Ferguson is back in the Hunt

DA2

75% of the people on here wanking about Hunter, haven't seen him play at all. That is a fact.

Me myself, never seem him play at all.
Spot on.... same for me, all I know is that apparently he has bad teeth.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

A great video lasting almost 10 minutes that takes you through whole Huntelaar's career. Splendid player.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
19 goals in 22 games this season.

Hist goal scoring record is fantastic, i know its only the Dutch league, but im pretty confident he could continue his great record in the Premiership.

He's a predator in the box, just like Ruud was for us.

jacoplane

REd FUn DevIl

I get the feeling that although hes a goalscorer, hes too limited. Not saw him alot though.
i get the same feeling, though i haven't seen him over the course of a full match.
I havent seen him at all, i just note that everytime Ajax score Huntelaar is almoust always on the scoreline. Apart from that we have seen Berbatov and know how he plays and that he has what it takes to success with us.

Red For Ever

Ronaldo scores 20+ a season and has shit loads of assists, from the wing. Why not continue to use his goal threat from the wing and have 2 strikers who both score plenty of goals?
and we might start winning 6 - 0

oh we did :D

Kiwi Red

Huntelaar is an out-and-out striker and could form a formidable frontline with either Wayne Rooney or Carlos Tevez dropping off the 6ft 1in striker.

Already Huntelaar has been touted as the new Ruud van Nistelrooy, a player sorely missed by United since his departure to Real Madrid in 2006.

This is taken from an article in the Telegraph - RVN "sorely missed" - what rubbish is that? Since he left, United have not only won the league, but have played the best football by a country mile.

Alex

I think it he could become a star or be a flop if United sign him, where as Berbatov is arguably a star already and would pretty much be guranteed to be able to hack at United and in England(which he has already proven)

Bape

I think it he could become a star or be a flop if United sign him, where as Berbatov is arguably a star already and would pretty much be guranteed to be able to hack at United and in England(which he has already proven)
He'll gurantee goals, no question.

Sam

Nevermind ;)
No, hang on a minute.

All I said was everyone went on about how Kezman will guarantee goals when he came to the Prem, just like you have about Huntelaar. The truth is, you cannot say for certain that a foreigner coming into the PL will guarantee goals. Many flop. Kezman, Forlan, Shevchenko to name just a few who were supposed to 'guarantee goals'.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
No, hang on a minute.

All I said was everyone went on about how Kezman will guarantee goals when he came to the Prem, just like you have about Huntelaar. The truth is, you cannot say for certain that a foreigner coming into the PL will guarantee goals. Many flop. Kezman, Forlan, Shevchenko to name just a few who were supposed to 'guarantee goals'.
Kezman went to a club where he wasn't a first choice striker, that doesn't help plus he had good record only in the league, outside he was always pretty poor.

Sam

True. But most people who haven't watched him can't fathom how good and natural a finisher this guy is. Currently In world football, I can say he has no equal.
Natural finishing, alone, won't make you succeed in the Premiership, just ask Shevchenko, it will definatly be a massive asset, but you have to have more than just the ability to finish. Now I've never seen the guy play, but from what I've heard about him, he is just a finisher, nothing else, of course, I don't know if thats true and even if it is, that doesn't mean he wouldn't succeed, but the whole debate started when someone said he will 'guarantee goals', something which is simply not true.

Sonny1972

i knew i was nuts when the squirrels started stari
Natural finishing, alone, won't make you succeed in the Premiership, just ask Shevchenko, it will definatly be a massive asset, but you have to have more than just the ability to finish. Now I've never seen the guy play, but from what I've heard about him, he is just a finisher, nothing else, of course, I don't know if thats true and even if it is, that doesn't mean he wouldn't succeed, but the whole debate started when someone said he will 'guarantee goals', something which is simply not true.

Ok didnt everyone expected Shevsjenko to put the EPL on fire??

acnumber9

Dirk Kuyt looked like a star in the Dutch league. Makes me very wary, but if Fergie has been watching him for a long time then maybe he has potential. I don't think we'll be signing him though.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Natural finishing, alone, won't make you succeed in the Premiership, just ask Shevchenko, .
That's a wrong example. Scheva is more than a finisher. I'd say Crespo instead. But I agree with your point

it will definatly be a massive asset, but you have to have more than just the ability to finish..
But this guy can. He is like Michael Owen, with less pace but much more brain. His off the ball and running is superb. Hist first touch good. His pace decent. Plus He is supreme in the air. His main weakness though is he is technically very basic a player. His hold up play. is not defined (To be fair to him though Ajax doesn't play a system that needs him to hold it up) plus there are question marks about how good he is at link up play. But with the creative Arsenal we currently have. He'd be in heaven..

Now I've never seen the guy play, but from what I've heard about him, he is just a finisher, nothing else, of course, I don't know if thats true and even if it is, that doesn't mean he wouldn't succeed, but the whole debate started when someone said he will 'guarantee goals', something which is simply not true.
I agree. Nothing is guaranteed with transfers. Nothing. We all just speculate. Scheva and Henry's current states can testify to this.

Chapster

That's a wrong example. Scheva is more than a finisher. I'd say Crespo instead. But I agree with your point

But this guy can. He is like Michael Owen, with less pace but much more brain. His off the ball and running is superb. Hist first touch good. His pace decent. Plus He is supreme in the air. His main weakness though is he is technically very basic a player. His hold up play. is not defined (To be fair to him though Ajax doesn't play a system that needs him to hold it up) plus there are question marks about how good he is at link up play. But with the creative Arsenal we currently have. He'd be in heaven..

I agree. Nothing is guaranteed with transfers. Nothing. We all just speculate. Scheva and Henry's current states can testify to this.
Think you've fallen into the gooners wankfest there. might need to remove the capital

covering your bases there mate!

Well to be honest I'd rather us get rossi back in the team. Since we aren't playing with as much width, we really don't need the strength in the air... only in corners and we have that with Saha, Ronaldo and Vidic

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Think you've fallen into the gooners wankfest there. might need to remove the capital
Please:rolleyes: feck Arsenal F.C. The world is an English word. Not just a club name...

Well to be honest I'd rather us get rossi back in the team. Since we aren't playing with as much width, we really don't need the strength in the air... only in corners and we have that with Saha, Ronaldo and Vidic
Huntelaar is not just about aerial power. He is about finishing and movement. Which even Rossi can't match.

D J Dog Toffee

His hold up play. is not defined (To be fair to him though Ajax doesn't play a system that needs him to hold it up) plus there are question marks about how good he is at link up play.
I caught a few Ajax games last year, and he was occasionally playing a holding role. He worked well with Sneijder and the other winger (whose name I forget right now?) But their inter-passing and movement was great.

And yes, he is lethal in the air.