YouTube United channels

RedChisel

The problem with Goldbridge is he confuses his opinion with fact. He spouts all this conspiracy nonsense about the club as if it's iron clad truth.

His sycophantic followers then buy into that narrative and it then becomes fact in their heads.

It only takes one minor incident at the club for him to go on one of his paranoid rants and produce one of his click baity hour long videos.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
The problem with Goldbridge is he confuses his opinion with fact. He spouts all this conspiracy nonsense about the club as if it's iron clad truth.

His sycophantic followers then buy into that narrative and it then becomes fact in their heads.

It only takes one minor incident at the club for him to go on one of his paranoid rants and produce one of his click baity hour long videos.
Yup plus the fact that he pretty much covers all his bases by saying things like "We are out of the top 4 race" then a month later saying (on the back of a vein of form) "I think we are going to make top 4" before saying a month later "I told you 2 months ago, you heard it here first that United wouldn't get top 4, I told you months ago".

He just ignores all his bad/ terrible calls and constantly brings up his good/ accurate ones and says that people should go back and watch his prophecies.

Then if anyone in the comments says "Hey Mark you said 2 weeks ago we were going to finish top 4" he calls them an Idiot :lol: and gets his moderators to block them.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
We are trying, somehow, to judge these Utd Youtubers as if they are professional football analysts.
They are more or less the same as any other Youtuber who has became successful. They appeal to enough people so get enough viewers to rise to the top.

A lot of fans ( maybe the Top Reds :lol: ) think that because they are talking about Utd they need impartiality, integrity, first hand knowledge/exclusives, positivity and fairness at all times. If they had all that I am pretty sure they would have no viewers.

I like Goldbridge because he is entertaining. If he wasnt , I wouldn't watch him.
Telling people they shouldn't watch him because he supported Forest when he was 10 yo is condescending and embarrassing. By all means don't watch him because he is rubbish.

To be successful on Youtube, you probably have to be a bit deranged.

Don't overthink it people.

only me

We are trying, somehow, to judge these Utd Youtubers as if they are professional football analysts.
They are more or less the same as any other Youtuber who has became successful. They appeal to enough people so get enough viewers to rise to the top.

A lot of fans ( maybe the Top Reds :lol: ) think that because they are talking about Utd they need impartiality, integrity, first hand knowledge/exclusives, positivity and fairness at all times. If they had all that I am pretty sure they would have no viewers.

I like Goldbridge because he is entertaining. If he wasnt , I wouldn't watch him.
Telling people they shouldn't watch him because he supported Forest when he was 10 yo is condescending and embarrassing. By all means don't watch him because he is rubbish.

To be successful on Youtube, you probably have to be a bit deranged.

Don't overthink it people.
I don't think people are telling anyone not to watch Brent DI Cesare make a mockery of our club for his own personal gain, that's completely up to you. I think the question is more why Brent has to pick United and not forest for his shit channel? profitability reasons perhaps...either way he knows feck all and likely couldn't find Old Trafford with a map.

clarkydaz

I don't think people are telling anyone not to watch Brent DI Cesare make a mockery of our club for his own personal gain, that's completely up to you. I think the question is more why Brent has to pick United and not forest for his shit channel? profitability reasons perhaps...either way he knows feck all and likely couldn't find Old Trafford with a map.
the club does that fine on its own

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
The fact that I had look up who you were talking about probably tells you the vested interest I have in him. Seems a bit weird calling him out as Brent but hey, maybe you know him a lot better.

Mockery seems a tad srtong

Is there anyone on Youtube NOT doing it for there own personal gain?????

Revaulx

United Peoples TV is the only one I watch regularly. He’s a bit of a windbag, but as far as I can tell he’s clear on the difference between fact and opinion, he doesn’t make bogus claims to be ITK and he doesn’t propound clickbaity conspiracy theories. His vids could do with a bit of editing as I tend to lose concentration part way through sometimes. I would rather be bored on the odd occasion than aurally assaulted by some shouty charlatan though.

only me

The fact that I had look up who you were talking about probably tells you the vested interest I have in him. Seems a bit weird calling him out as Brent but hey, maybe you know him a lot better.

Mockery seems a tad srtong

Is there anyone on Youtube NOT doing it for there own personal gain?????
Not sure how that is weird I am calling him Brent because that is his name. I would call Steve Coogan by his name not Alan Partridge.

If not mockery what would you call it then? having someone like him represent our club, repeating whatever bollocks our rivals fans are saying today for his money with no care how this could effect our club, players, reputation etc......however you look at it just absolutely shocking.

nainaisson

Yeah, he's like a weird combination of Alan Partridge and Jim Jones.

It's kind of fascinating to witness the effect a charismatic idiot has on stupid people. If I were a sociologist, I might like to write a book on this whole phenomenon.

0le

Some could argue why do you have to pick redcafe for your "shit" posts?

Newtonius

This is the person everyone thinks is so toxic and thrives off of negativity? What?

Is there perhaps some jealousy he has a large audience that pays him a lot of money? This is as rational a fan reaction as any of us here certainly he just tries to be entertaining as well.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This is the person everyone thinks is so toxic and thrives off of negativity? What?

Is there perhaps some jealousy he has a large audience that pays him a lot of money? This is as rational a fan reaction as any of us here certainly he just tries to be entertaining as well.
He's one of the most toxic fans we have. He's also a total and utter hypocrite too.

The channel is incredibly negative the vast majority of the time.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yeah, he's like a weird combination of Alan Partridge and Jim Jones.

It's kind of fascinating to witness the effect a charismatic idiot has on stupid people. If I were a sociologist, I might like to write a book on this whole phenomenon.
Let me guess, you're the genius who's in charge of putting people into the smart and stupid category, right?

Talk about lack of self-awareness.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
My YouTube feed was full of clipped goldbridge having meltdowns. He's our AFTV except he's playing 5 or 6 characters.

Other fans/channels aren't clipped nearly as much.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Still banging the old Forest fan shite drum, eh? It's bollocks like this - I'm a better fan than you, you're not a real fan, that is dividing the fanbase. If you don't like Goldbridge, well done. He's clearly passionate about the club and gives a shit about our current situation and where we're heading. Just like most other fans.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Sure she has nothing to make her a football journalist. Same level as Adam a fan from Youtube.
That's nonsense, journalists just need to have media/journalism training and even that is not essential . I know sports journalists who don't even like the sports they write about, they are crap at analysis but so much sports journalism is just documenting and not analysing. But if she has a passion for football and a background in journalism then she's as qualified for the job as anyone.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Sure she has nothing to make her a football journalist. Same level as Adam a fan from Youtube.

Career

Whilst studying at university, Reddy did an internship at Summit TV, a business channel in South Africa. After moving to Cape Town and joining TEAMtalk Media in 2007 and working across many sports, Reddy was Head of Football by 2011, before becoming Deputy Editor of KICK OFF Magazine which is Africa's largest sport publication.[3] On both occasions, she was the first female to hold such a post and was also the first to feature as a football analyst on SuperSport’s marquee shows Backpages and Monday Night Football.

Reddy became the Liverpool Correspondent of Goal's 38 editions worldwide in November 2015.[5] Reddy was then football correspondent at ESPN,[6] wrote for The Athletic,[7] and became the senior football correspondent at JOE,[8] before joining The Independent as Senior football correspondent in November 2019.[9]

Reddy's television appearances include Sky Sports News 'Tackling Racism’,[10] Sunday Supplement[11] and Red Men TV[12] and the BBC’s Premier League Show.[13] Reddy has also guested on BBC Radio Five Live.[14]

Reddy has written for, guested and presented shows on The Anfield Wrap.[15] Reddy has also presented shows on The Football Ramble,[16] and guested on Second Captains,[17] and BT Sport’s Football Writers Podcast.[18] In 2020 Reddy started her own podcast interview series entitled Between The Lines with Melissa Reddy. Guests have included Gary Lineker, Mauricio Pochettino and Daniel Sturridge.[19]

In 2020 Reddy released her first book, entitled Believe Us: How Jürgen Klopp Transformed Liverpool Into Title Winners. The book was referenced by England national rugby union team head coach Eddie Jones as an insight into the thinking and practises of the elite team produced by Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool FC.[20][21]

Reddy has spoken prominently about the racism and sexism she has endured forging her career and barriers women face.[10]

Reddy was shortlisted in the Best Writer category in the 2021 Football Supporters' Association awards.[22]
That seems like a good CV

UpWithRivers

That's nonsense, journalists just need to have media/journalism training and even that is not essential . I know sports journalists who don't even like the sports they write about, they are crap at analysis but so much sports journalism is just documenting and not analysing. But if she has a passion for football and a background in journalism then she's as qualified for the job as anyone.
The argument was Adam vs Reddy. Not Adam vs journalists. The poster was saying Adam was as qualified as Reddy and I think I proved otherwise. Now if your saying journalists as a whole dont necessarily have to have good qualifications. I agree. But they are usually there to interview. They are not the interviewee. If you are saying that anyone has the right to an opinion even a fan with no qualifications then I agree again. But even that's not relevant because my main point at the beginning was that fans and fan channels should be separate from mainstream media. Its like an amatuer being paid...are you really still an amateur?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
The argument was Adam vs Reddy. Not Adam vs journalists. The poster was saying Adam was as qualified as Reddy and I think I proved otherwise. Now if your saying journalists as a whole dont necessarily have to have good qualifications. I agree. But they are usually there to interview. They are not the interviewee. If you are saying that anyone has the right to an opinion even a fan with no qualifications then I agree again. But even that's not relevant because my main point at the beginning was that fans and fan channels should be separate from mainstream media. Its like an amatuer being paid...are you really still an amateur?
I misread, sorry. And hate fan channels.

evil_geko

Nah, he is a twat.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Seems he has a lot of fans on here
It's why I find it a little bizarre that people seem to think he has no influence over (at least) the online fan base and their reactions to certain players or club personnel.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's why I find it a little bizarre that people seem to think he has no influence over (at least) the online fan base and their reactions to certain players or club personnel.
It definitely does as much as people don't like to think it.

Rightnr

Seems he has a lot of fans on here.
Top shelf logic over here. Because people don't curse the guy and call him a twat like the Redcafe boomers, apparently they're 'fans'. This also coming from the same people crying how abused Rashy and Harry Maguire were for their shite performances last season.

And finally, it's hilarious how people think the guy has some sort of super power of influence he pulls over the fanbase. Instead of, you know, the more likely case that he communicates a point of view shared by a lot of fans and frowned upon by the paid-for sports 'journalists' and other traditional media as well as self-important top reds who think United fans are not allowed to come from outside of Manchester.

Bwuk

If the forum banned anyone who likes Goldbridge we’d be in a better place

Leftback99

Top shelf logic over here. Because people don't curse the guy and call him a twat like the Redcafe boomers, apparently they're 'fans'. This also coming from the same people crying how abused Rashy and Harry Maguire were for their shite performances last season.

And finally, it's hilarious how people think the guy has some sort of super power of influence he pulls over the fanbase. Instead of, you know, the more likely case that he communicates a point of view shared by a lot of fans and frowned upon by the paid-for sports 'journalists' and other traditional media as well as self-important top reds who think United fans are not allowed to come from outside of Manchester.
Here's one.

Rightnr

Here's one.
The fact you don't distinguish between a fan and spewing your side's usual bile about the guy demonstrates how nonsensical your side's arguments are really.

And btw, Goldbridge annoys me more often than not nowadays but I respect his opinions since he's been consistent for a long, long time and based on logic, not some dumbo sense of boomer entitlement.

mu4c_20le

I agree mate. Boomercafe always moaning about fan channels, hair styles, tik tok

Leftback99

The fact you don't distinguish between a fan and spewing your side's usual bile about the guy demonstrates how nonsensical your side's arguments are really.

And btw, Goldbridge annoys me more often than not nowadays but I respect his opinions since he's been consistent for a long, long time and based on logic, not some dumbo sense of boomer entitlement.
I have literally no idea what you are talking about. Sides?!

It's a simple fact that a channel with 1.4m subscribers alone will have influence over what people think. No different to the mainstream media. I hold my hands up myself i'm probably influenced by analysis i see on Sky Sports etc from people with far more knowledge than me.

Fair play to him making a very decent living out of it but for me it's the equivalent of watching you ranting on Youtube.

ReallyUSA

United View, Paddock, and United Stand are all good for different reasons.

Nero

I don't see any toxicity and negativity from United YouTubers that I don't see on here constantly. This place has been a shitstorm of toxicity for a few years now.

The only difference is Youtubers have a platform where the world can listen to their opinions, whereas other people just get to post on an internet forum and likely have their opinion simply scrolled right past without even being read.

Frank White

You've said that you have followed Goldbridge from when he had 10-20k subs isn't that by definition being a fan of something?