Zlatan Ibrahimovic | Rises a day early

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Wouldn’t surprise me if we went in for him on loan in a few months.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Came out with an epic comment about an opposition player who had squared up to him post match too.

Something like "I have more goals than he has appearances so he has to play by my rules". Paraphrasing here but was funny.
Not really funny when it isn't true. You can't really just make up stats and claim it's funny. He probably has more goals than over 95% of players have appearances. Unfortunately for this joke Michael Bradley isn't one of them. Even funnier joke is who has more World Cup goals? Michael Bradley.

Fantastic goal but yet still couldn't get a win for his team. Instead two guys I grew up with scored to get the win.

Varun

Staff
Not really funny when it isn't true. You can't really just make up stats and claim it's funny. He probably has more goals than over 95% of players have appearances. Unfortunately for this joke Michael Bradley isn't one of them. Even funnier joke is who has more World Cup goals? Michael Bradley.

Fantastic goal but yet still couldn't get a win for his team. Instead two guys I grew up with scored to get the win.
You've taken it too literally. He wanted to put Bradley in his place and take a funny dig. No one cares whether Bradley actually has more appearances just as no one cares he has more WC goals.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
You've taken it too literally. He wanted to put Bradley in his place and take a funny dig. No one cares whether Bradley actually has more appearances just as no one cares he has more WC goals.
And I've scored more goals than Ibra. See it isn't true so it isn't funny. He's said something false and lost the game. I'm sure Bradley is real worried.

el3mel

Calm down a little bit. You're a bit too angry on a trivial thing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I can understand @limerickcitykid's sentiments here. Here is everyone on the Caf lapping up Ibra and making him out to be some very good player whilst Ibra himself keeps lapping up all of the praise for his goal. On top of that, the majority of the crowd were Ibra fanboys/girls instead of TFC fans (that's why his goal was celebrated so loudly). There were also a few fans around me who had a go at the refs/our team whenever Ibra was stopped.

What I saw from Ibra was the exact opposite of what everyone thinks. For his sake, I hope that he doesn't come back to Europe and ruin his legacy. That goal was his only contribution to the match. The rest of the time, he performed even worse than when he did for us (but Ibra and his fans will tend to ignore that). His final ball was horrible; his touches were loose and sloppy; his finishing was generally wayward; he was almost always offside (in some instances, he was too lazy to get back into/check his position); he also threw a strop at the end of the match and had a go Bradley who dominated him for much of the match.

After all of that, you have the city of Toronto, the Caf, and the rest of the footballing world go gaga over him and wonder whether he can still make an impact here. You also have Ibra make it appear as if he "conquered" TFC and Toronto. Sorry, but as much of a lion as he makes himself out to be, he was but a mere kitten imitating a lion's growl on that Saturday night.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

:lol:

Vernon Philander

Even funnier joke is who has more World Cup goals? Michael Bradley.

US have far easier qualification to WC than Sweden. Also small sample size etc. But I understand your general frustration.

When did Ibra become a defender? Isn't LAG's main issue that they keep conceding an obscene number of goals, not that they can't score any.

simplyared

I can understand @limerickcitykid's sentiments here. Here is everyone on the Caf lapping up Ibra and making him out to be some very good player whilst Ibra himself keeps lapping up all of the praise for his goal. On top of that, the majority of the crowd were Ibra fanboys/girls instead of TFC fans (that's why his goal was celebrated so loudly). There were also a few fans around me who had a go at the refs/our team whenever Ibra was stopped.

What I saw from Ibra was the exact opposite of what everyone thinks. For his sake, I hope that he doesn't come back to Europe and ruin his legacy. That goal was his only contribution to the match. The rest of the time, he performed even worse than when he did for us (but Ibra and his fans will tend to ignore that). His final ball was horrible; his touches were loose and sloppy; his finishing was generally wayward; he was almost always offside (in some instances, he was too lazy to get back into/check his position); he also threw a strop at the end of the match and had a go Bradley who dominated him for much of the match.

After all of that, you have the city of Toronto, the Caf, and the rest of the footballing world go gaga over him and wonder whether he can still make an impact here. You also have Ibra make it appear as if he "conquered" TFC and Toronto. Sorry, but as much of a lion as he makes himself out to be, he was but a mere kitten imitating a lion's growl on that Saturday night.
Good points! Most overrated player on the planet.

Bojan11

His presence in the dressing room especially is missed. Especially as he probably would help Jose deal with the Pogba and Mino situation.

Treble

His presence in the dressing room especially is missed. Especially as he probably would help Jose deal with the Pogba and Mino situation.
His presence there led us to 6th, our 2nd worst finish in the PL history. He's hardly missed.

Jose can't deal with the players because they see that the rivals play much better and more successful football. Nobody could help you deal with that.

AndyJ1985

Wouldn't mind having him back at the club just to knock that big head Pogba down a peg or two.

Godfather

Yep I think so too. Would take him back as well for the remainder of the season.

Bojan11

His presence there led us to 6th, our 2nd worst finish in the PL history. He's hardly missed.

Jose can't deal with the players because they see that the rivals play much better and more successful football. Nobody could help you deal with that.
When did I mention league positions? I said his presence was lost in the dressing room as he was one of the few leaders we had in the dressing room. He had close relationships with both Jose and Pogba.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
It's kinda weird we have 1 striker. If Lukaku got injured what would we do? Rashford up front? We would be in huge trouble.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
If Lukaku dis get injured it would be interesting to see what Jose would do.

A-man

Zlatan’s stats from MLS:
0.96 goals per 90 minutes
1.40 goals +assists per match

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48098700

Being a bit of a clown by the sound of it.

What happened and what was said?
The first flashpoint came in the 60th minute, when 37-year-old Ibrahimovic was booked for dragging Onuoha to the ground by his neck in an off-the-ball incident.

Onuoha said the former Manchester United striker then made the threats to him following another challenge shortly afterwards.

"This time he hit me on top of head. I was again thinking: 'What is going on here?'" Onuoha told BBC Sport.

"He kept saying: 'You know what? I am going to hurt you. I am going to do you. You just watch, there is enough time, I am going to do you.'"

After Ibrahimovic scored, Onuoha claims the former Sweden international told him: "You don't mess with me in the game. You don't mess with me."

Once the game was over, Ibrahimovic came into Real's dressing room, later telling reporters: "I went to shake their hands, no big issues."

Describing the moment, Onuoha, who joined Real in 2018, said: "He started coming towards me and said, 'have you calmed down, big man?'

"The amount of disrespect he showed me on the field - I want to let things go, but I can't let them go, especially when it is so raw.

"The way he came in was almost arrogant in itself, trying to be all friendly. But this is the guy who fouled me on the field, tried to embarrass me when they scored, then he comes in to try and allegedly apologise.

"I do not think he is a good person, so I am not going to offer my hand and, in no uncertain terms, I told him to get out."

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Onouha comes off a little precious there, God help him if he ever comes up against Diego Costa.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48098700

Being a bit of a clown by the sound of it.

What happened and what was said?
The first flashpoint came in the 60th minute, when 37-year-old Ibrahimovic was booked for dragging Onuoha to the ground by his neck in an off-the-ball incident.

Onuoha said the former Manchester United striker then made the threats to him following another challenge shortly afterwards.

"This time he hit me on top of head. I was again thinking: 'What is going on here?'" Onuoha told BBC Sport.

"He kept saying: 'You know what? I am going to hurt you. I am going to do you. You just watch, there is enough time, I am going to do you.'"

After Ibrahimovic scored, Onuoha claims the former Sweden international told him: "You don't mess with me in the game. You don't mess with me."

Once the game was over, Ibrahimovic came into Real's dressing room, later telling reporters: "I went to shake their hands, no big issues."

Describing the moment, Onuoha, who joined Real in 2018, said: "He started coming towards me and said, 'have you calmed down, big man?'

"The amount of disrespect he showed me on the field - I want to let things go, but I can't let them go, especially when it is so raw.

"The way he came in was almost arrogant in itself, trying to be all friendly. But this is the guy who fouled me on the field, tried to embarrass me when they scored, then he comes in to try and allegedly apologise.

"I do not think he is a good person, so I am not going to offer my hand and, in no uncertain terms, I told him to get out."
Really? This is such a common place in football matches that is only getting highlighted because it's about Zlatan.
I'm pretty sure his man marking was not being a clean one either.
Onuhoa plays the game for a long time, pretty sure he went through a similar situation dozens of times per season.