Ze Castro

032Devil

Big guns eyeing Ze Castro swoop

Manchester United and Chelsea are set to do battle in the transfer market once again with the Atletico Madrid defender Ze Castro reported to be the latest object of their desires.

The Portuguese has attracted interest from a host of clubs this summer, with Chelsea already believed to have had a bid knocked back as the Spanish side look to hold onto their star.

The Portuguese regional newspaper Diario As Beiras has reported that several English clubs made enquiries about the player before the Primera Liga season ended last weekend, but that Atletico are determined to resist all offers and allow him to blossom into one of Europe's top defenders at the Vicente Calderón Stadium.

Ze Castro, a former Portuguese Under-21 international, made 23 appearances for Los Colchoneros last season, scoring twice and kept Spain international Pablo Ibanez on the bench after the Spaniard returned from injury.

He is believed to be keen on a possible move to England, where there has always been interest in him, Newcastle United having been linked with the player before he opted to move to Spain.

Same story on several websites. Mention of United seems to be an after-thought though.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
He's a central defender ... bollocks story

kanchelskis14

I know feck all about him, but K-14 gave us Anderson, and I am just a mere mortal, so I go along with him and say he is rubbish:lol:
:lol:

He really isn't that good, nowhere near physical enough to be a top centre-half, and has been embarrassed regularly for Atletico this season.

Paolo Da Costa is by far Portugal's most promising centre-half, and one of Europe's most promising too.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button

He really isn't that good, nowhere near physical enough to be a top centre-half, and has been embarrassed regularly for Atletico this season.

Paolo Da Costa is by far Portugal's most promising centre-half, and one of Europe's most promising too.
I actually agree. Him and Fabiano Eller is the reason Atletico conceded alot of goals later on in the season. If we go for a defender from there i suggest Pablo to be the best option.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet

Da Costa is good as is Joao Perreira.Perreira, a right back impressed me very much in the Euro Championships.