Film Zack Snyder's REBEL MOON

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I'd be interested in this if it wasn't Zack Snyder. Watchmen was amongst the worst media I have ever consumed. Awful, self-indulgent shite.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The 23% score of RT is pretty accurate. It’s every Zak Synder film ever, but with even more slow-mo.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I'd be interested in this if it wasn't Zack Snyder. Watchmen was amongst the worst media I have ever consumed. Awful, self-indulgent shite.
Maybe I'm one of the simpletons but I loved Watchmen, though didn't find Justice League enjoyable.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I made it half way through. Might go back and finish it off but it's not been great.

One of these films where every single thing in it or about it feels like it's been borrowed or copied from another film. Not an ounce of originality there, every scene feels weirdly forced or involves illogical behaviour from multiple different characters, and there's just nothing that interesting about any of the characters either. The main general bad guy is the only one with any kind of thing about him and even he's generic villain material.

Even the nice visuals have been in short supply so far.

Disappoint
Am I wrong in thinking this was essentially going to be his star wars? Makes sense then.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Self indulgence is a great word to describe him. From basically putting his name/brand in front of every movie title (like he’s up there with the best of the best), to every action scene needing an unnecessary super slo-mo, to extended run times yet the characters are still devoid of substance. Shame.

Sylar

It's basically every zack snyder movie element merged into a star wars movie.
It's not bad or offensive, it's a 5/10 movie. Nothing néw, predictable what will happen especially if you know its a part one. It feels like I've said before, his action scenes are so that trailers would look awesome when they clip it.

I'll watch part two, but I had to watch this in two sessions. And it's crazy to think that there's some bits cut out (an extended version out there)
Seems like snyder can't make a movie without it being 3 or 4 or 5 hours long

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Maybe I'm one of the simpletons but I loved Watchmen, though didn't find Justice League enjoyable.
I hated Watchmen with a passion. A deep, deep passion. Justice League was very bad, but my hatred wasn't as deep seeded...it was just a bad movie.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I'll just be looking at Charlie. I started watching it last night but had to take it off because a few people fell asleep :nervous:

Bobski

Its really dreadfully bland stuff, and that comes from a guy who is very generous to any sci-fi. Worst of Star Wars with the most irritating parts of Superhero stuff with the Snyder touch all over it.

This are so many great sci-fi works/concepts out there yet to be adapted and we end up with this shlock. I mean give us some of the Culture, Or Children of Time, or take a stab at some of Alastair Reynolds, Peter F Hamilton's epic space operas. Or do the Bobiverse and its humour, or The Vorkosigan Saga, the political intrigue and diversity would make this a near perfect fit for current trends.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Gonna watch it later, looking forward to it.

I don't need arthouse cinema when I'm high on roast spuds, turkey, ham, spiced beef, carrots, sprouts, Yorkshire puddings and cheesecake.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

I don't need arthouse cinema when I'm high on roast spuds, turkey, ham, spiced beef, carrots, sprouts, Yorkshire puddings and cheesecake.
Zack Snyder is the sprout of the film industry.

Its really dreadfully bland stuff, and that comes from a guy who is very generous to any sci-fi. Worst of Star Wars with the most irritating parts of Superhero stuff with the Snyder touch all over it.

This are so many great sci-fi works/concepts out there yet to be adapted and we end up with this shlock. I mean give us some of the Culture, Or Children of Time, or take a stab at some of Alastair Reynolds, Peter F Hamilton's epic space operas. Or do the Bobiverse and its humour, or The Vorkosigan Saga, the political intrigue and diversity would make this a near perfect fit for current trends.
Children of Time would be an epic undertaking though, similar to Foundation, so very hard to pull off.
I adore the bobiverse, but could it be put on screen and work?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Same here. I’ll be high on all of the above as well as literally high (on a THC edible) so can’t say I’m not giving it the best possible chance!

Bobski

Children of Time would be an epic undertaking though, similar to Foundation, so very hard to pull off.
I adore the bobiverse, but could it be put on screen and work?
No doubt that all of the stuff I mentioned would be difficult to adapt, they might all be better suited to high level animated TV series, but Rebel Moon from what I can see is just a recycled rejected star wars script. Given how abysmal all the modern movies bar Rogue One have been it is not a promising starting point. Need to take some risks.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

They’ve had a crack at that on Apple TV. It’s VERY boring.

Wing Attack Plan R

Denis villeneuve is about the only director I’d trust with any of that material. The problem is, some no-mark hack like Snyder, or Eli Roth, Ava Duvernay, John Lassiter, Will Smith, or a thousand other shitbirds would get the rights to the Culture and feck it up and make the property radioactive for decades.

Oldyella

Denis villeneuve is about the only director I’d trust with any of that material. The problem is, some no-mark hack like Snyder, or Eli Roth, Ava Duvernay, John Lassiter, Will Smith, or a thousand other shitbirds would get the rights to the Culture and feck it up and make the property radioactive for decades.
villeneuve doing Children of Time would be incredible.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This type of shit always just looks absolutely awful to me. They just churn this stuff out with zero thought don’t they.

mav_9me

It was so meh...almost like a C grade movie. I thought there was huge potential for it, could have been a great series where it takes its time to flesh out the characters.

Whatever happens to Charlie Hunnam's character at the end?

Nogbadthebad

It was basically 7 Samurai/Magnificent 7/Battle Beyond the Stars with a cheap star wars skin on top.

Duialogue was pretty awful and the action never really got ygoing because of the endless slo mo.

The whole 'snyderverse' crap really inflated his ego to the size of a planet, and this is the result.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Load of wank. All the pretty special effects are wasted on such a crap story.

Casting Phil Foden as the antagonist was stupid too.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
My uncle has a small role in it. He's a character called Hagen who helped the main character after she arrived at some planet. Was he at least good?

mav_9me

My uncle has a small role in it. He's a character called Hagen who helped the main character after she arrived at some planet. Was he at least good?
He was definitely good. Tbf the actors were fine. It's the way the story is told and lot of nonsense...

Castia

Why does this director throw his name all over his movies when 9/10 they’re absolutely shite?

Hamnat

Why does this director throw his name all over his movies when 9/10 they’re absolutely shite?
Because he has cultivated his fanbase kind of like an influencer. For a director it is a bit weird. They support all his slow mo , self indulgent nonsense and defend him from all the rightful basic criticisms. Then jump on board his inevitable arguments that the studios are at fault for holding back his true 7 hour vision Synder Cut that is SO MUCH better.

I don't get why studios keep giving him more money after he inevitably throws them under the bus after he flops.

Eric_the_Red99

Because he has cultivated his fanbase kind of like an influencer. For a director it is a bit weird. They support all his slow mo , self indulgent nonsense and defend him from all the rightful basic criticisms. Then jump on board his inevitable arguments that the studios are at fault for holding back his true 7 hour vision Synder Cut that is SO MUCH better.

I don't get why studios keep giving him more money after he inevitably throws them under the bus after he flops.
‘Cultivated’ with the emphasis definitely on ‘cult’….

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

It’s bizarre. When I see a film branded “Zack Synder’s” anything, I’m grateful for the hubristic branding. It tells me to avoid it. The same can be said of M. Night Shyamalan.

That said, I watched this travesty of celluloid usage, spread across 3 or 4 sittings. As someone else so aptly put it, it’s just a mash up of scenes recreated from other sci-fi and action movies. The use of slow motion has reached meme worthy levels. There’s often a debate in sci-fi of style over substance, here there isn’t even a debate. There’s lots and lots of bad style and zero substance.

It’s a truly remarkable feat of epic nothingness.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This type of shit always just looks absolutely awful to me. They just churn this stuff out with zero thought don’t they.
It's the lazy plot devices that don't even serve any purpose other than to waste time that are the worst parts of these things for me.

I can get on with a couple of hours of mindless fighting, but they always cram it full of completely meaningless little arcs and side plots, or unnecessarily stupid characters, that just make the whole thing painful to watch.

There's a bit in this where they end up betting some bloke to buy some guy's freedom and if they lose they all become his slaves or something. Its just thrust into the film with zero background given and it makes absolutely no sense for anyone involved or their motives. There's nothing given to even explain anyone's motives in the first place. It's just a device to create some suspense but a 12 year old could have written it better.

I feel like the transformers films were the start of this basic story telling downfall