Youth Reports 05/06 & 06/07 & 07/08 seasons

RedPhil1957

Epic said:
what is Heath still doing at United? :eek: He's like way too old to be playing reserve football, will never ever make it at United

I believe United are allowing him to play to help him get a club during the transfer window.

Stevie b

Some of you may remember my son, Chris Backhouse who was the keeper with the U16's last year. Just to let you know, he was released by Man Utd to make way for Ron Robert Zieler. He has been given a two year apprenticeship with Sunderland. He enjoyed his three years with Man Utd and the experience changed him from a Man Utd hater (coming from Leeds) to a supporter of them (again after Leeds).

He looks forward to meeting his ex team mates in the future on the pitch and will never forget his experience as a Man Utd player

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
the best of luck to him, steve. sunderland is a good place to be for young players

RedPhil1957

Stevie b said:
Some of you may remember my son, Chris Backhouse who was the keeper with the U16's last year. Just to let you know, he was released by Man Utd to make way for Ron Robert Zieler. He has been given a two year apprenticeship with Sunderland. He enjoyed his three years with Man Utd and the experience changed him from a Man Utd hater (coming from Leeds) to a supporter of them (again after Leeds).

He looks forward to meeting his ex team mates in the future on the pitch and will never forget his experience as a Man Utd player

we wish him well Steve

oskarutd

Stevie b said:

Good luck to him!
Who knows, he might return one day!

ManRyan

Stevie b said:

Good luck to your son, Stevie ! Remember that, yes.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Good luck to him in his career Stevie
I would say that being at United has probably been an experience he'll never forget. Its not many kids that can say theyve played for Manchester United. He should be proud.

HKRed

Anyone know how Tommy Lee is doing? I know he had a bad injury last season but haven't heard much of him lately. I used to play football with his Dad who was also a decent keeper, so would be nice to see him do well.

Epic

Swindon manager Andy King is hoping to add young Manchester United pair Tom Heaton and Colin Heath to his squad on loan.

Striker Heath, 21, scored a brace for United's reserves in Monday's match against Bolton while goalkeeper Heaton, 19, kept a clean sheet in a 3-0 win.

Both players trained with the League One side on Wednesday but any deal will be put on hold until Thursday morning, when King expects to speak to United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

It is unlikely that Ferguson will try and block any deal and after agreeing to loan David Bellion to West Ham he spoke of the importance of boosting young players' match experience.

The Scot told ManUtd.com: "It is a similar case to other young players like Kieran Richardson and David Jones; David Bellion is only 22 and needs match experience.

"This year-long loan to West Ham, where he will be playing Premiership football, will be beneficial to him.

"I am sure he will come back a better player for Manchester United."

Heaton and Heath were both regulars in United's Premiership Reserve League North winning side of last season, with the duo making 18 appearances apiece

oskarutd

HKRed said:
Anyone know how Tommy Lee is doing? I know he had a bad injury last season but haven't heard much of him lately. I used to play football with his Dad who was also a decent keeper, so would be nice to see him do well.
He has been alot on the bench for the reserves this preseason. With Heaton going on a loan, if Swindon can afford him, there is a change for Lee to get games.

oskarutd

Plechazunga said:
Sure...but we could still sell him

He's a decent player, but isn't going to make it. Why hold him back?
I guess we would sell him if we got an offer.

oskarutd

Our former player against us tonight

Derby day

22/08/2005 12:35

Steve Wigley's reserve side are in Senior Cup action tonight with Manchester United the visitors to SportCity.

The Regional Athletics Arena hosts the derby clash which kicks off at 7.30pm as City look to defend the trophy they won by beating United 3-2 last season.

With a draw and a win providing a solid start to the season, Wigley brings in recent signing Yasser Hussein to the starting line-up, while the impressive Stephen Ireland starts again after his match winning performance against Middlesbrough last week.

As tonight's game is a cup game - there is no free entry to supporters - and tickets are priced at £3 for adults and £1 for concessions. Tickets will be available from the Ticket Store ahead of kick off.

The team for tonight is:

1. Kasper Schmeichel
2. Danny Warrender
3. Paul Collins
4. Jonathan D'Laryea
5. Micah Richards
6. Nathan D'Laryea
7. Lee Croft
8. Ian Bennett
9. Ishmael Miller
10. Stephen Ireland
11. Yasser Hussein

Subs:
12. Kelvin Etuhu
13. Laurence Matthewson
14. Michael Johnson
15. Marc Laird
16. Kyle Wallwork

_____
How I wished that our official site would get that strange idea to serve us, though only like most other sites. Then we would use that more.

RedPhil1957

oskarutd said:
Does anyone have info on tonights game? Squad and such?

Steele, Bardsley, Eckersley, J Evans, R Jones, S Evans (Simpson, 85), Miller (Gibson, 76), Campbell, Rossi (Cooper, 59), Martin.

0-0 after extra time United win 5-4 on penalties

oskarutd

RedPhil1957 said:
Steele, Bardsley, Eckersley, J Evans, R Jones, S Evans (Simpson, 85), Miller (Gibson, 76), Campbell, Rossi (Cooper, 59), Martin.

0-0 after extra time United win 5-4 on penalties
Thanks, but only 10 starting?

oskarutd

PENALTIES:

1-0 Kenny Cooper scores

1-1 Yasser Hussein scores

2-1 Phil Bardsley scores

2-2 Paul Collins scores

3-2 Gerard Pique scores

3-2 Kelvin Etuhu misses

4-2 Darron Gibson scores

4-3 Marc Laird scores

5-3 Ritchie Jones scores

United win on penalties

Shawcrosss and Lee unused subs.
Martin and Campbell booked.
Found this on mcfc website.

Fitzjames

United Academy beat MK Dons on Saturday (2-0) but as yet no report on Official Website.
Anybody know the Line Up and Scorers please?
BTW I noticed from Liverpool website last night that Ramon Calliste was getting a trial and having a run out in their Reserves.

bayaoas

Fitzjames said:
United Academy beat MK Dons on Saturday (2-0) but as yet no report on Official Website.
Anybody know the Line Up and Scorers please?
BTW I noticed from Liverpool website last night that Ramon Calliste was getting a trial and having a run out in their Reserves.

United won 2-0 Sean Evans scored both.

Team:
Zieler
Eckersley
Cathcart
Shawcross
J.Evans
Rose
Lee
Mullan
S.Evans
Hewson
Marsh

Subs:
Gibson
Derbyshire

Elessar

correct me if I am am wrong but isnt derbyshire supposed to be very promising?

oskarutd

bayaoas said:

Team:
Zieler
Eckersley
Cathcart
Shawcross
J.Evans
Rose
Lee
Mullan
S.Evans
Hewson
Marsh

Subs:
Gibson
Derbyshire
Subs: Chester as well.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
bayaoas said:

Team:
Zieler
Eckersley
Cathcart
Shawcross
J.Evans
Rose
Lee
Mullan
S.Evans
Hewson
Marsh

Subs:
Gibson
Derbyshire

zieler, derbyshire, cathcart and chester all made their debuts. they're all 16. so oscar - are they any good?

oskarutd

Elliott said:
zieler, derbyshire, cathcart and chester all made their debuts. they're all 16. so oscar - are they any good?
zieler wasn´t really tested, did well, derbyshire is a schoolboy and international so he is promising. Cathcart is big and chester wasn´t long on. To early to say to much about them.

bayaoas

United's Under 18's beat Tottenham Hotspurs 2-1 away.

Campbell and Gibson (pen) scored the goals in the second half.

Not sure about the exact team line-up but Brandy started up front with Campbell. And throughout most of the match caused havoc to Tottenham's defence.

redanton

any more news on Blake? Wasn't he on the bench a few weeks ago? manutd.com has to be the most useless website in the league for player news.

redanton

oskarutd said:
I guess we would sell him if we got an offer.
Exactly, its not like clubs have been banging SAF's door down. No point letting him go for free before his contract runs out as he's been at Man Utd for years and he'll be a decent lower league player. Man Utd deserve a return on that investment.

There is no point in investing in a youth system if you are training up players and letting all of them go to other clubs for free. Where you can make money you should.

Surprised about Liverpool snapping up Calliste. Sometimes being released gives players a right kick up the bum. Look at Platt, Barton, Robbo, Wright-Phillips.

Red17

redanton said:
any more news on Blake? Wasn't he on the bench a few weeks ago? manutd.com has to be the most useless website in the league for player news.
Just in moments ago......

Blake Return Edges Closer

Highly-rated Reserves striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake is well on his way to recovering from the broken leg he sustained in February, according to boss Ricky Sbragia.

Although the 19-year-old made a pre-season appearance against Connah's Quay, he subsequently suffered a knock in training which hindered his recovery.

Ricky said: "Sylvan's coming on well. He's training for me all week now, so he's back. I think this weather will be better for him - the ground's a little bit softer."

Sbragia is eyeing next week's friendly against Curzon Ashton as Blake's first start for his side since last February's ill-fated win over Middlesbrough.

"Maybe in the next week or so he'll be a sub," said Ricky. "Then soon we'll start him in one of the games, maybe against Curzon Ashton just to give him a taste of action. After that we'll see how he goes, what reaction we get and go off what the physios say to us."

Ricky also revealed that Blake could be the 11th youngster to be farmed out on loan once he has made a full recovery.

He said: "There's obviously been enquiries about Sylvan - perhaps at the back end of the next transfer window we'll do something with him."

Report by Steve Bartram.

Source: http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=232301&itype=466&icategoryid=120

redanton

Tonight's squad to face Sunderland at Ewen Fields. Ricky has selected the following team: Howard, Simpson, Bardsley, J Evans, Pique, R Jones, Campbell, Gibson, Cooper, Rossi, Martin. Substitutes: S Evans, T Lee, Mullan, K Lee, Neumayr.

Attacking look to it!

RedPhil1957

United 1-2 sunderland -- Rossi the scorer

The Sunderland side were more experienced (2 new signings and 4 more first team squad players)and much physically stronger and during the first half they dominated , we just did not play our game often hitting long balls to Cooper and Rossi and were probably lucky to be only a goal down .......... played better 2nd half started to pass the ball around and were just having our best spell when a sunderland break made it 2-0. We kept trying to play our football and the best move of the match with martin and cambell giving Rossi the chance which he took very well. The rest of the game we were the better team without making another clear chance. Cooper was the most disapointing player (we played so much better with Cambell moving up frount and Shaun Evans coming on wide left)........everybody else got better as the game went on and they realised that they could out pass them. Johnny Evans at CB, in only his 2nd reserve team game, did particularly well against a rough big experinced opponent

oskarutd

U-18s drew

Nottingham Forest Under 18s side twice came from behind to force a 2-2 draw against Manchester United at Wilford Lane over the weekend.

Felix Bastians hauled Forest level on the hour mark in the F.A. Premier Academy League contest after United had taken the lead on the stroke of half-time.

But United wasted little time in restoring their lead - less than 60 seconds, in fact - before Adam Newbold levelled matters again with a 70th minute shot that took a wicked deflection.

Forest's Academy Director Nick Marshall told us: "It was an excellent game and a great example of Academy football at its best.

"Manchester United had quality throughout the team but we were pleased with the way we performed, especially in the last 20 minutes when we came back at them."

There was even better news for Forest's Under 16 side who beat United 1-0, courtesy of a Reece Staples goal.

Forest: Gamble, Handbury, Heath, Power, Fernandez, Sharpe, Fairclough, Thornhill, Newbold, Pittman, Bastians. Subs: Moloney, Roberts, Smith, Cullingworth.
Scorers: Bastians 60mins, Newbold 70mins.

Manchester Utd: Zieler, Cathcart, Rose, Chester, Shawcross, Evans C., Lee, Hewson, Bryen, Mullan, Evans S.
Subs: Moran, Crockett, Campbell, Gibson, Evans J.

Source:here

oskarutd

the u-16

Does anyone have info on who are in the u-16 squad and how they have been doing (I know the lost against Forest)?

Amir

Reserves beat Leeds United 2:0, Rossi (penalty) and Jonathan Evans the scorers. Danny Pugh played for Leeds.