Ferguson is back in the Hunt

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
MANCHESTER UNITED are preparing a £12million offer for long-term target Klaas Jan Huntelaar.

Boss Alex Ferguson failed to get the prolific Ajax striker last January.

The towering Dutch international is in his third season with Ajax after spells with PSV Eindhoven and Heerenveen.

He has scored 53 goals in just 65 games for the club and the 24-year-old has been compared to Dutch legend Marco van Basten and Ruud van Nistelrooy, who served under Fergie so well until his move to Real Madrid for £11m in July 2006.

Nicknamed ‘The Hunter’, Huntelaar has nine full international caps and three goals.

He is Holland’s top all-time Under-21 scorer with 18 goals in 22 games.

Huntelaar is also a target for Juventus and has been watched by Arsenal.

Ajax value the player at £18m but they are in financial trouble and may be forced to accept United’s first offer.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article674711.ece

pert

Good news if true

Unlikely because it's the Sun

VP

They probably took that story from the caf.

Bape

He'll most likely be off to Juventus, but wouldnt mind the hunter at all if this is true.

Danish Voice

If he failed to get him last January, why didn't he go for him in the summer then?

pert

"One poster, pert, claimed Huntelaar was having a medical at United's Carrington training ground yesterday"

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Huntelaar's been constantly linked to Chelsea in the past and now with Ten Cate on board, especially.

Since i don't follow Eredivisie i was wondering if he's so great how come he's still with Ajax?

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Huntelaar's been constantly linked to Chelsea in the past and now with Ten Cate on board, especially.

Since i don't follow Eredivisie i was wondering if he's so great how come he's still with Ajax?
He's turned down plenty of offers because he wanted to stay in Holland until he felt ready to move abroad.

Cali Red

Well he better move soon as he should be entering his prime. I really liked his play during the U21's. He'd be a good buy.

Justin

Unlikely at that price, but better than most Sun stories

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
A good player, doubt he will go for 12 million even if Ajax have financial problems. They will probably find more than one suitor and there will be a battle for his signature which drags the price up.

Bargain at 12 though.

The Hairdryer

Do we really need this fella with a strike force or Rooney, Tevez, Saha and Ronaldo?

I would prefer us to buy a Winger so Ronaldo can play a more roving/central/free/striking role.

032Devil

Do we really need this fella with a strike force or Rooney, Tevez, Saha and Ronaldo?

I would prefer us to buy a Winger so Ronaldo can play a more roving/central/free/striking role.
Ronaldo is a winger.

We've already got several wingers: Giggs, Ronaldo, Nani. Others can deputise too. We do need an out and out striker.

The Hairdryer

Giggs hasn't played as an out and out winger for a while, Nani is too inconsistant and Park's final balls are shite. Ronaldo likes to cut inside. We need a winger to get the crosses in and Ronaldo on the end of them.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
United have been brilliant over the last 18 Months since Ronaldo started cutting in more and playing a more free role.

The Hairdryer

United have been brilliant over the last 18 Months since Ronaldo started cutting in more and playing a more free role.
Exactly he's not an out and out winger anymore. If we signed a player who could knock balls in the box Beckham style it would add a whole other dimension to our attack which has kind of been lacking. Nani will can do this, but he is inconsistant and gets knocked off the ball easily.

bananaman

saw him live putting 2 past us (Rep of Ireleand) and setting up 2 in a friendly for Holland in Dublin.
People would say yes were a weakened team but in terms of movement and ability reminds me of van basten, hes a player like solkjaer in so far as nearly every shot is on target.
I think he would be brilliant for us.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

Berbatov or Benzema > Huntelaar

but it would be nice to buy Huntelaar if we can't have either Berba or Benzema..

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
Ronaldo scores 20+ a season and has shit loads of assists, from the wing. Why not continue to use his goal threat from the wing and have 2 strikers who both score plenty of goals?

Thank goodness this was about huntelaar. I thought it was about stephen hunt.
Me too. Was getting worried for a minute.

I have to agree. The man is lethal. Would be a great 4th option to have as a striker with our current midfield.
Thats a problem. Would a player like him be prepared to be a 4th choice striker? I doubt it.

buildabonfire

I've don't know whether he's all that, but surely 'Top Dutch player plays for top Dutch club' is not that much of a story?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Ronaldo scores 20+ a season and has shit loads of assists, from the wing. Why not continue to use his goal threat from the wing and have 2 strikers who both score plenty of goals?
He's not been hugging the touchline. Ronaldo scoring goals proves he has been playing more centrally, or cutting in, making it easier for him getting into the box. He's been quite a goal poacher lately.

Basically Evra has been our main winger.