Film Zack Snyder's REBEL MOON

atkar83

I've seen it mentioned a few times but its like Bugs Life, except the troupe in that movie were fully fleshed out, whereas in this pile of shite its just things that Snyder thought would look cool even if it doesn't make sense in that story.

BarstoolProphet

Not familiar with everyone's hatred of the director before I watched it, so hadn't any expectations at all. But deary me, it was really bad. Like 1/10 is not even hyperbole. Annoying with the slow-mo effects, which I now read that the director is infamous for. The start wasn't actually that bad, even though I really didn't get any feel of the world they started out in our the entire backdrop for the movie. It really took a massive nosedive after Daario Naharis#2 and the main protagonist went on their quest to recruit people. They stayed at every location/planet for what, maybe five minutes max each time? And somehow manages to recruit seemingly legendary warriors after just speaking to them for less than a minute each time? Must have been the greatest salespersons in history. The absolute worst one was the scene where the swordswoman entered a seemingly deadly battle with a hybrid spider/robot while they were just standing there watching and afterwards it was "wow, that was cool, fancy joining us to beat up a spaceship?". Then they entered the Kingdom of Davy Jones just in time before it was completely evaporated after existing for millions of years.

The character with the biggest personality was the robot and we barely saw it.

jeepers

I got a bit confused about which was worse, the dialogue or the acting. I think they were probably both as bad as each other. The other thing that made it eventually unwatchable was how incredibly seriously it took itself. So po-faced and boring. Couldn’t be more different to Star Wars, the movie it emulates. Which had a great balance of lighter moments and darkness. This was just one big vomit of one paced, over the top, moody melodrama. The emo version of Star Wars.
I finished it. Barely scraped through. I see you didn’t manage to.

The dialogue is definitely far worse than the acting, in my opinion.

Glorio

Apart from the lack of depth of any of the characters (they were too many and none had any build up), what was massively noticeable for me was the lack of realistic contact during the action scenes.

For a movie with themes of violent and brutal oppression, they seemed to shy away from realistic hits and the visuals that one would expect. In fact most times, the actual shot when someone got hit wasn't even shown, as it would switch to a different shot at point of impact. There was no blood, and some times it was difficult to tell of someone had actually been shot or not.
Trying to remember if it was rated PG, as the reluctance to show any actual brutality was so obvious I was thinking it might have been intentional so it could be open to a more universal audience

Wing Attack Plan R

Not familiar with everyone's hatred of the director before I watched it, so hadn't any expectations at all. But deary me, it was really bad. Like 1/10 is not even hyperbole. Annoying with the slow-mo effects, which I now read that the director is infamous for. The start wasn't actually that bad, even though I really didn't get any feel of the world they started out in our the entire backdrop for the movie. It really took a massive nosedive after Daario Naharis#2 and the main protagonist went on their quest to recruit people. They stayed at every location/planet for what, maybe five minutes max each time? And somehow manages to recruit seemingly legendary warriors after just speaking to them for less than a minute each time? Must have been the greatest salespersons in history. The absolute worst one was the scene where the swordswoman entered a seemingly deadly battle with a hybrid spider/robot while they were just standing there watching and afterwards it was "wow, that was cool, fancy joining us to beat up a spaceship?". Then they entered the Kingdom of Davy Jones just in time before it was completely evaporated after existing for millions of years.

The character with the biggest personality was the robot and we barely saw it.
Are you familiar with the Mass Effect games? Basically the commander of a ship with a small crew has to go around the galaxy and recruit warriors from different alien races to fight against an existential threat to all of them. I haven't seen Rebel Moon, and I'm not going to see it, but wondering if Snyder basically stole that part of those games?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Are you familiar with the Mass Effect games? Basically the commander of a ship with a small crew has to go around the galaxy and recruit warriors from different alien races to fight against an existential threat to all of them. I haven't seen Rebel Moon, and I'm not going to see it, but wondering if Snyder basically stole that part of those games?
More likely that game is ripping off the same Seven Samurai movie trope that this film is copying.

Munkehboi

The wife and myself had a lovely dinner out tonight for Vaelntines and chucked the kid to the grandparants for the night. Finally a night to ourselves so we thought we would find a nice movie to watch.

Trawled through every streaming service we had and realised every romcom had been seen to death at this point so thought we would settle on Rebel Moon. What felt like an eternity later, we both wished we'd had rather watched 50 first dates or Bridget Jones for the 1484th time instead. Completely crap film. 0/10. I almost chucked the remote at the TV at the end with the Anakin-esque scene. Utter disgrace!

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The wife and myself had a lovely dinner out tonight for Vaelntines and chucked the kid to the grandparants for the night. Finally a night to ourselves so we thought we would find a nice movie to watch.

Trawled through every streaming service we had and realised every romcom had been seen to death at this point so thought we would settle on Rebel Moon. What felt like an eternity later, we both wished we'd had rather watched 50 first dates or Bridget Jones for the 1484th time instead. Completely crap film. 0/10. I almost chucked the remote at the TV at the end with the Anakin-esque scene. Utter disgrace!
Could tell exactly where this was going :lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Zack Snyder has teased that his director's cuts of both Rebel Moon movies could be landing on Netflix on the same day. The director's cuts are set to be longer than the standard versions, and they're also going to be R-rated – the Netflix versions are PG-13.

"Those will come out, probably, on the same day – later," Snyder toldI Minutemen. "We don't have a date yet, but I think it's going to be in the summer."

He added: "They're each about an hour longer than the originals, the PG-13 [versions]. So it'll be nice to see the six hours together. You can take a break, of course. It's a more, maybe, immersive experience. I'm interested for people to see it that way. It's very adult, it's very R-rated."
:lol: ffs

Hamnat

Him and his fecking Director cuts.
It is actually smart now. It is a permanent excuse at this point when his movies suck. He can just blame studios not wanting to release the "true vision" that is "way better".

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
He and Netflix are pretty perfect for one another tbh, soulless regurgitated "content".

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

I see he’s going with a straight up rehash of the “final boss battle happening on increasingly sloping platform” trope. And sure might as well stick it in the trailer because why not?

What’s really annoying is that I’m fairly sure I’ll end up watching the stupid thing.

Bert_

I see he’s going with a straight up rehash of the “final boss battle happening on increasingly sloping platform” trope. And sure might as well stick it in the trailer because why not?

What’s really annoying is that I’m fairly sure I’ll end up watching the stupid thing.
First 15 seconds of that should be looped and played in a disused factory in Berlin.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I'm not even sure I will.... Even Mary Jane didn't make the original watchable

Sylar

Part 2 is out
I've managed to watch an hour but need a break. I still feel a lot of this can be condensed down or may have been better as a series

It's not really gripping me in a way where I can't wait to see what happens

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Part 2 is out
I've managed to watch an hour but need a break. I still feel a lot of this can be condensed down or may have been better as a series

It's not really gripping me in a way where I can't wait to see what happens
So it's shit?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Ed Skrein’s body fat is so low, and usually it’s something I’d admire. Yet, because he doesn’t have much mass, and due to his very angular features and narrow frame, he instead looks like one of those Body Worlds exhibits come to life. It’s super creepy and kind of gross. I badly want to give the man some carbs.

That peculiarism aside, I am about an hour or so through, like the previous poster, and taking a break. It’s as immensely shit as the first one, but somehow even more Zak Syndery. In one montage they have to harvest the grain and process it. Somehow, what is essentially a 30 second cut scene, turns into about 8 minutes of almost perpetual slow motion of people running their hands through the harvest in its various forms. It’s quite the cinematic achievement of utter pointlessness.

oh well, back to the old Netflix grindstone for me.

Edit: Finished it. It’s so bad as to be an embarrassment. It so desperately wants to be Star Wars, right down to the plasma swords that are suspiciously like light sabers, and the Rebels flying knock off Y-Wings. It’s a seriously massive piece of shit.
Our hero is also, essentially, a child killer. Or not, as the most predictable “twist” ever would have it. But she didn’t know that. And all the people following her - except Titus - didn’t know that. They were just willfully (those that knew, including her lover) following someone who would shoot a little girl in the chest
. fecking atrocious. Zack Synder is the absolute worst. How much did this steaming pile of dog shit cost?

Last edited:

BarstoolProphet

Gave the sequel a go to see if my criticism of the first one was a bit harsh, but nah, if anything, I was a bit too lenient. I actually think the sequel is the worst movie I have ever seen. If this was a school project, then you would be told to find another course or get expelled. Surprised anyone sane has greenlighted this project.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I watched the first, thought it was junk, weirdly watched it a second time and it seemed less junk. So I watched the sequel hoping it would help the first one but it didnt, in fact the 2nd one is 10 times worse than the first junk. Its a plodder. Is there a third in this series? Hope they havent started filming it yet if there is, the project needs to be canned. I would rather watch Connor McGregor acting again.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I actually enjoyed the first one, but getting to the 1 million flashbacks in a row made me stop the second. It's so atrocious that I imagine the director's cut that Zach 'Only Director in the World to Never be Allowed to Make the Movie he Wants' Snyder says he has is like having your skin peeled off slowly.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Ed Skrein’s body fat is so low, and usually it’s something I’d admire. Yet, because he doesn’t have much mass, and due to his very angular features and narrow frame, he instead looks like one of those Body Worlds exhibits come to life. It’s super creepy and kind of gross. I badly want to give the man some carbs.

That peculiarism aside, I am about an hour or so through, like the previous poster, and taking a break. It’s as immensely shit as the first one, but somehow even more Zak Syndery. In one montage they have to harvest the grain and process it. Somehow, what is essentially a 30 second cut scene, turns into about 8 minutes of almost perpetual slow motion of people running their hands through the harvest in its various forms. It’s quite the cinematic achievement of utter pointlessness.

oh well, back to the old Netflix grindstone for me.

Edit: Finished it. It’s so bad as to be an embarrassment. It so desperately wants to be Star Wars, right down to the plasma swords that are suspiciously like light sabers, and the Rebels flying knock off Y-Wings. It’s a seriously massive piece of shit.
Our hero is also, essentially, a child killer. Or not, as the most predictable “twist” ever would have it. But she didn’t know that. And all the people following her - except Titus - didn’t know that. They were just willfully (those that knew, including her lover) following someone who would shoot a little girl in the chest
. fecking atrocious. Zack Synder is the absolute worst. How much did this steaming pile of dog shit cost?
That annoyed me because even though I haven't seen that the kid didn't die it's obvious she didn't, but her not dying doesn't change that the main character tried to kill her. She's literally an evil person and we're supposed to root for her.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
What a load of trash. Waste of time this was. And what is his bloody obsession with slow-mo's, ffs? It's probably why the run time of his movies are circa 120+ and not the standard 90'ish.

The only director who can pull off a slow-mo is John Woo. So feck off Zack.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
What a load of trash. Waste of time this was. And what is his bloody obsession with slow-mo's, ffs? It's probably why the run time of his movies are circa 120+ and not the standard 90'ish.

The only director who can pull off a slow-mo is John Woo.
So feck off Zack.
Sam Peckinpah was brilliant with them. The Wild Bunch is my favorite western.

Ahmer Baig

Despite all the shit and poor reviews why the hell did i watch this and wasted my time?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Dunno why you lot do it to yourselves.
It's because comments like this make me want to watch it

Gave the sequel a go to see if my criticism of the first one was a bit harsh, but nah, if anything, I was a bit too lenient. I actually think the sequel is the worst movie I have ever seen. If this was a school project, then you would be told to find another course or get expelled. Surprised anyone sane has greenlighted this project.
In that it must be so bad it'll be entertaining to see how bad it is. Except of course somehow both this quote will be correct and it won't be entertainingly bad at all.