Zlatan goes on strike

Jacob

Bring him in, I for one rate him. People are just plain stupid when they say Zlatan suck. He showed what he can do in his first season at Juventus, scoring more goals in his first season than anybody had done before, this while not being an out-and-out striker. He's not the best finisher, but he has a very good physique and excellent technique, with many years ahead of him. Fergie could do wonders with this guy.

izzydiggler

Good player but the fact that he's on strike gives you the answer to why we shouldn't sign him!!

2red4U

Jacob said:
Bring him in, I for one rate him. People are just plain stupid when they say Zlatan suck. He showed what he can do in his first season at Juventus, scoring more goals in his first season than anybody had done before, this while not being an out-and-out striker. He's not the best finisher, but he has a very good physique and excellent technique, with many years ahead of him. Fergie could do wonders with this guy.
agree, the only problem is his attitude, but Ferige would know what to do

Jacob

izzydiggler said:
Good player but the fact that he's on strike gives you the answer to why we shouldn't sign him!!
We won't be relegated for cheating though, that's the reason behind his strike. Who would wan't to play for a relegated cheating club, except for the players who want to look loyal.

izzydiggler

Jacob said:
We won't be relegated for cheating though, that's the reason behind his strike. Who would wan't to play for a relegated cheating club, except for the players who want to look loyal.
Are you being serious? He has no sense of loyalty or morals, he's already said the contract offer to him by Juve was not enough so he wants to go.

Say we did buy him and he's scores a few goals, he'd want more money and end up pissing off to the highest bidder!

Maybe I'm being idealistic but IMO there is no place for the likes of him at OT!!

Ronaldo07

Beanpole studying Irish history
Fighting over the internet is like being David Bel
Jacob said:
He's a dickhead and an arrogant one at that. he thinks he's god's gift to footballl when he managed 4 Serie A goals in all of last season adn was abysmal at the WC

izzydiggler

kanchelskis14 said:
Didn't Saha threaten to do something similar?
Yeah he did. I don't think that he should be at OT either!

There will come a time when a club actually makes a stand against a wantaway player by actually letting him rot in the reserves for 4 years rather than sell him. Chelsea are probably the only team that could afford to but.........

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
kanchelskis14 said:
Didn't Saha threaten to do something similar?
Yes and Evra was threatening to do something similar. I somehow understand Zlatan he's 24 years old and is being forced to play in Serie B while other players have been sold it's not fair.

Jacob

izzydiggler said:
Are you being serious? He has no sense of loyalty or morals, he's already said the contract offer to him by Juve was not enough so he wants to go.

Say we did buy him and he's scores a few goals, he'd want more money and end up pissing off to the highest bidder!

Maybe I'm being idealistic but IMO there is no place for the likes of him at OT!!
Why should he be loyal to Juventus? FFS you talk like he's their Giggs or something. Besides, this talk about his ego and attitude is just overblown. Zlatan is a professional and knows which lines not to cross. Players need to be confident nowadays, without his cockyness he wouldn't be half of what he is. So what if he had a bad World Cup, his price went down. If Capello (One of the world's finest) reckon Zlatan as an immense talent, why shouldn't we. Just look at how Zlatan did at Ajax, their style of play is more lika ours than Juventus'. There's no reason why he wouldn't cut it in the PL. His mentality reminds me of Cantona.

izzydiggler

Jacob said:
Why should he be loyal to Juventus? FFS you talk like he's their Giggs or something. Besides, this talk about his ego and attitude is just overblown. Zlatan is a professional and knows which lines not to cross. Players need to be confident nowadays, without his cockyness he wouldn't be half of what he is. So what if he had a bad World Cup, his price went down. If Capello (One of the world's finest) reckon Zlatan as an immense talent, why shouldn't we. Just look at how Zlatan did at Ajax, their style of play is more lika ours than Juventus'. There's no reason why he wouldn't cut it in the PL. His mentality reminds me of Cantona.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't think going on strike is crossing the line?!?!

Jacob

izzydiggler said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't think going on strike is crossing the line?!?!
Why are you beeing so naive? Many international players have done that troughout the years. It's not like he has done that in each and every club he has played in. Some people feel offended and not comfortable playing, in a club which you just found out managed to win two of their last titles by fecking cheating you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime! Asking for a payrise is just another way to break loose from Juventus, he knows it's not the time to increase salaries for Juventus.

Jacob

I think he will stay at Juventus, even against his mind. Deschamps has no intention to sell players, especially in the attacking department.

kanchelskis14

Mozza said:
He's shite
You say that about a lot of players. Have you ever actually seen a shite player? If Aimar and Zlatan are shite, damn, there are some players in the world who's lack of ability is hard to define.

izzydiggler

Jacob said:
Why are you beeing so naive? Many international players have done that troughout the years. It's not like he has done that in each and every club he has played in. Some people feel offended and not comfortable playing, in a club which you just found out managed to win two of their last titles by fecking cheating you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime! Asking for a payrise is just another way to break loose from Juventus, he knows it's not the time to increase salaries for Juventus.
I am not being naive! I know why he's fecking doing it. I am stating that he has an attitude problem! And this cheating excuse is bullshit! The only reason he doesn't want to play for them is because he's got to play in Serie B! How many Milan players have asked to leave because they don't want to play for a team of cheats? Do you honestly believe that he wants to leave because he's so noble that he can't play for a team that has cheated?!?! It is you my friend who is naive and a Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime!

Jacob

So be it, we share diffrent opinions on this matter mate. I don't have the strenght nor the will to discuss this any more, sorry.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Everyone at the age of 22 would ask for transfer if he found himself in situation Ibrahimovic is right now. Emerson, Cannavaro, Thuram and Zambrotta have already left the club, the only problem Ibrahimovic has is that Juventus' board put a ridiculous price tag on him that no one is going to match. That's why he went on strike, he is a sort of player who won't accept any fate only because it looks polite in certain position. He also forced his way out from Ajax with quite outrageous methods, he was expressing his unhappiness quite distinctly there too.

I wouldn't blame him for being too ambitious, he wants to play at the highest level and that's understandable. The fact that he makes it in a such an extreme way is obviously not that likeable though.

Oldham

He's fat and lazy. I don't think he'll fulfill his huge potential. Don't want him at Man Utd.

Guess Jacob is swedish, they love him over there...

Sarni

Under Ferguson, he could develop into level he is capable of reaching definitely. I'm not a big fan of him, but quite frankly, he would be a good addition at reasonable price and I surely wouldn't cry if we signed him. He has potential to join world's best strikers and form an outstanding partnership with Rooney.

His main asset is that despite being tall he can control ball very well, unlike other tall players like our favourite Crouch, Heskey or John Carew. I'd say tall player with control of Ibrahimovic's is always a lethal weapon for team.

Sarni

Jon Paul said:
Imo his pricetag isn't worth the risk, we should loan him then send him back.
If reports about 28 million valuation are true, then his price is more than not worth the risk. It's RIDICULOUS.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Sarni said:
If reports about 28 million valuation are true, then his price is more than not worth the risk. It's RIDICULOUS.
They won't get £28 mill for him. It's to scare Inter and Milan. And Juve could sell him cheaper to a club in Spain or England just to stop him from going to Inter or Milan.

RapidRed

I've only seen him in CL and international games and hes been shite pretty much every time I've seen him. I believe he is massively overrated.

No way they will get 28m for him even if he went to the Russian mafia.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Sarni said:
Everyone at the age of 22 would ask for transfer if he found himself in situation Ibrahimovic is right now. Emerson, Cannavaro, Thuram and Zambrotta have already left the club, the only problem Ibrahimovic has is that Juventus' board put a ridiculous price tag on him that no one is going to match. That's why he went on strike, he is a sort of player who won't accept any fate only because it looks polite in certain position. He also forced his way out from Ajax with quite outrageous methods, he was expressing his unhappiness quite distinctly there too.

I wouldn't blame him for being too ambitious, he wants to play at the highest level and that's understandable. The fact that he makes it in a such an extreme way is obviously not that likeable though.
Man Utd do not need that sort of player. Even a player with the talent of Zlatan. He has a completely arrogant mentality and is unlikely to win many plaudits among his own team mates. Would rather a player who is willing to work, with the added bonus of technical ability and physical stature. Cannot really think of any possible contenders who are more than a transfer muppet's wet dream at the moment though.

Mainoldo

RapidRed said:
I've only seen him in CL and international games and hes been shite pretty much every time I've seen him. I believe he is massively overrated.

No way they will get 28m for him even if he went to the Russian mafia.
Didn't impress you against Liverpool and Real Madrid then???? or didn't you see them games!! He's not overrated you just don't watch enough of him. People always critise what they hardly see, a bit most of Spain think Gerrard's rubbish did do it at the world cup or Euro's

Sarni

KingEric7 said:
Man Utd do not need that sort of player. Even a player with the talent of Zlatan. He has a completely arrogant mentality and is unlikely to win many plaudits among his own team mates. Would rather a player who is willing to work, with the added bonus of technical ability and physical stature. Cannot really think of any possible contenders who are more than a transfer muppet's wet dream at the moment though.
You can always expect Fergie to sort Ibrahimovic out once he's been signed. On the other hand, if he fails to, then Ibrahimovic will be on his way out regardless his performances.

One thing is sure, signing Ibrahimovic would be a gamble, but it's this sort of gamble that paying off would give you unbelievable benefits.

CapeTownRed

KingEric7 said:
Not saying whether I think he's good enough or not, but since when did you need to be a nice guy to be a good footballer? I seem to remember a certain arrogant Frenchman who did well for this club not long ago. Attitude towards football is what counts - does he have the winning mentality, is he prepared to work hard etc. And as for getting on with his team mates - they don't have to like you, just respect you. If Zlatan comes here and plays well before opening his mouth, few people will care, and I'm not one of the few.

izzydiggler

CapeTownRed said:
Not saying whether I think he's good enough or not, but since when did you need to be a nice guy to be a good footballer? I seem to remember a certain arrogant Frenchman who did well for this club not long ago. Attitude towards football is what counts - does he have the winning mentality, is he prepared to work hard etc. And as for getting on with his team mates - they don't have to like you, just respect you. If Zlatan comes here and plays well before opening his mouth, few people will care, and I'm not one of the few.
Yes Cantona may have been a bit arrogant but Zlatan is a different proposition! Would Eric have gone on strike? I don't think so-he loved and still does the club. His name is still sung from the crowds. The only song about Zlatan sung in Turin will involve the word cnut!! Eric used to stay after training and this inspired the youngsters etc. If he was amazing then SAF may have put up with it but he scored 4 goals last season! OK he is a good player but not worth the risk, besides I don't think there's any chance of him coming to OT!

heffa

Big cow?
Not surprising that he went on strike, he will never play for Juventus again as he will sue the club and they will either decide to let him leave to the highest bidder or he'll win and leave on a free. It's not his fault they got relegated it is the triad in charge of the club. They got the team relegated for match-fixing. Why should Zlatan stay and have his career ruined why others leave when he has done nothing wrong?

Sarni

heffa said:
Not surprising that he went on strike, he will never play for Juventus again as he will sue the club and they will either decide to let him leave to the highest bidder or he'll win and leave on a free. It's not his fault they got relegated it is the triad in charge of the club. They got the team relegated for match-fixing. Why should Zlatan stay and have his career ruined why others leave when he has done nothing wrong?
Why would he sue them? He signed a contract that ties him with Juventus till 2009 and he has to respect it, regardless circumstances, I think. Unless his contract has a lot of ifs, I doubt it though. Being a Juventus' player, he was obviously engaged in this affair to some extent, I just don't buy theory that players knew nothing about directors' deceits. They were too plain to be unnoticed.

He is just trying to force his way out and express his disapproval for Juventus' attempts to keep him at club.

Sarni

marcus agrippa said:
that may be, Sarni, but i can't see why Juve would want to keep a player who's so insistent on leaving. can hardly be good for team morale.
They are trying to weigh up his price, they lost a lot of money on other players and they don't want to lose equally much on Ibrahimovic. They also want to use fact that he is way younger than ones that left Juventus recently and acts as if one year break didn't matter to him. Ibrahimovic spoils their plan though by expressing his unhappiness, they won't be able to get as much as they could definitely.

For Emerson, Zambrotta, Thuram and Cannavaro situation was simple, they could either leave club and get a couple more years of highest level performances or stay at Juventus to basically lose two or even three years of top football. At this stage of career, they could have generally said that staying would have meant no more highest level football. Ibrahimovic is a different case because he is still young and even with three years without Champions League or one year without Serie A wouldn't harm him as much, he could still win things with current club. Every wise director would use that to increase the price. It's a viable action.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
Zlatan's holding out because his agent thinks it's the only way to get him out of Juve. The agent has already gone on record threatening to sue for his release. They are desperate to get him out of there and it looks like their willing to do whatever it takes to free him.

As far as being a player goes, I think he can be a quality player if he wants to. IMO his attitude is what is stopping him from being a consistant performer. If you compare all the world's top players, one thing is similar and that is they always give their best on the pitch. Sometimes it seems Ibrahimovich is disinterested and his performances show that.

Sarni

RedCanadian said:
Zlatan's holding out because his agent thinks it's the only way to get him out of Juve. The agent has already gone on record threatening to sue for his release. They are desperate to get him out of there and it looks like their willing to do whatever it takes to free him.
If Juventus board decides to keep him against his will, they are silly. With recent events his transfer should be imminent for both sides because it's simply unfair to fight for services of player who joined team with plans to play on the highest level for years and then was dropped into lower division with no crucial influence on this matter.

If he decides to sue them, it's silly too because he has a very little chance of winning trial and it will surely go long after transfer windows closes.

They should work out some settlement, it would be good for both sides.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
Sarni said:
They should work out some settlement, it would be good for both sides.
Totally agreed! It makes little sense for either side to dig their feet in on this. The only reason I can see Juve putting up a fight is to show players that the club is the boss and not the players that run the show. But that could certainly hurt team morale.

Sarni

RedCanadian said:
Totally agreed! It makes little sense for either side to dig their feet in on this. The only reason I can see Juve putting up a fight is to show players that the club is the boss and not the players that run the show. But that could certainly hurt team morale.
It would make a prison of them, team that sign players, then disappoint them by being engaged in a major scandal, accused of fixing games. After being relegated, they keep their player against their will, what sort of clubs are they then? Reputation goes down significantly, they don't need it.