¿If, not, Ten, Hag, Pochettino, or, Rangnick, then, whom?

Corridor of Uncertainty

Luis Enrique. If we can lure him away from Spain he'd be a great option. Great results, fun to watch football and when packed with enough quality looks grear in posession. We'd need a great DM who is good at passing though, so that would have to be the first transfer in the door.

At this point it should be between those three Pochettino, Ten Hag or Enrique. Ralf has been a good interim, but I really want to see one of those three at the helm come next season. We can't be seriously considering appointing a man who has been working as a DOF for the past decade as permanent manager...
You're new to this aren't you?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Whom isn’t the issue. You are missing some commas in the title, though. An Oxford comma, and I think one after Rangnick?

Hughes35

In order of preference for me.

1. Ten Hag
2. Flik
3. Enrique
4. Potter
5. Zidane

I like Rangnick but think it's better we stick to the plan of him staying as consulting role.

God I hope its not Poch or Hassenhuttle, disaster written all over both IMO.

croadyman

In order of preference for me.

1. Ten Hag
2. Flik
3. Enrique
4. Potter
5. Zidane

I like Rangnick but think it's better we stick to the plan of him staying as consulting role.

God I hope its not Poch or Hassenhuttle, disaster written all over both IMO.
Be surprised if Flick left Germany job

Gandalf

Rob Page, doing a great job with Wales and learned at the knee of a legendary former United manager. Oh yes, he has absorbed all the knowledge accrued by Ryan "Rocky" Giggs in his 4 match interim spell and will transport us back to those halcyon post Moyes days when we were happy to have anybody who had not been manager of Everton at the wheel.

Seriously though, I would be happy with Potter or Hassenhutl as alternatives and further down the line I think Steve Cooper is worth keeping an eye on.

PSV

More curiously than realistically, but how good is Felice Mazzu? On paper it looks like he's pulling an absolute miracle in Belgium, but I have no idea about the dynamics of their league.

Andersonson

Joachim Low? If the players dont listen or do as told he will throw buggers at them.

But seriously, he is top manager.

Also, Mancini. We need winners

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Joachim Low? If the players dont listen or do as told he will throw buggers at them.

But seriously, he is top manager.

Also, Mancini. We need winners
But then what will he eat for dinner?

Tarrou

Doesn’t matter who takes the job we ain’t going to get back to where we were until the Glazers go.
As much as I dislike the Glazers, I don't think this is true. FSG looked pretty useless until they appointed Klopp

the signs point towards then wanting to modernise the structure of the club, so if we get the right manager it's not impossible that they'll have a structure and budget capable of success

bringing in Rangick is a good sign for me, it shows a willingness to cede some control on the football side of things (moving on from the Woodward era)

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Graham Potter? How the mighty have fallen.

You could do a lot lot worse than Mancini but my hope is that he would decline the job. Flick isn’t a terrible shout after that.

You’d like to think that you could tempt somebody over out of international football after the World Cup in Qatar.

Who knows, if England win it you might end up with Southgate at this rate….

NoPace

I think the main thing is someone who will integrate new players in well and get us playing a good brand of football and dominating games.

Surprised so many want Enrique, but we could certainly do with a coach who prizes technical quality and possession. Not sure he or Mancini make sense though considering how far we are from being good.

I've been impressed by the football Potter has Brighton playing. He'd be my choice after Ten Hag, because their players both look like they know what they're doing, work hard and seem very comfortable playing triangles and linking up on the pitch. Ten Hag's Ajax this year just look incredible for an Eredivisie team, and I like how he's using his defenders like Pep. I still the most dominant style of football I've seen, but might be because I can wrap my head around it easier Klopp's heavy metal football style.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I believe ETH would be the most realistic and would be the best decision. What he did at Ajax warrants for a bigger job at Utd. He makes the best out of his players. He is attacking minded but also Ajax defends very well. Maybe a new "Klopp" is emerging and I hope we do not lose him this time.

Oranges038

I've said it before as an out there option, but someone who has a definitive style and knows how to build a winning team.

Marcelo Gallardo of River Plate. He's won almost everything possible in Argentina and South America with them. I think he has everything required. Quite similar to Pep's style and definitely somebody to look at.

With Alverez after going to City, I can see them opting for him when Pep goes.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
If last night was any kind of audition for Potter than he surely blew it. Thought Brighton were absolutely crap against a very crap United side. Thought they'd give us the run around tbh.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If last night was any kind of audition for Potter than he surely blew it. Thought Brighton were absolutely crap against a very crap United side. Thought they'd give us the run around tbh.
With better finishing they might have been alright. They played the last 30 minutes with 10 men but were still in it to the end. Man for man their team is weaker than ours.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
With better finishing they might have been alright. They played the last 30 minutes with 10 men but were still in it to the end. Man for man their team is weaker than ours.
They were still in it, aye. Doesn't mean they were good though. They were against a very poor side yesterday, thought we were absolutely dreadful.

JoaquinJoaquin

I've said it before as an out there option, but someone who has a definitive style and knows how to build a winning team.

Marcelo Gallardo of River Plate. He's won almost everything possible in Argentina and South America with them. I think he has everything required. Quite similar to Pep's style and definitely somebody to look at.

With Alverez after going to City, I can see them opting for him when Pep goes.
Surprised nobody from Europe has came in for him. Looks top class.

Bondi77

It has to be Potter for me,
Ten Hag won’t know what hit him if he manages in the Premier League!