Yuri Alberto

ColvaleGoa

Manchester United and Arsenal are both preparing bids for Santos striker Yuri Alberto, according to reports.

The 16-year-old has impressed at youth level for Santos and has been watched by several top European clubs during his appearances for Brazil’s Under-17 team.

The Sun claims that United and Arsenal have already been in touch with Alberto’s agent and the two Premier League teams will continue to monitor the forward.

Santos value Alberto at £37.5 million after the striker scored 51 goals in 32 games at youth level last year.

Complimentary YouTube Video:)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We get linked to tons of South American youngsters but never sign any.

SuperiorXI

Santos value Alberto at £37.5 million after the striker scored 51 goals in 32 games at youth level last year.
Youth to pro level is a big step up. Players can bag goal after goal then fail to make the jump up. Certainly not worth 37.5 million until he proves something at the highest level.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Still waiting to #AnnounceKerlon can't wait to see him seal dribble around Old Trafford.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I also seem to remember us having a feeder club in Brazil, Deportivo something. Been ages now and we haven't signed anyone from there.

United_We_Stand

We were linked with him in August too. 101greatgoals quoted some Brazilian outlets that claimed Yuri was England bound
http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/a...-starlet-yuri-alberto-hes-heading-to-england/

But the story doesn't make sense. Yuri is only 16 and afaik he can't complete international transfer until he's 18. This is the case with Vincius Junior too, who signed for Real Madrid but can't join them until he's 18. I don't think any club will be willing to pay £37m for a player who won't join them before 2019!

I hope our Brazilian members can give us some perspective. How does he compare to Vincius Junior in Brazil? Who is the bigger talent?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Holy hell, 2:25 in that video the keeper almost took his head off!

"He could have been killed" - Fergie

Plato

I also seem to remember us having a feeder club in Brazil, Deportivo something. Been ages now and we haven't signed anyone from there.
Desportivo Brasil. They were founded by a company called Traffic Group apparently. You would think they would have chose a more subtle name for themselves seeing as they run a club whose modus operandi is whoring out young football sensations.

Currently their entire squad is out on loan according to Wikipedia, but it's out of date since it says one is on loan at Manchester United reserves but I clicked on his profile (Lucas Evangelista) and that was in 2012.

United Pro

Javier Ribalta may change that.
Was it confirmed that we signed him? I did a quick search on Google and the articles from a few months back were all saying that he is set to join us, but no real confirmation.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Was it confirmed that we signed him? I did a quick search on Google and the articles from a few months back were all saying that he is set to join us, but no real confirmation.
. There's no official confirmation obviously as United doesn't really announce scouting appointments but all the reliable sources said that the deal is done.

United Pro