YouTube United channels

b82REZ

Given that you're a big fan of Goldbridge, I'm not surprised you hate Stretford Paddock. I feel they're like the opposite ends in terms of fan channels.
Paddock's issue is Howson. He's on the other end of the extreme scale and is incredibly sanctimonious to boot.

I've seen people on here saying he has less appearances on there recently so I might give them a go. He has almost made me turn Vibe with Five off a few times.

Strootman's Finger

Brent Di Cesare (Goldridge) really can't stand him either or his Partridge routine. Ex copper from Nottingham making a fortune from united and found his way onto Talksport now, he like shit in a field.
Maybe he's just good at what he does. Would he get on a national radio show if he wasn't. Sounds like someone's jealous, so much so they started a new account a fan forum to complain about someone being successful on Youtube against their wishes.

Amarsdd

Paddock's issue is Howson. He's on the other end of the extreme scale and is incredibly sanctimonious to boot.

I've seen people on here saying he has less appearances on there recently so I might give them a go. He has almost made me turn Vibe with Five off a few times.
Yeah, you rarely see him on their videos these days.

Strootman's Finger

For all the shit Goldbridge gets, The United Stand is literally doing interviews with players and journalists now. The way he's grown that channel is incredible.
He's good, he's knowledgeable, he's funny, he gets insider information, he has Paul Ince on regularly, he has Romano on regularly, as you said now he's getting interviews with players and tier 1 journalists. All the people complaining probably never watch him, or maybe they did years ago, but he's evolved and he's doing a good job. All the people going on about, he's a prat and everyone that listens to him is the problem, no, look in the mirror, the Top Red rules we've been force to follow to be proper fans are a much larger problem, and luckily he's breaking that mold.

He has 1.4 million subscribers and has impressive views numbers for most of his shows, especially the watch alongs. He can't be that bad with the obvious success he's had.

Strootman's Finger

Sure she has nothing to make her a football journalist. Same level as Adam a fan from Youtube.

Career

Whilst studying at university, Reddy did an internship at Summit TV, a business channel in South Africa. After moving to Cape Town and joining TEAMtalk Media in 2007 and working across many sports, Reddy was Head of Football by 2011, before becoming Deputy Editor of KICK OFF Magazine which is Africa's largest sport publication.[3] On both occasions, she was the first female to hold such a post and was also the first to feature as a football analyst on SuperSport’s marquee shows Backpages and Monday Night Football.

Reddy became the Liverpool Correspondent of Goal's 38 editions worldwide in November 2015.[5] Reddy was then football correspondent at ESPN,[6] wrote for The Athletic,[7] and became the senior football correspondent at JOE,[8] before joining The Independent as Senior football correspondent in November 2019.[9]

Reddy's television appearances include Sky Sports News 'Tackling Racism’,[10] Sunday Supplement[11] and Red Men TV[12] and the BBC’s Premier League Show.[13] Reddy has also guested on BBC Radio Five Live.[14]

Reddy has written for, guested and presented shows on The Anfield Wrap.[15] Reddy has also presented shows on The Football Ramble,[16] and guested on Second Captains,[17] and BT Sport’s Football Writers Podcast.[18] In 2020 Reddy started her own podcast interview series entitled Between The Lines with Melissa Reddy. Guests have included Gary Lineker, Mauricio Pochettino and Daniel Sturridge.[19]

In 2020 Reddy released her first book, entitled Believe Us: How Jürgen Klopp Transformed Liverpool Into Title Winners. The book was referenced by England national rugby union team head coach Eddie Jones as an insight into the thinking and practises of the elite team produced by Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool FC.[20][21]

Reddy has spoken prominently about the racism and sexism she has endured forging her career and barriers women face.[10]

Reddy was shortlisted in the Best Writer category in the 2021 Football Supporters' Association awards.[22]
I actually quite like her, she seems pretty knowledgeable about football and asks good questions, not just the textbook football journalist questions.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Yeah, you rarely see him on their videos these days.
Good move because he's both ignorant and condescending simultaneously which bothers me.

Jay and Joe? I think those are the lads are balanced and levelheaded and rarely rush into criticism or negativity.

Adam is alot more tolerable or bearable on there than on The Kick Off too.

Amarsdd

Good move because he's both ignorant and condescending simultaneously which bothers me.

Jay and Joe? I think those are the lads are balanced and levelheaded and rarely rush into criticism or negativity.

Adam is alot more tolerable or bearable on there than on The Kick Off too.
Most of the new ones are decent as well. I just like the channel cause they don't pretend/try to be professional or too serious about it. Its casual and levelheaded conversations about United which is what I want from a fan channel.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He's good, he's knowledgeable, he's funny, he gets insider information, he has Paul Ince on regularly, he has Romano on regularly, as you said now he's getting interviews with players and tier 1 journalists. All the people complaining probably never watch him, or maybe they did years ago, but he's evolved and he's doing a good job. All the people going on about, he's a prat and everyone that listens to him is the problem, no, look in the mirror, the Top Red rules we've been force to follow to be proper fans are a much larger problem, and luckily he's breaking that mold.

He has 1.4 million subscribers and has impressive views numbers for most of his shows, especially the watch alongs. He can't be that bad with the obvious success he's had.
Good to see you on here Mark.

romufc

His shows are all negative. Its not hard to get Romano on, he is on almost every fan channel that has good subscribers. You do realise that Romano charges him to be part of the show? Its not for free.

He also does not have any insider information. All he is is clickbait and talks about the same thing that someone has tweeted. A journalist will tweet Manutd are in for Neymar and he will spend 45 mins talking about Neymar to UNited.

mu4c_20le

Mark is that you?

MichaelRed

You're being pedantic. I was giving an example i.e being an ex pro. Why insult me about copying a wiki page?
You're being ridiculous. Why would people assume he's an ex-pro? You act as if journalists have some sort of magical insight despite journalist not being a protected term, requiring zero qualifications and having no regulating body. Being a journalist is no different to being a nutritionist, it's just a title anyone can give themselves. He has gone out to Australia to follow the pre-season & you're sitting on a forum, bemoaning him being able to give his opinion because you think some berk might watch it and assume he's an ex-pro whose word must be taken as gospel.

Rooney1987

Most of the new ones are decent as well. I just like the channel cause they don't pretend/try to be professional or too serious about it. Its casual and levelheaded conversations about United which is what I want from a fan channel.
They also cover the youth set up and get better journalists to interview like the Athletic guys. It's not perfect but levelheaded is the right word for it.

United Stand did get Ducker on recently but outside of that it's always the same Ince, Romano and Ogden on rotation. Only reason the channel does better is the same reason AFTV gets great views.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Only reason the channel does better is the same reason AFTV gets great views.
Yup.

"The Sun" also has (as far as I'm aware) the highest circulation in the UK but that doesn't make it a good news source.

Strootman's Finger

His shows are all negative. Its not hard to get Romano on, he is on almost every fan channel that has good subscribers. You do realise that Romano charges him to be part of the show? Its not for free.

He also does not have any insider information. All he is is clickbait and talks about the same thing that someone has tweeted. A journalist will tweet Manutd are in for Neymar and he will spend 45 mins talking about Neymar to UNited.
He does have insider information. It sounds like you don't watch, so how would you know what he knows or says and whether or not it's been accurate? I watch him, I know he's said multiple things before they happened. Although, sounds like you watch too, because you seem to know everything he's said as well. Closet fan or liar, which are you?

romufc

He does have insider information. It sounds like you don't watch, so how would you know what he knows or says and whether or not it's been accurate? I watch him, I know he's said multiple things before they happened. Although, sounds like you watch too, because you seem to know everything he's said as well. Closet fan or liar, which are you?
I have twitter where I do see clips. I used to watch United stand a few years back but stopped after it was just agenda agenda agenda.

Right so If I say something and it happens, do I have Insider information?

Strootman's Finger

Are you on the wind up? :)
No, I just no longer have patience for the people that make rules for others to follow to be considered a United fan. Don't like Goldbridge, don't watch him, but you don't need to insult or undermine the people that do.

AFC NimbleThumb

No, I just no longer have patience for the people that make rules for others to follow to be considered a United fan. Don't like Goldbridge, don't watch him, but you don't need to insult or undermine the people that do.
Can’t say fairer than that. I said it yesterday, took me a few memes to see Goldbridge isn’t for me so I don’t watch him but this constant ‘posters says X so. . . Goldbridge’ is becoming tiresome.

If you don’t like something on the telly, switch over.

Strootman's Finger

I have twitter where I do see clips. I used to watch United stand a few years back but stopped after it was just agenda agenda agenda.

Right so If I say something and it happens, do I have Insider information?
When he calls a major omission from the team on the evening before the game and no major journalist does, did he just get lucky? Did he roll the dice and pick a name, and just happen to pick the right one?

He called done deal on Martinez almost a day before tier 1 United journalists. I was reading comments on here about whether or not the deal will happen when it was done.

Those are just a couple examples.

Strootman's Finger

Can’t say fairer than that. I said it yesterday, took me a few memes to see Goldbridge isn’t for me so I don’t watch him but this constant ‘posters says X so. . . Goldbridge’ is becoming tiresome.

If you don’t like something on the telly, switch over.
Cheers, very mature attitude, and the world would be better if more had that type of attitude.

AFC NimbleThumb

Cheers, very mature attitude, and the world would be better if more had that type of attitude.
Oh I’m one of the most immature posters going, I just don’t understand why people can quote him verbatim but then say how much they dislike him. We’ve a weird fanbase that seem to actually enjoy being upset at times, you see it in the tit for tat on here at times.

Jacko21

Referring to some fans as 'top reds' is equally as unhelpful no? Given that it's used in a derogatory manner.

crossy1686

career ending

Tell me you've never been to a game without telling me you've never been to a game.

parkthebuslads

Goldbridge and Flex encourage other points of view.
I disagree. He routinely gets borderline abusive at viewers for comments that he considers wrong. This is consistent with his temper tantrums when people dare to disrupt the flow of the stream and his intended schedule by sending in (paid) comments at the wrong time. He completely takes his support for granted.

On the flip side, he is a natural presenter. This fact is highlighted by the 3 or 4 people he's brought in to do the occasional show; they are all truly awful.

Despite my criticism and the fact I often disagree with his opinions, I think he has done a remarkable job in growing his channel and creating an almost professional production. I also think a fair bit of the abuse he gets can be attributed to the jealousy of some fans who would love to be making a living gassing on about United.

Last edited:

romufc

Despite my criticisms and the fact I often disagree with his opinions, I think he has done a remarkable job in growing his channel and creating an almost professional production. I also think a fair bit of the abuse he gets can be attributed to the jealousy of some fans who would love to be making a living gassing on about United.
I mean surely if you have over 1m subs and have a massive online profile, you are bound to get hate.

Like you say, a fair bit of it can be attributed to jealousy, I have seen people who used to be on United Stand go out on their own and are nobodies.

Football is an opinion sport, everyone sees it different and twitter is just toxic. If footballers are getting abuse, youtubers are likely too.

UpWithRivers

You're being ridiculous. Why would people assume he's an ex-pro? You act as if journalists have some sort of magical insight despite journalist not being a protected term, requiring zero qualifications and having no regulating body. Being a journalist is no different to being a nutritionist, it's just a title anyone can give themselves. He has gone out to Australia to follow the pre-season & you're sitting on a forum, bemoaning him being able to give his opinion because you think some berk might watch it and assume he's an ex-pro whose word must be taken as gospel.
Well you are definitely on the Fox news/Alex Jones spectrum. Good luck to you. Personally I prefer a separation between someone with credentials and no credentials. Fine you may say well the news is just as bad and those ex pros are useless. Agreed. But thats not my point. I want them separated so when I read or watch something I know who is talking and it gives me a baseline. Is it infallible? No you could be listening to a pro footballer who is a junkie and beats his wife up. But thats not the point. The point is I believe we should know who they are at a very base level. Same as you get ex generals talking about the war. They present them as 4 star General etc. All good but what the dont say is current board member of some company that makes weapons. Well that skews your viewpoint doesnt it.
But back to fox news with you

romufc

Well you are definitely on the Fox news/Alex Jones spectrum. Good luck to you. Personally I prefer a separation between someone with credentials and no credentials. Fine you may say well the news is just as bad and those ex pros are useless. Agreed. But thats not my point. I want them separated so when I read or watch something I know who is talking and it gives me a baseline. Is it infallible? No you could be listening to a pro footballer who is a junkie and beats his wife up. But thats not the point. The point is I believe we should know who they are at a very base level. Same as you get ex generals talking about the war. They present them as 4 star General etc. All good but what the dont say is current board member of some company that makes weapons. Well that skews your viewpoint doesnt it.
So are you trying to say you would prefer to listen to people like Danny Murphy and them because they are ex pros over a life long fan who understands football?

Just because someone played football professionally, does not make them a good pundit.

Danny Murphy thinks Southgate is better than ETH

UpWithRivers

So are you trying to say you would prefer to listen to people like Danny Murphy and them because they are ex pros over a life long fan who understands football?

Just because someone played football professionally, does not make them a good pundit.

Danny Murphy thinks Southgate is better than ETH
I literally wrote - you may say well the news is just as bad and those ex pros are useless. Agreed.
I literally wrote in previous posts that I am not against fan channels

I dont know how else to say it - I am against mixing fan channels with mainstream media unless its designed as a fan channel show or its stated that its the views of a fan.

Ironically I'm fighting for the voice of fans and fan channels. The beauty of fans and fan channels is the pure opinions of fans that are not attached to the club or to media. Once you attach the club, players and media to them they seize to be pure fans and fan channels. And once they start being represented by their organization name they also seize to be fan channels. Thats my view. They need to stick to who they are. Hello Im Adam a lifetime Man Utd fan. Respect. Ill listen to what you have to say. Adam from United Stand is promoting United Stand and even though United stand is a 'fan channel' the fan bit is being diluted in my view in favor of being an organization like any other

Last edited:

MichaelRed

When you start & end an argument on football commentary with attempts assign a political slant to the person you're replying to & then proceed to try and attack them for a political slant that you have assigned to them for yourself, your argument is basically worth shit. I've never watched fox news, I'm not from the US & your pathetic comment doesn't strengthen your argument in any way whatsoever. Adam was literally introduced as "Adam from The United Stand" & you're crying about it not being clear that he's not an ex-pro.

UpWithRivers

When you start & end an argument on football commentary with attempts assign a political slant to the person you're replying to & then proceed to try and attack them for a political slant that you have assigned to them for yourself, your argument is basically worth shit. I've never watched fox news, I'm not from the US & your pathetic comment doesn't strengthen your argument in any way whatsoever. Adam was literally introduced as "Adam from The United Stand" & you're crying about it not being clear that he's not an ex-pro.
I dont think you can read or understand that not everything is literal.

Chairman Steve

I don’t think there’s one channel I would say is the one I’d always go too. Even the better ones have cringe moments now and again. It is entertaining to watch their reactions to certain things though.

I remember some of the Stretford Paddock guys doing top red virtue signaling (for lack of a snappier term), defending Solskjaer last year as we were getting hammered by Liverpool and City at home, then conveniently swept the sacking under the carpet like cowards a la Gary Neville

Goldbridge is definitely a character and if you can’t see that after about two hours of watching him, then you must be deaf, dumb and blind. Its like a wrestling gimmick where you take your own personality, amplify those traits to 11 and then broadcast it.

And then you get people like Howson, who were decent at the start and now he’s insufferable. His level of sanctimony rivals Barcelona, especially now he’s the Rio sidekick.

YikesSchmeics

I actually quite like her, she seems pretty knowledgeable about football and asks good questions, not just the textbook football journalist questions.
I just can't get past the fact that she's a f**king Liverpool fan. I'm aware that not all the United journos are United fans, but I have no interest in the thoughts of a Liverpool fan journo when it comes to United regardless of whether they're good or not! Petty I know, but what are you going to do!?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I remember some of the Stretford Paddock guys doing top red virtue signaling (for lack of a snappier term), defending Solskjaer last year as we were getting hammered by Liverpool and City at home, then conveniently swept the sacking under the carpet like cowards a la Gary Neville
That's not true. I remember watching their post-match reviews after the Liverpool and City games where the presenters were conceding that Ole had to be sacked as it became clear he wasn't going to turn things around. Go back and watch those videos if you don't believe me. Just because the Stretford Paddock presenters were defending Ole after finishing 2nd in the league, doesn't mean they were doing "top red virtue signaling": which, by the way, has to be a contender for the cringiest comment ever said on this forum.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Pissing on YouTube channels per default is very boomer-ish, I agree with that.

In fact, the most successful YouTubers aren't doing anything radically different compared to what successful hosts of old-school TV shows did back in the day.

It's all about grabbing the attention of the viewers - and then, what they actually present, varies greatly in terms of informational/journalistic/entertainment/whatever value. Nothing new about that.

Personally, I think everyone, in general, is getting more and more superficial and idiotic - but that trend started well before the Internet (it probably started roughly around the time when pictographs became a thing). And the Internet actually does offer opportunities for less superficial and idiotic people to become "content creators" (on a scale that is potentially much larger than before). It's just that most in that category tend to be drowned out by morons - but that too isn't something new, exactly.

Anyway - a random twat who has managed to gain an online following, spouting something on YouTube, is not inherently worse (or better, by all means) than any kind of "journalist", "presenter" or whathaveya appearing in a more traditional guise.

At least not when it comes to football, where journalistic standards have always been somewhat iffy.