Zarate to sign for Birmingham

Brophs

The One and Only
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3059083,00.html

Birmingham will unveil the signing of Mauro Zarate this weekend, skysports.com understands.

The Blues were forced to wait for the Argentine striker as he played his last game for his Qatarian club Al-Sadd.

And Zarate signed off in style as he scored and set-up two in a 4-0 win over rivals Al-Gharrafa.

Skysports.com can also reveal that both Liverpool and Newcastle failed in last-ditch approaches for Zarate - as Birmingham already had an agreement in place.

Zarate will sign on-loan for the rest of the season at which point he is expected to seal a permanent deal.

The 20 year-year-old flys into England early on Sunday and will be at St Andrews for Birmingham's clash with Chelsea.

Football Manager legend. Seems to have a bit of a reputation as being pretty disloyal though, expect him to be looking for a move before too long.

Epic

He's fecking immense in FM. Great signing for Brum if he's half as good in real life.

VoetbalWizard

i still have no clue how the brummies pulled this of or why he even decided to go there. i am sure bigger clubs in warmer climates (i.e. spain) would've wanted him. He was quality this past summer at the u-20's. will be interesting to see how he does. My guess is he'll do well and force a move into the top four in 2 years.

Sjarkus

So, Chief; reckon you've watched this one closely, probably more than 10-15 games, too. What do you reckon? Is he Premier League-quality?

Of course I take it for granted that in this wonderful country you live in(Utopia, was it?) you get live games from the league in Quatar.