Zhirkov to Chelsea

Sauxees Moi Hui

A Russian website is reporting that the deal is to be finalized within the next 48 hours, with Chelsea's agents already in Moscow to discuss the transfer. The fee will be between 15 and 20 million pounds (another website is reporting "over 18 million pounds").

Big loss for CSKA. Let's see how well he plays in England.

Justin

Roman to ruin the career of another Russian player.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Who was the previous Russian player whose career was ruined by Abramovich?

Unless you mean Sheva, who's Ukrainian.
I'd assume he means Jarosik and Smertin, but then they were always rubbish.

Completely pointless comment like, but there you go.

EZee

wll if they sign him i suppose that they will be looking to play cole and zirkhov down the left???

would they be looking to go 442?...

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Odd signing considering they already have Cashley at left back and Malouda at left wing.

Good player but not really what they need.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
They have Cole, Malouda and J.Cole. When I read he plays all along the left flank, I could see the sense in having a quality utility man. But £18m is a lot of money for a player of that ilk.

What they still really lack is pace and creativity in attacking areas - their midfield and forwards are more prosaic talents.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
They have Cole, Malouda and J.Cole. When I read he plays all along the left flank, I could see the sense in having a quality utility man. But £18m is a lot of money for a player of that ilk.

What they still really lack is pace and creativity in attacking areas - their midfield and forwards are more prosaic talents.
Firstly he is a quality player and he may not be worth the amount quoted but will do a great job for Chelsea if played right.. He can become the 1st choice left winger for them and will also automatically be the second choice for their left back spot..

So this deal makes perfect sense to me.. If Ashley Cole were to get injured rather than changing another defenders position (to play LB like Bosingwa, Ivanovic or Mancienne) they would rather just put in another winger instead of Zhirkov who will slot back to LB with ease..