ze roberto

Zinedine

The Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal, Death-Defying
on a free, old but can still get about. if were gonna be splashing big cash on the likes of carrick, diarra , torres etc i think we still need 2 central midfielders and he would be perfect on a free transfer and also only inter are interrested out of the big teams. good on the ball, can pass well and can dribble which can help in a central midfeild position.

united are never clever in the transfer market in picking up players like this, who may only have a couple seasons left but would be very very good value for money.

Mainoldo

His 32 or 31 and is an traditional winger!! hence Ryan Giggs so there is nothing clever about going for him as he would be irrelavent to us

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So was Kleberson.

I doubt that player who played as a winger for his entire club career would suddenly become a solution for our midfield problems. He could be a squad player for us, getting 15 games a season but that's not what he'd like to do surely.

By the way, I thought he was close to signing for Inter or Roma, the latter have hunted for him for years.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
An aged, skinny, Brazillian, Left-Winger being deployed as a CM...

Doesn't bode well.

And did I mention he is Brazillian?

Dark Devil

He'd be a great signing on a free. Good player as both a winger and CM. Always liked him when I've seen him for either Bayern or Brazil. He was voted MOM against Australia the other day.

Sarni

Dark Devil said:
He'd be a great signing on a free. Good player as both a winger and CM. Always liked him when I've seen him for either Bayern or Brazil. He was voted MOM against Australia the other day.
It's not necessarily as cheap as you'd think.

He would probably demand wages of 50K per week over three years.

Dark Devil

Not cheap? Compared to what? £24 million up front and 100K per week?

Anyway. Doesn't Fletcher earn about that much? Because he's miles better than Fletch.

Zinedine

The Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal, Death-Defying
Sarni said:
So was Kleberson.

I doubt that player who played as a winger for his entire club career would suddenly become a solution for our midfield problems. He could be a squad player for us, getting 15 games a season but that's not what he'd like to do surely.

By the way, I thought he was close to signing for Inter or Roma, the latter have hunted for him for years.
so was kleberson, veron failed riquelme will, another djemba djemba.

the people on this forum have a problem that they think people from the same league or country are all the same.:wenger:

judge a player on his own merits for godsake!

hes kept gilberto out the brasil team in midfeild and im sure you'd agree hes not bad.

the guy is free and would be a much better option then some of the mediocre players mentioned.

and like i send in my first post if we spend big on our main targets there wont be much cash left.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
been in fine form for brazil last few games, looks likea world class DM

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
You are joking, of course. He's been shit in the last few games. Shit.

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
Sheep7!!!! said:
so was kleberson, veron failed riquelme will, another djemba djemba.

the people on this forum have a problem that they think people from the same league or country are all the same.:wenger:

judge a player on his own merits for godsake!

hes kept gilberto out the brasil team in midfeild and im sure you'd agree hes not bad.

the guy is free and would be a much better option then some of the mediocre players mentioned.

and like i send in my first post if we spend big on our main targets there wont be much cash left.
Silva deserves to start for Brazil ahead of Emerson and Ze Roberto.

Dark Devil

sincher said:
You are joking, of course. He's been shit in the last few games. Shit.
Why was he voted MOM then? Did you even see the games.

sincher

Dark Devil said:
Why was he voted MOM then? Did you even see the games.
I saw both Brazil games, and if he was voted MOM in either of them, whoever did so is an idiot. Kaka was Brazil's best player in both games, without any question at all.

Dark Devil

sincher said:
I saw both Brazil games, and if he was voted MOM in either of them, whoever did so is an idiot. Kaka was Brazil's best player in both games, without any question at all.
You know there's a lot more to a game of footie than attacking. How many Aussie attacks did he break up?

Dark Devil

OMG. He lost his place as left winger for Brazil. That means he's shite. It's not like Brazil have any decent left wingers...

Sarni

Well.

Chelsea have Ballack, Makelele and Lampard. All natural midfielders.

Liverpool have Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko. All natural midfielders.

And we'd like to compete with them and show our ambitions by signing a 32-year old winger who was moved into the midfield only because he was not good enough to make it on the wing and was too good to sit on bench.

Moreover, Ze Roberto is Brazilian and we have bad experience with our last Brazilian signing and another bad point is that he'd surely demand first team football at this stage of his career, we can't assure him of that.

We've already moved a left-winger to midfield, why would we need another left-footed winger playing there?

The fact that he's out of contract doesn't necessarily mean that he'd be a bargain.

Dark Devil

No-one here is saying he should be our only signing. Far from that.

We're just saying he would be a decent player to have. Better than any of our current CMs (except for maybe Scholes IF he can see wtf he's doing) and he could also cover as left winger.

Signing him would be a good idea unless we buy more than two younger midfielders.

As to Kleberson. It's idiotic to swear off Brazilians because of him. Should we never sign a African becuase of DD, any Argies because of Veron, any Scots because of Fletch?
winger who was moved into the midfield only because he was not good enough to make it on the wing
You to know who plays on the left wing for Brazil`?

sincher

He's good but not nearly as good as he's made out to be, doesn't score many, is no longer quick enough to play in his natural position and isn't what we need.

Boogie Woogie

has quit smoking that shit
Why can't United get rid of Fletcher and buy someone else with the cash FFS .

vijay

Ze Roberto is not the quintessential leftwinger or a quality central midfielder as many see here and also his goal tally is very poor for an attacking midfielder.

If we gonna persist with a three man midfield , he would fit on the inside left as he is defensively solid ,often drifts inside and breaks up attacks...more of a bit part player and shades of Kleberson on the inside right postion..Not the player we badly need right now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
vijay said:
Ze Roberto is not the quintessential leftwinger or a quality central midfielder as many see here and also his goal tally is very poor for an attacking midfielder.

If we gonna persist with a three man midfield , he would fit on the inside left as he is defensively solid ,often drifts inside and breaks up attacks...more of a bit part player and shades of Kleberson on the inside right postion..Not the player we badly need right now.
He is far far superior to Kleberson. Ze Roberto has much better technique, he gets stuck in, hes strong on the ball. He isnt a long term solution and shouldnt be our main target, and probably isnt suited to a 442. But IMO would be a good addition on a free transfer.

vijay

amolbhatia100 said:
He is far far superior to Kleberson. Ze Roberto has much better technique, he gets stuck in, hes strong on the ball. He isnt a long term solution and shouldnt be our main target, and probably isnt suited to a 442. But IMO would be a good addition on a free transfer.
He is more experienced and so a better player but I thought he played his best football before 2004.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
How about that Valencia kid from Ecuador?

He's looked the goods so far.