Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

The best realistic option out there and not yet 25, this will be a very good signing IMO and I think he'll thrive off bering given the main #9 role.

Red_Beans

From what I've seen, relatively tall goal scorer with ability to beat a man, looks quality.

But he is in love with Real Madrid is he not? Doesn't want to come here?
He is supposed to have a very good relationship with Mourinho. It is possible he prefers to join us for our manager and not our club, if that makes sense. And I'm fine with that

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Aubemeyang, Lukaku (no one is paying 100million with 2 years left, Lacazette
You can't just decide to half the transfer fee for Lukaku because you think it's too high, and who's to say the others are better options or even would cost (much) less?

Trizy

I'm just gonna go ahead and post a big fat MEH!

We some how managed to spend £60m and downgraded from a slow 35 year old in Zlatan :lol:

Fracture90

I wouldn't mind us buying him at all to be honest. 60 million seems like a push, but well, we haven't been the best negotiators in the recent years have we?

Of course, the one thing that could ruin this transfer for me is the addition of a buy back clause. Doesn't matter even if its 120 million. I would hate the whole transfer. The thought of Madrid getting him back if he reaches greatness here would scare us all as long as he remains considering he is a Madrid lad. No big club should agree for a buy back clause for one of the players they buy. This is why despite all the recent success, Juventus will not be as big as the other top dogs anytime soon. You make yourselves look like pushovers when you let the Madrids and Barcelonas insert buy back clauses.
Gotta agree with this, great point.

The best realistic option out there and not yet 25, this will be a very good signing IMO and I think he'll thrive off bering given the main #9 role.
Welcome back mate.:)

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Very good signing for United. A bit sad that he has to leave after a year but hopefully will be a very good business for both clubs.
Now let´s see if he adapts fast to arrive in great form to the World Cup

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Multiple sources now about wanting out and even inform Madrid about it. I really hope we can wrap up this one.

Cool. And possibly little chance of him yearning for Madrid in a few years, right? Surely he can't play for them for a third time?
They would get Mbappe. He would seriously need to go to a crazy, almost Ronaldo level for them to buy him again. And if he does become such a player here for a few years, that's all the more reason to buy him.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Hm. Don't like the price, 60m is about 20m too high. And I don't like his scoring record. The last thing we need is someone who fluffs chances worse than Zlatan. But we could do worse, I guess.

Anyone found a *good* YT compilation for this guy?

Fracture90

I'm just gonna go ahead and post a big fat MEH!

We some how managed to spend £60m and downgraded from a slow 35 year old in Zlatan :lol:
For the sake of argument, whom would you get and for how much? In case you haven't noticed there really aren't many quality strikers out there that are available and that would fit Mourinho's style of football.

Pace Abuser

Oh, does this mean we will now have fluid attack and not have every player looking for Zlatan, who fluffs up most attacks with basic misplaced passes? How people can not see this is the perfect Jose striker I do not know. He will be a sensation under Jose, i'm confident of it.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Exciting news if true.

Curious about the fee. Will go with what Di Marzio says on that since MARCA and the English press will include add-ons, bonuses and wages to respectively make the deal seem better for Madrid and make us look worse.

Fracture90

Hm. Don't like the price, 60m is about 20m too high. And I don't like his scoring record. The last thing we need is someone who fluffs chances worse than Zlatan. But we could do worse, I guess.

His goalscoring record ain't that bad at all. He was Madrid's 2nd scorer last season even tho he was on very limited minutes and benched for the majority of the season. Quite clinical.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hopefully true. He is excellent striker and very quick too.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Seems to be gametime, looks like his minutes to goals were actually good, plus he didn't always play as the 9 anyway
Hmm fair enough. I haven't looked at minutes but he seemed to have 30 plus apps and like, 8 league goals or something

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
From what I've seen of him so far (admittedly very little), he seems like a middle-class version of Ronaldo and he would thrive in Madrid's set up if they played him. Unfortunately he's going up against one of the greatest player in the world in Ronaldo and he's not going to win that fight, I think he would be decent for us. Is he worth as much as the fee they're throwing around? Probably not, but than again transfer fees are crazy right not and there's no real decent fees for players anymore.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

EyeInTheSky

I'm going to have to go and actually watch some footage of him now aren't I... If this really is happening and he turns out to be shite I am going to hold all the hype merchants to account!

Edit#1: His run up to his celebrations are laboured, awkward and slow. Do.Not.Want

Edit#2: He knows exactly where he wants to place the ball in the net and is not a hit and hope

Edit#3: He can actually head a ball in the goal which is a plus for us. Leaves keepers with no chance.

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

Does he score more often than he misses? Given a good chance, can he just put it in. I don't care if he is unable to track back or if he is just one trick pony or he is just a fox in the box "only" or whatever fancy things people expect from a striker on caf. As long as he could finish the chances, I would go for him.

windycityfan

feck yes! Great to see this as I'm heading out to Charlotte to see Iron Maiden for the 5th time! Coincidence? Hell yes!

Glory Man Utd! Up The Irons!

ilovethisgameahahah

• Quality striker
  • Handsome bastard
  • Spanish
  • Delivers in big games
  • Perfect age
  • His name sounds like 'MoreMata' and we all want that
He'll fit in well in Manchester :D

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

What are their comparative conversion rates?

Mainoldo

He is supposed to have a very good relationship with Mourinho. It is possible he prefers to join us for our manager and not our club, if that makes sense. And I'm fine with that
Well he loves Conte more so why doesn't he push for Chelsea. Better yet why AC Milan wanted him. Basically we're the biggest club he is going to get.

Peanut Butter

Why moan about the fee?! We have loads of cash! I remember during the Fergie years when everyone moaned that we didn't spend any cash! Enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Wouldn't it be better to sign some stop-gap (like Zlatan), give Rashford and Martial more time up from and wait for better options next summer?

For that price we're basically going all-in with Morata and hoping he'll adapt quickly to a new league, develop much further than the level he is right now...that's a lot of assumptions for me, personally.

Juventus thought they'd do better than Morata, Madrid also. I know we're far off those but come on, shouldn't we also try and do better?

Jackylad

So, AlvarON, yes? Had a squizz at the YouTube video above, don't know much about the guy but he looks like Dzeko with a bit of pace, is that about right?

el3mel

Since we'll probably only bring 4 signings only, I don't find the fee that much of a problem tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.