Zakora it is then

kanchelskis14

MrMarcello said:
Wow. Based on one match. Playing with pride for his country. This is commonly known as a

What you are basically saying is that Zokora is a name only brought up at the neginning of this tournament? Bollocks, he's been discussed all season as you are aware of.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
kanchelskis14 said:
What you are basically saying is that Zokora is a name only brought up at the neginning of this tournament? Bollocks, he's been discussed all season as you are aware of.
And dismissed by most. But after one World Cup match, he's suddenly the answer to United's midfield woes.

Mainoldo

Lets get this straight Zokora will be going to Spurs we in return will be getting their overpriced Carrick. Diarra seems to be our main defensive target, he is another well over priced player but he is the best DM around at the minute. Lyon are willing to sell because they release like we should that they are a majority of good DM's on the market now (Compared to last year) that can do an decent job. I believe us signing Carrick getting ripped off is a definate but i feel we are better of going for a Cambiasso, Mascherano Petit price DM if Lyon are still going to be resilient with their price.

P.S Mascherano didn't play bad the other day just got on with his job, Zokora had an excellent game amd is leaving up to his hype (Played well today also)

Parks Life

MrMarcello said:
And dismissed by most. But after one World Cup match, he's suddenly the answer to United's midfield woes.
Its 2 and you don't get many better sides than Argentina and Holland.

Him and Toure have more than held there own against Cambiasso, Riquelme & Mascherano and Van Bommel, Sneidjer & Cocu.

cheethamhill said:
he's crap..
seriously
Prick. :rolleyes:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Parks Life said:
Its 2 and you don't get many better sides than Argentina and Holland.

Him and Toure have more than held there own against Cambiasso, Riquelme & Mascherano and Van Bommel, Sneidjer & Cocu.

Dunno about you, but I prefer a player to perform over the course of many matches, not 2 matches for his country when pride and patriotism gives one the extra push.

He might turn out a top class midfielder.

unitedgogi

MrMarcello said:
Dunno about you, but I prefer a player to perform over the course of many matches, not 2 matches for his country when pride and patriotism gives one the extra push.

I saw him in maybe five games before WC and he never had a bad game. Diarra is the best option but considering the price, this guy is a value bet.

Parks Life

MrMarcello said:

Fair enough, hopefully the scouts have done there job then.

If he has been playing like this regularly for his club then I'd say we should certainly sign him.

kanchelskis14

MrMarcello said:
Most who dismissed him probably did so on the basis that he is African and plays in France, nothing to do with him actually performing badly or not.

mamboza

May be I'm wrong, but I just don't see us signing him. He does look a vary good player but I keep feeling he's not class enough. I mean what we are looking for is someone in the class of Keane, Robson, Viera etc. Somehow I feel he lacks a little something, may be it's all too much action but not enough authority, control, and intelligence. We really need a world class engine room, someone with that little bit extra, to compete with Chesea, Liverpool, Barcelona, Milan etc. Imagine where we are in world football, and I think we need nothing short of a genius to really put us right back at the top again. I may be wrong but it's just an opinion. I also rate Carrick as a very good player, but again still doubting if he is superb and special enough to be our main engine room. RvN will probably be sold, and we would probably be getting 2 central midfielders, and either a winger or a striker. BUt we need all 3 of the very best for those positions. Just look at what Ronaldinho did for Barca and how he lifted Barca back to the top again. We just need 1-2 world beaters and we are set. Is Zokora really exceptional enough or just another good player?

jimreid

mamboza said:
May be I'm wrong, but I just don't see us signing him. He does look a vary good player but I keep feeling he's not class enough. I mean what we are looking for is someone in the class of Keane, Robson, Viera etc. Somehow I feel he lacks a little something, may be it's all too much action but not enough authority, control, and intelligence. We really need a world class engine room, someone with that little bit extra, to compete with Chesea, Liverpool, Barcelona, Milan etc. Imagine where we are in world football, and I think we need nothing short of a genius to really put us right back at the top again. I may be wrong but it's just an opinion. I also rate Carrick as a very good player, but again still doubting if he is superb and special enough to be our main engine room. RvN will probably be sold, and we would probably be getting 2 central midfielders, and either a winger or a striker. BUt we need all 3 of the very best for those positions. Just look at what Ronaldinho did for Barca and how he lifted Barca back to the top again. We just need 1-2 world beaters and we are set. Is Zokora really exceptional enough or just another good player?
Good luck with that.

Parks Life

crazy devil said:
Carrick + Zokora for me ..
Spot on, it looks like we are still after Carrick and Diarra but Zakora not Makoun or Deuscher should be the back up if we can't get Diarra.

Boogie Woogie

has quit smoking that shit
Expect very high $$$ for players of the calibre of Roy Keane . And where do find such players at the moment .

Fergie can only look for talented players . Our transfer budget is not sufficient enough to buy world class players in their prime , i mean lets face it , we are no Chelsea .

Lets stick with the Zokora's and Carrick's of this world . Young talent that can grow with the club .

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
That would be a fantastic midfield partnership, Carrick and Zokora I mean. But by the looks of it Zokora will be going to Spurs, IF you sign Carrick that is.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Sheep7!!!! said:
yaya toure is a much better player imo, a much better all round game, very viera like.
Too bad, 'cos he'll be coming to us this summer.