Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Why is he a better signing than Icardi or other strikers though? For £60 million, we should have a choice of high scoring players to choose from, ones who start games and score goals consistently over time.
That's a weird post. He has scored on average every 83.6 minutes in La Liga this season

Toad

Not getting my hopes up, but would be a solid addition to the squad. Plays A complete different style to what Marcus has seen as well so would most likely help him develop further by learning from Morata.

Macern

Pee pee pants
In La Liga he averaged a goal every 88mins and a goal or an assist every 70mins. In the UCL he managed a goal every 55mins and a goal or assist every 41mins (OK he only played 167 minutes :D)
Where did you get those numbers from? I've read that his goal average in La Liga this season was every 83.6 mins.

Red Devil Rising

Pros: Strong, fast, good header, strong on both feet, worked with Jose in past.
Cons: Tires quite quickly, very emotional.

Hopefully Jose can work on his fitness and his mental stability. for 60m, that's actually a great deal for United.

Ffs :lol::lol:

Bwuk

I can't say I've seen loads of him, but from watching some YouTube footage he seems to have a good first touch and a eye for goal, similar to a younger Zlatan?

I'm not sure what to make of it if he's worth the fee or not.

FrenchRed

Still not convinced Real will let this happen.
Same, I'd be more confident if the clubs had agreed a fee. Am keeping my fingers crossed though.

I have an awful feeling that this will be another saga full of twists and turns.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Aubemeyang, Lukaku (no one is paying 100million with 2 years left, Lacazette
Morata is no worse than them though, none of them would displace Benzema at Real Madrid.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I've got to ask it. Done dealio?

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
So you don't like his scoring record but don't know what his scoring record is like?
:rolleyes: Come on. I know his scoring record (15 goals in 63 games for Juve). You asked about his chance conversion rate, which I don't know.

el3mel

Morata 24 and Rashford 19, we're looking for long term options in the CF position, something that people complained about Jose going for short term here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Until he's doing a music video for Adidas with Enrique Iglesias I won't believe anything.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
In terms of striker profile that Mourinho has worked with before.

Is it fair to say he's more of a Eto'o?

Cliche Guevara

Could be sensational. I certainly welcome him if he's coming and reckon he'll be a great addition.

Any likelihood of him and Belotti?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:rolleyes: Come on. I know his scoring record (15 goals in 63 games for Juve). You asked about his chance conversion rate, which I don't know.
So when you say "his scoring record" you ignore the latest season and ignore the record per minute and per chance?

To try and help, they've been posted since I quoted you and are very good.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'd say he has a bigger upside than any of them.

Never got the hype over Aubemeyang. Scoring goals in Bundesliga isn't enough for me.
I like Aubameyang but he is clearly overrated and I agree with you on Morata.

RedCurry

Can't get excited about this signing at all especially if we pay what Real is reportedly asking for. They'll take our 80m odd and walk straight to Monaco and seal the boy wonder who genuinely has the talent to one day become world class. Good for them.

Hojoon

I don't much care about signing Morata. He's been very good for Real last season but he still looks a level below our previous strikers (Ibrahimovic, RvP, Rooney).

That said, hes probably the best available in that position (although I think Lacazette is better) and I hope he succeeds.
He's no peak RVP or Rooney yet but he's got great potential and I think PL would suit him the most.

NotQuiteManc

Do you expect him to have the same effect as Torres has when he went to PL?
I think if Morata and Pogba can form a partnership a'la Gerrard Torres, it would be sensational. Having said that, I think Torres was the main man and captain at Athletico before he moved to L'pool. Golden boy of Madrid.

Either way, if he can continue his form and development from last season, I don't see why not? United now have a manager that helped improve Fellaini's game (even though it still splits opinions - MoM Final performance though), I trust he will do wonders for players like Morata.

izec

Real are mad, hope we dont overspend. Morata needs to talk to Perez and tell him to feck off and release him #FreeMorata

Status
Not open for further replies.