Ferguson is back in the Hunt

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Giggs hasn't played as an out and out winger for a while, Nani is too inconsistant and Park's final balls are shite. Ronaldo likes to cut inside. We need a winger to get the crosses in and Ronaldo on the end of them.
He's better of doing that from the wing, he's normally bigger and stronger then any full back he faces, he'll be much closer matched in the center and better marked.

MUFCgal

Do we really need this fella with a strike force or Rooney, Tevez, Saha and Ronaldo?

I would prefer us to buy a Winger so Ronaldo can play a more roving/central/free/striking role.
I think we have enough wingers with Ronnie, Giggs, Nani and Park plus Evra likes to bomb down that left wing as well at times.
Ronaldo is a winger. Yeah he likes to cut inside now and have more of a free role which is great but we could still do with another striker. We have 3 strikers in Rooney, Tevez and Saha and I think we need a fourth. We need a big target man up front that can bang in a lot of goals, the way RVN did and I think Huntelaar could be that man.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
He's not been hugging the touchline. Ronaldo scoring goals proves he has been playing more centrally, or cutting in, making it easier for him getting into the box. He's been quite a goal poacher lately.

Basically Evra has been our main winger.
I'm not sure thats a 100% true, I reckon with the rest of the team improving he's getting more chances, he still mostly a winger.

Its been a long time since we've had a winger that hugged the touchlines, Beckham was the last man, Giggs never was.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I'm not sure thats a 100% true, I reckon with the rest of the team improving he's getting more chances, he still mostly a winger.

Its been a long time since we've had a winger that hugged the touchlines, Beckham was the last man, Giggs never was.
Giggs didn't use to cut in like Nani or Ronaldo though.

Mainoldo

Giggs didn't use to cut in like Nani or Ronaldo though.
Who cares.. We have wingers more of the Arsenal style now and it seems to be working, with no target man whats the need for continious crossing. If we were to get Huntelaar how ever we would need our wingers to hug the touchline more

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Who cares.. We have wingers more of the Arsenal style now and it seems to be working, with no target man whats the need for continious crossing. If we were to get Huntelaar how ever we would need our wingers to hug the touchline more
Except Arsenal do have a pair of big lumps to aim the ball at on occasion, they show that having such a player doesn't stop you playing football, neither did Ruud for us.

Mainoldo

Except Arsenal do have a pair of big lumps to aim the ball at on occasion, they show that having such a player doesn't stop you playing football, neither did Ruud for us.
I don't mind getting Huntelaar!! or a target man infact, i was just stating that there's nothing wrong with the way our wingers play!

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Not really. Our current midfield would suit Huntelaar down to the ground. He is real good at latching on to through balls.. and balls over the top

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's better of doing that from the wing, he's normally bigger and stronger then any full back he faces, he'll be much closer matched in the center and better marked.

He mostly roams around these days (free role) which make it very difficult for opposition to pick him up or mark.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Did anyone else think we were signing Stephen Hunt on opening this thread?

---

Is Huntelaar any good then or what?

Rahul

Great player, but were not getting anyone in this transfer window !

Would be a good summer signing, we could give them Dong in exchange.

Decotron

The one thing thats appeals to me about Huntelaar is his attitude. Our 4th striker needs not to be arsehole whos gonna moan everytime hes left out. Someone else mentioned a friendly against Ireland a while back. He was v. impressive live. Not so much the goals his movement was excellent. Since Ruud left we do miss an out and out finisher. Dont think it'll happen this month though, maybe in the summer.

London_Red

I exist
I have to admit i would be pretty happy with this signing.

Berbs seems to have a Cantona-esque look about him at times. The nonchalant way he strides around the pitch and pings balls left and right (however not saying he is in the same class as the King). However i still think he would cost to much, is a sulky bastard, is nearly 28 and his goal record isnt that fantatastic.

Huntelaar looks fantastic. 24 year old with pace, finishing, aerial ability and strength. For me only downside is the fact he isnt proven in the premiership but that only happens one way. He looks like he could be a fantastic player so i would not be annoyed if this rumour came to fruition.

REd FUn DevIl

I rather see us getting Berbatov. he is just fecking class.

I havent seen Huntelaar playing but everytime Ajax scores the Hunt is on the scoreline.

Whatever we aint gonna make any signings now.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I rather see us getting Berbatov. he is just fecking class.

I havent seen Huntelaar playing but everytime Ajax scores the Hunt is on the scoreline.

Whatever we aint gonna make any signings now.
We could get both though. Saha for my money will leave next summer...(and provided, Manucho and people like Campbell don't quite set the world alight then..)

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I was watching Sky Sports News this morning before work and there was an interview with David Gill. He reiterated that we were not pursuing anybody this transfer window.

I'd love us to buy a striker but i just can't see us signing anybody before the summer.

REd FUn DevIl

I think we have enough wingers with Ronnie, Giggs, Nani and Park plus Evra likes to bomb down that left wing as well at times.
Ronaldo is a winger. Yeah he likes to cut inside now and have more of a free role which is great but we could still do with another striker. We have 3 strikers in Rooney, Tevez and Saha and I think we need a fourth. We need a big target man up front that can bang in a lot of goals, the way RVN did and I think Huntelaar could be that man.
Exactly we are missing one more striker at the moment. The only striker i would consider official starter is Rooney, the rest should fight for their places, right now Tevez is Rooney's partner but if we get another one like Berbatov or Huntelaar then that position is open again.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I was watching Sky Sports News this morning before work and there was an interview with David Gill. He reiterated that we were not pursuing anybody this transfer window.

I'd love us to buy a striker but i just can't see us signing anybody before the summer.
he said we aren't signing anyone last time also...

i want hunter or berbs

:drool::drool:

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General
from my great experience of watching youtube clips...... :D

If he's as good as his clips he is deffinately worth a punt, especially for the price. He could be the real deal. "The next van basten" isn't a bad tagline to have, although those taglines that flow around rarely have much merit (Bellion next Henry) rings a bell.

We could do with another striker, currently we only ever seem to have 2 that are fit at a time, only have 3 when all are fit at the same time (Rare). Ofcourse unless you are counting on a Dong miracle, or if this Manucho bloke is good enough for first team action after the african cup.

Looking at the ever changing world of football, and how expensive the average player is getting, i'd say if £12mil was a genuine price tag for a 24 year old potentially world class player, then we should give him a go. I personally like it when SAF takes reasonble gambles, and in this case i feel that the potential benefits from buying Huntelaar heavily outway the bad.

Jacob

75% of the people on here wanking about Hunter, haven't seen him play at all. That is a fact.

Me myself, never seem him play at all.