt851

Absolutely but if I am in his position no way do I go to United over all the other clubs he could choose from

Andrew7582

Absolutely but if I am in his position no way do I go to United over all the other clubs he could choose from
This. He will have better options in the summer, why would he want to walk into this mess?

Acquire Me

He would come in a heartbeat. We just don’t do good business at the moment, so I can’t see us doing this move. Just wait, others will get him before we even start to think about it.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
No way he goes to United and get paid like nowhere else and walk into the first team because of the lack of quality and play champions league (still quite comfortable situation, judging the other teams slipping every round..)

We would be also one of the few clubs who could pay that money for him at the moment...

Can't believe people question how big our club even during the harsh times is, it's not like he's Kroos or Fabregas. It's still a massive step for him.. so unless City or Liverpool come for him, we have the edge over anyone else..

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
not interested apparently, they want Bellingham

United should be breaking every door down to sign Jude. Bellingham. Jobe his 16 year old brother is playing for us in the league now. We also have another 17 year old called Jordon James who’s a starter who plays 90 mins now and is our best midfielder so far this season.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Arsenal?
Spurs?
West Ham as replacement for Rice?
Liverpool to replace Milner, they also still need a Wijnaldum replacement.

But I hope it’s United.
West Ham? He’d stay here if that was his choice, Arsenal and Spurs can't guarantee CL football and that’s what he wants

Last edited:

Matt851

not interested apparently, they want Bellingham
Can't see that happening this summer. Would imagine dortmund will want to hang on to him given haaland will go and liverpool probably wouldn't pay what they want anyway. Therefore tielemans is a more realistic option

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Arsenal?
Spurs?
West Ham as replacement for Rice?
Liverpool to replace Milner, they also still need a Wijnaldum replacement.

But I hope it’s United.
Arsenal and Spurs are not exactly an improvement from Leicester to be honest. Think he will jump at the chance of signing for us. Else he will move to Spain or Italy for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.