g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If this deal relies on the Mbappe to Madrid move to happen, then we might as well lock the thread right now. The Mbappe to Madrid links seem to have died and it looks like Mbappe might even sign a new deal at Monaco. I don't think he's leaving this summer.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Morata is a good player. You have to understand that career trajectories can be very different. Drogba at the age of 24 played for Guingamp.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
If this deal relies on the Mbappe to Madrid move to happen, then we might as well lock the thread right now. The Mbappe to Madrid links seem to have died and it looks like Mbappe might even sign a new deal at Monaco. I don't think he's leaving this summer.
So if you don't sign Morata, who else do you go for?

redpatron

This move doesn't make sense to me.

I can understand United's perspective. But I'm struggling to understand why a newly married young Spanish striker, with an Italian wife, currently back-up to almost 30 Benzema, leaves Real Madrid to join United who have finished 7th, 4th, 5th and 6th in the last 4 seasons since Sir Alex retired. Surely he backs his own ability to out-perform Benzema over the next year or so ? I can't believe his wife is excited about living in Manchester.

Would be different if Zidane was pushing him towards the exit. Or if he was currently at a mid-table Spanish team.
huh? what hard to understand, Morata wants to be "The Man", not somebody who rides coattails. Yeah, he won all these trophies last season, but did he really? He wants to make his own legacy, he can't do it at Real. Might as well go somewhere where he could forge his own. He's been blessed with talent might as well aspire to achieve greatness.

And his wife, she's a instagram model. I'm pretty sure she's going to be happy with the her sudden new luxurious lifestyle and being pampered instead of soliciting diet teas and makeup products to her followers. She's going to be fine, a designer dress stills look good under an expensive jacket. She's still relative young, she could always hang out with Victor's wife.

NK86

I get this feeling Morata will be Mourinho's (while he was at Chelsea) Rooney saga where he chased him all summer and in the end we kept him (unfortunately as it would seem now). If that's the case, we are so going to be up shit's creek that I am scared to imagine that scenario.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I get this feeling Morata will be Mourinho's (while he was at Chelsea) Rooney saga where he chased him all summer and in the end we kept him (unfortunately as it would seem now). If that's the case, we are so going to be up shit's creek that I am scared to imagine that scenario.
This is what I was thinking about for Matic.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Is he the best player in the world yet?
Almost. What a difference from page 1 a few months ago when one person said he was worth £30m and then someone else said he won't cost that as he's a back up player!

Last edited:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
No point in having Belotti as a backup target since Torino will know by then that we are desperate for a ST, and will fleece us for atleast as much as RM wants for Morata.

Just chump up the fecking cash and be done with it, try to make the 20m euros we are apart as much performance bonus based as possible.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's not even that good, why are we wasting our time chasing him? Move on to someone else.

ash_86

Can we please pay the 80m and move on please? Each day delayed, the number of good strikers are reducing in the market.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can we please pay the 80m and move on please? Each day delayed, the number of good strikers are reducing in the market.
Who has signed for who so far?

Shuriken

Cheers.
Henderson beats out Pogba on some metrics, like the scousers used to claim. :eek: :D
You're welcome. Just make sure to toggle the filter that the comparisons refer to, as "totals" are pretty much useless/irrelevant.

WPMUFC

i'm at the stage now that i don't care who the targets are, but can we please have at least Morata and maybe matic done in time for the tour?

Z_Wolf

Cut out the moaning. Only one top six club has signed more players than us. Let's see where we are in the next fortnight. It's the 1st of July ffs.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Cut out the moaning. Only one top six club has signed more players than us. Let's see where we are in the next fortnight. It's the 1st of July ffs.
Whilst true, we have the weakest attack out of all of those clubs and are in need of reinforcements more than them all

IrishRedDevil

True, but we also finished behind 5 of them teams, so they have a better starting point.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Really? Lacazette is the only one who seems to be moving, and he's not good enough for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.