£80m Ronaldo Bid accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahamaRed

Legend
"pretty good" ???:rolleyes: it's ok to admit he was one of the best in the world during the time he played for United. Sometimes it feels like posters are ashamed to recognize how great Ronaldo (the footballer, not Ronaldo the person) was during his time at Old Trafford and convince themselves that Ronaldo was just "pretty good" by downplaying his contributions and achievements. He was one of United's best, most talented, greatest players. And yes, we all know he was/is a cnut.
It was the DVD that got me going. Nowt to beat the highlights. The pics make the words look silly.

mjs020294

So I can't comprehend what "pretty good" means? Does "pretty good" actually mean something else? Berbatov is pretty good. Park is pretty good. I doubt Real Madrid paid 80 million quid because they thought Ronaldo was just "pretty good".:rolleyes:
Context dear boy, context. :rolleyes: Piece it together with the posts it responded to and try and understand the reason it was said instead of jumping in a conversation half way through.

mjs020294

?????

I just wanted some clarification to know if I misinterpreted what you were saying, why are you changing the subject
Because if it was someone like Johnno he would know what the feck I was saying, and the tone it was said. Not changing the subject just wondered where you are from.

RufRT

Obama Fan
most obvious reason for why we have not signed anyone yet...now that the Ronaldo deal is formalised, I'd say a deal agreed in principle during the last two weeks will be formally announced by United.

Would have looked like amateur hour if the Ronaldo deal had fallen through at the last and United had already spent a chunk of that on someone else.

notiboiboi

I really rather we do not buy anyone in this transfer window now if we have to pay some overshit price for a lousier player than ronaldo...

Instead, focus on our youth and spend the money when the market is no longer fecked up by city and madrid...

I do hope SAF or Gill has some targets already lined up ready to join us though

beardsleybob

most obvious reason for why we have not signed anyone yet...now that the Ronaldo deal is formalised, I'd say a deal agreed in principle during the last two weeks will be formally announced by United.

Would have looked like amateur hour if the Ronaldo deal had fallen through at the last and United had already spent a chunk of that on someone else.
That's what people don't understand. Were not Real Madrid. We don't announce deals 3 weeks before they're official

Things will start to get interesting now

Ekeke

I really rather we do not buy anyone in this transfer window now if we have to pay some overshit price for a lousier player than ronaldo...

Instead, focus on our youth and spend the money when the market is no longer fecked up by city and madrid...

And in the mean time watch on as Liverpool and Chelsea overtake us?

How about, since we've just received a huge amount for Ronaldo, we spend some of it whether we too have to pay huge amounts or not. We have just lost our best player afterall.

prateik

That's what people don't understand. Were not Real Madrid. We don't announce deals 3 weeks before they're official

Things will start to get interesting now
ramsey :p

didnt expect much to happen before this deal was over .. maybe the valencia deal which shouldve been independent of this one ..

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

It will never happen. The prices has been going up since the late 80s. Let us not forget that last season a top club had paid 30m sterling for a 27 year old striker who had never won anything in his career.

The Liga is the league to be at the moment. Sun, money, low income tax etc. We should look at players from other leagues who hasnt yet attracted interest from Real. Dzeko is a great example to what I am saying.

032Devil

Ronaldo will be well peeved at hearing that Eto'o's become the world's highest paid player.

Well done City!

manufanatic

"crazy"
And in the mean time watch on as Liverpool and Chelsea overtake us?

How about, since we've just received a huge amount for Ronaldo, we spend some of it whether we too have to pay huge amounts or not. We have just lost our best player afterall.

feck em. Liverpool will most likely lose alonso and macherano
if we get valencia for 15 million and let our youth have a chance we will be there or thereabouts at the end of the year. Our biggest challenge will be to remain healthy something Ronaldo and tevez did so well in their time at the club.

I think a line up like this will do quite well and certainly will compete on all fronts
VDS

Brown Rio Vidic Evra

Valencia Carrick Anderson Nani

Rooney

Berbatov

that leaves

Fletcher
Giggs
Rafael
Park
Wellbeck
Macheda
Gibson
Scholes
oshea
evans

feck we are spoilt for riches

and i havent named them all.. we will be fine

Wembley Red

93, 94, 96, 97, 99, 00, 01, 03, 07, 08, 09...10
Ive slowly come round to the fact that Ronaldo is really not that bad. He always wanted to play for madrid, and though last summer he was out of order, he conducted himself amazingly this season. We got more than enough for him, and should be able to move on. At least hes not sprouting shite like Tevez is.

Yes we will miss so many of his amazing attributes, but it just leaves the door open for another player. Good luck Cristiano.

p.s. would still love to meet Madrid and smash em!

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
feck em. Liverpool will most likely lose alonso and macherano
if we get valencia for 15 million and let our youth have a chance we will be there or thereabouts at the end of the year. Our biggest challenge will be to remain healthy something Ronaldo and tevez did so well in their time at the club.

I think a line up like this will do quite well and certainly will compete on all fronts
VDS

Brown Rio Vidic Evra

Valencia Carrick Anderson Nani

Rooney

Berbatov

that leaves

Fletcher
Giggs
Rafael
Park
Wellbeck
Macheda
Gibson
Scholes
oshea
evans

feck we are spoilt for riches

and i havent named them all.. we will be fine
The muppets and the rest of the world think that squad just wouldn't be good enough:rolleyes: We really are spoilt for choice, alot of teams will envy our strength in depth.

Add Ljajic:drool: and Tosic into the mix too.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
The muppets and the rest of the world think that squad just wouldn't be good enough:rolleyes: We really are spoilt for choice, alot of teams will envy our strength in depth.

Add Ljajic:drool: and Tosic into the mix too.
Valencia - hasn't signed and if he does he's unproven

Nani - hot and cold

Tosic and Ljajic - unproven and extremely young

Macheda - 17 ffs, let the lad at least become an adult before we rely on him

Scholes, Giggs and Neville - getting on and can't be relied on as much, I won't say past it, but perhaps past it against Europe's elite as the Barca match showed.

Park - hustles but doesn't have much else in the way of contributing to the goal tally. His finishing routinely lets him, and the team, down.

Gibson - wasn't he transfer listed?

Berbatov - just...well, the jury is out we'll say.

Rafael - good prospect, but for a defender his weakest aspect seems to be defence. Isn't that a problem?

Anderson - this is his season I hope.

Doogie

United in new Ron mystery

MANCHESTER UNITED were last night facing fresh claims they agreed the world-record transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo MONTHS before it was announced.

Real Madrid’s No 2 Jorge Valdano said there was an arrangement between United and the Spanish giants for the £80million switch BEFORE Florentino Perez became president.

But United insist there was no such deal.

A spokesman said: “Until the faxed bid was received on June 10, 2009, there has never been any agreement of any sort between Manchester United and Real Madrid over Cristiano Ronaldo.”

But Real’s sporting director Valdano — Perez’s right-hand man — claimed a contract was already in place when they took over the club on June 1.

He said: “With Cristiano Ronaldo we had to sign him now because there was an expiry date.

“There was a contract and we had to respect the dates stipulated, when to make the signing public, when to communicate with Manchester, when to pay.

“All of that was established in a very precise manner that didn’t allow us to play not even with the dates.”

source: The Sun
------------
I fail to see the story in this. Nothing illegal, immoral or remotely iffy about this.

Amir

It may have something to do with the deal they were supposed to have with Ronaldo. No way we agreed anything beforehand.

Christofaux

Valencia - hasn't signed and if he does he's unproven

Nani - hot and cold

Tosic and Ljajic - unproven and extremely young

Macheda - 17 ffs, let the lad at least become an adult before we rely on him

Scholes, Giggs and Neville - getting on and can't be relied on as much, I won't say past it, but perhaps past it against Europe's elite as the Barca match showed.

Park - hustles but doesn't have much else in the way of contributing to the goal tally. His finishing routinely lets him, and the team, down.

Gibson - wasn't he transfer listed?

Berbatov - just...well, the jury is out we'll say.

Rafael - good prospect, but for a defender his weakest aspect seems to be defence. Isn't that a problem?

Anderson - this is his season I hope.
From an outside view in.

a) Valencia has shown that he is a proven premiership player

b) giggs is a far more reliable player then Neville and to a lesser extent scholes.

c) Tosic is 22

d) If it wasn't for Parks hustle the team would have let itself down on more occasions then park has let United down

Twisted_Woody

Scout
From an outside view in.

a) Valencia has shown that he is a proven premiership player

b) giggs is a far more reliable player then Neville and to a lesser extent scholes.

c) Tosic is 22

d) If it wasn't for Parks hustle the team would have let itself down on more occasions then park has let United down

a) True, we'll see about the rest (FA Cup, Carling Cup, EPL, CL etc.)

b) True about Giggs, he's one of my favourite players and I rate him up there with Zidane etc.

c) he's 22???? He looks quite underdeveloped for a 22 year old winger, no where near Ronaldo's level at 22.

d) Quite true, but you can't rely on hustle alone.

Christofaux

a) True, we'll see about the rest (FA Cup, Carling Cup, EPL, CL etc.)

b) True about Giggs, he's one of my favourite players and I rate him up there with Zidane etc.

c) he's 22???? He looks quite underdeveloped for a 22 year old winger, no where near Ronaldo's level at 22.

d) Quite true, but you can't rely on hustle alone.
But you need some players who do hustle like Park, if i have seen any player that can rely on hustle its Park.

Ronaldo is over developed and has lead us to a future of anyone who is not a first team regular by early 20's to be considered a failure.

Alex

MANCHESTER UNITED were last night facing fresh claims they agreed the world-record transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo MONTHS before it was announced.

Real Madrid’s No 2 Jorge Valdano said there was an arrangement between United and the Spanish giants for the £80million switch BEFORE Florentino Perez became president.

A spokesman said: “Until the faxed bid was received on June 10, 2009, there has never been any agreement of any sort between Manchester United and Real Madrid over Cristiano Ronaldo.”

But Real’s sporting director Valdano — Perez’s right-hand man — claimed a contract was already in place when they took over the club on June 1.

He said: “With Cristiano Ronaldo we had to sign him now because there was an expiry date.

“There was a contract and we had to respect the dates stipulated, when to make the signing public, when to communicate with Manchester, when to pay.

“All of that was established in a very precise manner that didn’t allow us to play not even with the dates.”

source: The Sun
------------
I fail to see the story in this. Nothing illegal, immoral or remotely iffy about this.
As a result Blatter will see fit that Madrid do not have to pay for Ronaldo

Suedesi

With Ronaldo's camp maybe

ThatOldRedMagic

The Liga is the league to be at the moment. Sun, money, low income tax etc.
Ronaldo will be well peeved at hearing that Eto'o's become the world's highest paid player.

Well done City!
Well now, since you guys bring it up; our one-eyed Scottish maniac of a PM, together with his lap-dog Chancellor, have put the final nail in the coffin of the UK economy with their 50% top tax rate (the third highest top rate in the world.) The exit of Ronaldo (let us not forget, very soon after after making certain utterances which led the reasonable observer to conclude he was settled at United and might even be given a new contract, and which utterances immediately pre-dated the announcement of the 50% tax rate) and the necessity for the bottomless money-pits now presiding at Eastlands to stump up a wage so eye-wateringly huge that even after Brown and Darling have confiscated half of it, it remains big enough to attract Eto, are merely the first symptoms of a malaise which will lead to more of the same, and not only with regard to football.

Premiership players are probably better placed than many other high-earners to relocate, and the first transfer window after the introduction of the 50% tax rate provides graphic evidence of what our preposterous government of economic pygmies and retards is up to.

Would the last person to leave this benighted isle please turn out the lights...

BaldwinLegend

The deal has been finalised and Fergie has finally spoken:

Cristiano has been a marvellous player for Manchester United. His six years at Old Trafford have seen him develop into the best footballer in the world.

His contribution has been a major factor in the club's success in that time and his talent, his ability to entertain and his infectious personality have enthralled fans the world over.
I think it's clear from his use of the word 'infectious' that he thinks he's sold Madrid a virus...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The deal has been finalised and Fergie has finally spoken:

I think it's clear from his use of the word 'infectious' that he thinks he's sold Madrid a virus...
:lol:

Ding Dong the witch is dead!!........

Nah, fair play to the lad. Wish him no ill fortune personally. He's been amazing for us.

Drifter

American
SAF:

"Cristiano has been a marvellous player for Manchester United," said Ferguson. "His six years at Old Trafford have seen him develop into the best footballer in the world.

"His contribution has been a major factor in the club's success in that time and his talent, his ability to entertain and his infectious personality enthralled fans the world over.

"Everyone here wishes him well in his future career."

Drifter

American
Ronaldo Gives Ferguson Thanks
Thursday 02 Jul 2009

Which teams will be going in to the weekend smiling? Predict the results in Soccer 7 and you could have something to smile about too!

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has said he will "always owe" Sir Alex Ferguson after the Scot mentored him at Manchester United.

The Portugal international brought to a close his six-year stay at Old Trafford yesterday by finalising his £80million move to Madrid and said he will miss

He told Shortlist magazine: "I will miss the boss. Sir Alex has taught me so much on and off the field. I could not have asked for a better mentor.

"I will always owe him a lot and will never forget him.

"He made me aware from the start that I would be one of the best players in the world; he gave me that belief.

"When you are 17, you are just concerned about playing first-team football - you don't think about being the best, but Sir Alex gave me the No 7 shirt because he believed I could do it justice.

"I can never repay the confidence he has shown in me over the years, and all the support he has given me in my journey to become the best.

"I will also miss all the lads; the squad had a great atmosphere. I had a very special relationship with Wayne [Rooney] on and off the field.

"I have made some good friends with the players and all the staff, but it is time for me to move on now.

"I have a sentimental attachment; I have spent a quarter of my life here. I was boy when I arrived at Manchester United and I'm leaving a man.

"This club and its fans will always have a place in my heart. I have learnt a lot of life lessons here, and I will never forget all the things I have been taught by so many people."

Status
Not open for further replies.