Youri Tielemans | signs for Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt851

Arsenal and Spurs are not exactly an improvement from Leicester to be honest. Think he will jump at the chance of signing for us. Else he will move to Spain or Italy for free.
I expect him to end up at Liverpool or Chelsea. Can never rule out city either given guardiola is such a midfield pervert

Dong Fangzhuo

West Ham? He’d stay here if that was his choice, Arsenal and Spurs can guarantee CL football and that’s what he wants
They can? One of them will get top 4 this season but they're hardly guaranteed CL regulars going forward.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
a very good player and Arsenal needs a player to compete with Xhaka, but not sure if we can do a deal. We are short in number in midfield now.

mu4c_20le

If only we hijacked him for 40m that summer and told leicester to stuff it

Ogaranya

He is average, enough of stucking this club with a lot of them.

Lyon Aouar will be a far more upgraded signing than him.

Gandalf

Leicester are going through a bad spell and Youri has been one of their poorest performers of late. I get that he has great skill but his team is struggling with injuries and he is one of their star players and he is showing no stomach for the fight at all. Without wanting to sound like a pashun merchant we already have a number of talented players who are not willing to dig in when the going is tough and so I would be very wary of adding another one.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Youri is in for a shock when he leaves, he's not consistent enough for a bigger club

CM

Feel like he's a good player without being a great one. It's one thing being capable of producing moments but I'm not sure he has the discipline in his game to be a complete midfielder.

Leicester's defence has been terrible this season but the lack of protection from Tielemans in front has certainly contributed to that.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Feel like he's a good player without being a great one. It's one thing being capable of producing moments but I'm not sure he has the discipline in his game to be a complete midfielder.

Leicester's defence has been terrible this season but the lack of protection from Tielemans in front has certainly contributed to that.
He’s not there to protect that’s Wilf/Soumare job in our system

Deery

Dreary
Where I agree Tielemans hasn’t been very good lately, can we really afford to pass at such a low price they would ask?

One year left on his contract is it and we need a couple of midfielders, it’s a gamble I suppose but maybe one that wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg.

lenny_1248

Not good enough, inconsistent. Always thought he was overrated. Pass.

tomaldinho1

Top player, anyone citing him as inconsistent is weird when he's playing for Leicester. Name a Leicester player who is consistent...like saying Liverpool shouldn't have signed VVD from Soton because he had some shocking games there.

Wilt

No thanks.

Leicester have already shafted us for £80m ….once bitten twice shy

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Never liked him. Great technique though. I suppose he could be worth a gamble if he's cheap.

NoPace

Without wanting to sound like a pashun merchant we already have a number of talented players who are not willing to dig in when the going is tough and so I would be very wary of adding another one.
But we don't have anyone who one could even dream of being a quality #8 between a DM and Bruno, and Tielemans is 24 and has overall done quite well, largely in that role.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The Glazers wont buy any midfielders in the summer especially if they give Pogba a huge contract.
Garner and Galbraith coming back.
Hannibal promoted.

They may buy a striker because most likely Ronaldo will be gone along with Cavani and of course Greenwood who is done.

izec

The Glazers wont buy any midfielders in the summer especially if they give Pogba a huge contract.
Garner and Galbraith coming back.
Hannibal promoted.

They may buy a striker because most likely Ronaldo will be gone along with Cavani and of course Greenwood who is done.
Pogba's as good as gone mate.

Gandalf

But we don't have anyone who one could even dream of being a quality #8 between a DM and Bruno, and Tielemans is 24 and has overall done quite well, largely in that role.
I get where you are coming from but whilst he is better than what we have he is not good enough for us to catch the likes of City which has to be the objective, I think we can and should aim higher. The fact that a fairly large section of his current clubs fanbase are keen to move him along with his manager effectively calling him out is also a bit of a red flag.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I get where you are coming from but whilst he is better than what we have he is not good enough for us to catch the likes of City which has to be the objective, I think we can and should aim higher.
If i remember correctly the same had been said for Mane when LVG is interested in his service back then.

Gandalf

If i remember correctly the same had been said for Mane when LVG is interested in his service back then.
In that case sure Mane proved the doubters wrong but there are plenty of examples of players proving to not be good enough, Schneiderlin from the same team springs to mind. In this case Youri is not a kid, he is an established international with a ton of first team experience and in my opinion he would struggle to make the bench at City so I would prefer we look elsewhere.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
In that case sure Mane proved the doubters wrong but there are plenty of examples of players proving to not be good enough, Schneiderlin from the same team springs to mind. In this case Youri is not a kid, he is an established international with a ton of first team experience and in my opinion he would struggle to make the bench at City so I would prefer we look elsewhere.
I don't mind him at arsenal as we are not trying to catch city or liverpool next season. We just hope to get the 4th spot. Xhaka needs competition.

Oranges038

Reminds me of a yound Denny Landzaat, technically sound and can ping the odd one from range. But, the more I watch him, i think he just seems to be lacking in certain areas.

Might be alright to take on a free, he might turn out to be good or he might not. It couldn't be any worse than the 50m spent on Fred.

Tarrou

people are very picky about midfielders these days considering the absolute state of our midfield

I'll take anyone

CM

He’s not there to protect that’s Wilf/Soumare job in our system
He's not the defensive midfielder but that shouldn't absolve him of defensive responsibility. When I've watched Tielemans he does very little in that respect.

Pogba has received a lot of criticism for those reasons so it wouldn't make much sense for us to replace him with an inferior player who has similar flaws.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I only want him here if we can get him on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.