£100 million for team building...

Bearded but no genius

100 mil for 5 years is just not enough if we seriously hope to compete with Chelsea.

We need at least 25 a year, I think, especially as we now look to replace Keano, Scholes, Giggs, and more in just the next 2-3.

This is what I feared.

soccerbest

Sir Alex Ferguson's job as Manchester United boss is not under threat despite Malcolm Glazer moving closer to buying the club, reports the Daily Express.
Glazer now has a 70% share in the club but the US tycoon wants Ferguson to stay on according to the newspaper's chief football writer Harry Harris.

"Ferguson will be offered a long-term contract as part of a five-year plan" Harris told BBC Radio Five Live.

"In that plan, he will be given £100m for new players."

Ferguson, who has been at the Old Trafford helm for more than 18 years, will begin a one-year rolling contract this summer.

However, Glazer is reported to be keen for the Scottish manager to oversee football affairs during what is set to be a difficult period of transition off the field.

The American tycoon is certain to shake-up the boardroom casting uncertainty over the future of chief executive David Gill.

Gill, who took over from Peter Kenyon in September 2003, recently referred to Glazer's takeover plan as "potentially damaging."

But Harris insisted that Gill's position would also be safe for now.

"David Gill will be kept in place as they (the Glazers) have complete confidence in the management team," Harris said.

"But the non-executive directors will be sacked while Joel and Avi Glazer will join the board."

The Guardian newspaper also reports Gill is expected to continue in the same position at Old Trafford.

Although, Malcolm Glazer's son Joel is expected to have a "active" role once he takes his place among the club's directors.

"The Glazers have a very high regard of David Gill," an advisor to the Glazers told The Guardian.

"They hope and expect that Gill will continue to do the job he has been doing.

"One of the reasons they want to buy Manchester United is that it is the best managed football club in England."

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
yeah, wich is exactly what houllier had with liverpool as well...'
£100mill extra in debt, 5 year plans, balls, hairy balls.
next thing we know, houllier is in charge and using his brilliant excuses for why everything went wrong "its the wind,and it only affected our players, though my new 5-year plan will save the day"

Bearded but no genius

ThomasM said:
yeah, wich is exactly what houllier had with liverpool as well...'
£100mill extra in debt, 5 year plans, balls, hairy balls.
next thing we know, houllier is in charge and using his brilliant excuses for why everything went wrong "its the wind,and it only affected our players, though my new 5-year plan will save the day"
I thought it was Harry Kewell who had the wind?

Gotta keep Rooney off the beans, then.

I'm not as worried about the 100 million in extra debt (because we simply HAVE to have a transfer kitty) as I'm afraid this mad scheme in general has seriously underestimated the necessary size of the transfer kitty (by as much as 50%), and the ability to generate revenue to pay it all back.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
the board was afraid that his economic plans were to aggressive, and that he wouldnt be able to bring in as much as he had planned..
lets just pray its not the scenario we are looking for.
also,keep in mind that the £100mill is part of a 5 year plan, wich means fergie is supposed to have £100mill spread,slice it up, and you "only" have £20mill each summer.

Bearded but no genius

ThomasM said:
also,keep in mind that the £100mill is part of a 5 year plan, wich means fergie is supposed to have £100mill spread,slice it up, and you "only" have £20mill each summer.
Exactly.

That would mean we would lose further ground to Chelsea. I think it takes 25-30 for the next few years, as we look to fill some serious holes in our team, and compete for quality players with the Mob, AND pay the 'United tax'.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
100m in a 5 year plan

Basically its 20m per year

He is skint isnt he?

Number7

Ret's Slave
So... assuming this £20miilion thing is true, will we get it this summer?

Will we also get money from player sales?

Nobody fecking knows. The cnut can do as he pleases. It's fecking sickening.

devilish

jasonrh said:
He's more than skint. He's just put us in a boatload of debt.
Am I the only one that regret that we havent given a chance to Murdoch. Ok the man was a feckin arsehole, but at least he was a rich one.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Most clubs would love to have 20m a year to spend on players! It's only Chelsea who are spending more than that amount. In the recent past we have made 3 big money signings: Van Nistelrooy at 18m, I'll have one more of him please, Veron at 27m, a complete waste of well over 20m, and Rooney at 30m, you don't get opportunities to buy players like him very often. I'd say that 20m is enough to keep us competitive and that figure in all honesty is unlikely to be more than we would have had to spend out of the current board.

devilish

20m is not enough to compete with Chelsea. Unless of course we manage to bring Moses as manager, Jesus and Mohammed as assistants.

atomic keane

Dans said:
Most clubs would love to have 20m a year to spend on players! It's only Chelsea who are spending more than that amount. In the recent past we have made 3 big money signings: Van Nistelrooy at 18m, I'll have one more of him please, Veron at 27m, a complete waste of well over 20m, and Rooney at 30m, you don't get opportunities to buy players like him very often. I'd say that 20m is enough to keep us competitive and that figure in all honesty is unlikely to be more than we would have had to spend out of the current board.
You forget Rio.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
devilish said:
20m is not enough to compete with Chelsea. Unless of course we manage to bring Moses as manager, Jesus and Mohammed as assistants.
No team can compete with Chelsea's financial resources. This is a fact you need to wake up to. The playing field is less level than ever.

Keilyn27

who's the bigger muppet - ostrich or chicken littl
devilish said:
It's not just the money.

You can now sign a player only to have him suddenly disappear with his 'agents' and then turn up in London claiming he was forced to sign for us. All these while the authorities look the other way, it's insane.

Bearded but no genius

Keilyn27 said:
It's not just the money.

You can now sign a player only to have him suddenly disappear with his 'agents' and then turn up in London claiming he was forced to sign for us. All these while the authorities look the other way, it's insane.
I don't know if they will continue to look the other way. We will have to see.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Glazer 'wants Ferguson to remain'

Sir Alex Ferguson's job as Manchester United boss is not under threat despite Malcolm Glazer moving closer to buying the club, according to reports.
Glazer now has a 70% share in the club but the US tycoon wants Ferguson to stay on according to the Daily Express' chief football writer Harry Harris.

"Ferguson will be offered a long-term contract as part of a five-year plan," Harris told BBC Radio Five Live.

"In that plan, he will be given £100m for new players."

Ferguson, who has been at the Old Trafford helm for more than 18 years, will begin a one-year rolling contract this summer.

David Gill will be kept in place as they (the Glazers) have complete confidence in the management team

Harry Harris, of the Daily Express

However, Glazer is reported to be keen for the Scottish manager to oversee football affairs during what is set to be a difficult period of transition off the field.

The American tycoon is certain to shake up the boardroom, casting uncertainty over the future of chief executive David Gill.

Gill, who took over from Peter Kenyon in September 2003, recently referred to Glazer's takeover plan as "potentially damaging".

Harris insisted that Gill's position would also be safe for now, although BBC business editor Jeff Randall disagrees and predicts changes in the boardroom fairly swiftly.

Harris said: "David Gill will be kept in place as they (the Glazers) have complete confidence in the management team.

"But the non-executive directors will be sacked while Joel and Avi Glazer will join the board."

The Guardian newspaper also reports that Gill is expected to continue in the same position at Old Trafford.

But Malcolm Glazer's son Joel is expected to have a "active" role once he takes his place among the club's directors.

Glazer buying Utd is just another nail in the coffin of football as we know it

From NS
Have your say on 606

"The Glazers have a very high regard of David Gill," an advisor to the Glazers told The Guardian.

"They hope and expect that Gill will continue to do the job he has been doing.

"One of the reasons they want to buy Manchester United is that it is the best managed football club in England."

But Randall was less sure.

"From the moment he has effective control, which could take five or six weeks, chairman Sir Roy Gardner is definitely out with chief executive David Gill almost certainly out as well. "They opposed Glazer. Why does he need them anyway? He is coming in and saying: 'I can run this business better than you'."

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Giggsy PO said:
Glazer 'wants Ferguson to remain'
that sounds too good to be true and i hardly can believe that! probably for another year, yes. and that they will keep gill and the rest of the board is also very unlikely.

Keilyn27

who's the bigger muppet - ostrich or chicken littl
Michel04 said:
that sounds too good to be true and i hardly can believe that! probably for another year, yes. and that they will keep gill and the rest of the board is also very unlikely.
The greedy bastard has a reputation of bearing a grudge, can't see any of the current board remaining once the takeover's completed. My sympathies as I think they did a good job attempting to ward off the greedy bastard.

SAF could be sacked if we've another season like this one. After all with the level of debt Utd're under, success on the pitch'd be imperative unlike the added bonus it currently is.

Troubled times ahead...

devilish

Dans said:
No team can compete with Chelsea's financial resources. This is a fact you need to wake up to. The playing field is less level than ever.
Thats why the least that we needed was someone who puts us in 300m debt and you come out with pocket money to strenghten the team.

tengy

Say it loud, I'm out and I'm proud. I'm a bigotte
these are the things glazer will use to try and convince people he good.
he a fecking prick, dont let 100m and 5 year contract to fergie win over you.
i dont give a feck on how we will compete with chelsea, even if we go in division 1, along as we can get rid of glazer from the board and then i be happy.

tengy

Say it loud, I'm out and I'm proud. I'm a bigotte
its not good, even the board said it couldnt recommend him, at the board will know the most what his offers like

mu77

he's given out these stories before. "i'll build the new stadium myself" great stuff until the rubber meets the road. he then held tampa ransom "i'll move the team if the new stadium isn't financed by the ppl".

i ain't buying the 100m - it will sound good until they can come out and say "well we've looked at the debt load and we can't spend 20m this season".

the club lost the FC tag a few yrs back and if that's not bad enough - bud and coke are everywhere in the game now. the biggest ads in 442 are the bud ads ffs. this "new" evolution of the game is rotten. sometimes new isn't improved!

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
Number7 said:
So... assuming this £20miilion thing is true, will we get it this summer?

Will we also get money from player sales?

Nobody fecking knows. The cnut can do as he pleases. It's fecking sickening.
Who are you talking about? Glazer?

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
DJS said:
It's basically £20m per year, for 5 years...less than you normally spend on transfers.
Exactly.

We wont get any Rooneys and Rios for 20m.

atomic keane

The less that is spoken of Rio the better.

We should be developing our own Rooneys.

Wenger has won 2 titles in 4 years with almost no transfer funds that is admirable.

We have thrown millions at the goalkeeper position and it is proving to
be fecking difficult to get an adequate goalie. So don't bullshit me about having to spend zillions of pounds on players that is not the fecking answer.

devilish

atomic keane said:

Wenger has won 2 titles in 4 years with almost no transfer funds that is admirable.

be fecking difficult to get an adequate goalie. So don't bullshit me about having to spend zillions of pounds on players that is not the fecking answer.
It wasnt the answer but with Glazier things are going worse by the day.

20m is a feckin joke.

BeardedGenius

Clean Shaven and Foolish
The ONLY upside of Glazer buying United is that he might invite the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' cheerleaders over to OT

Ballache

Supports
Martial
atomic keane said:

true wenger never had the biggest budget in the world and still won the EPL.anyway cant we use like 40 million this season and not buy anyone next season.coz 20 mill is nothing for us and it wont get us any good playerS.

kanchelskis14

20m a year is no more than we usually get in any case. And frankly, offering Fergie 5 MORE YEARS simply frightens me in any case. Basically the fat cnut can get lost. WHere's an Arab sheikh when you need one?!

Bearded but no genius

mojo said:
It was a Houllierism wasn't it?
The phrase was, yeah, but Leeds pinned their hopes on a five year financial plan of getting into and staying in the CL, without being stupid enough to call it a 'Five Year Plan'.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
jasonrh said:
Exactly.

That would mean we would lose further ground to Chelsea. I think it takes 25-30 for the next few years, as we look to fill some serious holes in our team, and compete for quality players with the Mob, AND pay the 'United tax'.
Maybe Glazer will hire someone that can actually negotiate transfer fees and stop this OTT shit clubs get United to do.

Or maybe Glazer himself will tell these clubs "take or leave it" but hopefully no extreme underbids, as reported with Robben.