Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Forget the fee part. We are probably paying 10m more but we are very desperate and every one knows it. As long as he stays here for some time and help us win trophies we will forget the number involved.
I like sensible spending although I understand the club has cornered itself through its own actions in the past and desperation.

The point is that when it comes to big transfers the player always has to deliver and live up to the pressure of the pricetag. He can't obviously score 10-15 goals a season after being signed to 60 odd million.

IhabX7

A downgrade from Zlatan at his current ability. Bit of a gamble this, I hope he steps up if he does join eventually.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
A downgrade from Zlatan at his current ability. Bit of a gamble this, I hope he steps up if he does join eventually.
He's still young enough to improve and he'll probably go tor sensible shots rather than headline grabbers like Zlatan.

SuperiorXI

From what I've seen, relatively tall goal scorer with ability to beat a man, looks quality.

But he is in love with Real Madrid is he not? Doesn't want to come here?

Stacks

Why is he a better signing than Icardi or other strikers though? For £60 million, we should have a choice of high scoring players to choose from, ones who start games and score goals consistently over time.

KristianMackle

I'm afraid if we sign him, after a few years, he'll be yearning to go back to Madrid. Spanish players who have an affinity with Madrid almost always look to go back if given the chance at some point.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Why is he a better signing than Icardi or other strikers though? For £60 million, we should have a choice of high scoring players to choose from, ones who start games and score goals consistently over time.
I read Inter were asking 110m euros for Icardi :lol:
The market has truly gone crazy tbh

AndyJ1985

Whether we should have or not is irrelevant. The fact is we don't have a large choice if players to choose from.

GJNJ

He is a Madridista -- hopefully, in 2-3 years time, he doesnt dream of playing for Los Blancos again. Our last purchase from them didnt last very long.
I don't have an issue with that. The only way he will go back there is if he does really well for us and scores a bucket load of goals, which i would take at this point. They would have to pay a large fee to us with the addition of the piss take tax that they are adding on to his worth currently for us to buy him.

Not many players are going to stay at a club throughout their career unless they have a real affiliation for them.

Zoo

I'm afraid if we sign him, after a few years, he'll be yearning to go back to Madrid. Spanish players who have an affinity with Madrid almost always look to go back if given the chance at some point.
He didn't want to leave Juve but they activated their buyback option and gave him assurances which weren't met. Don't think he'll have much appetite to return if he feels important with us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He already left madrid and went back once. Madrid wont ever see him as their main striker because they always need the biggest stars, and for the time being at least, someone who brings the best out of ronaldo to be the starter. That isnt Morata. You can be sure they'll go all out for mbappe the next few windows until they get him so Morata wont ever be their starting #9 and I think hes over being a squad player.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Juan, Ander and Dave will be thrilled. Let's hope he is more like them than Nolito.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't think transfers are done linearly mate.
Obviously but our focus is very much on a #9 currently I'm sure. Also with the center back stuff. The sooner everything gets done the better so everyone can get a full pre season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Apart from Aubameyang, I can't think of any striker that won't be a downgrade.

red thru&thru

Because Jose has worked with Morata before. He will have a very good idea on how he will perform within his team.

I've said this many a time before and I'll say it again...more than the technical ability last year, Jose 's biggest problem with our team was their mentality. On numerous occasions he questioned a lot of the players mentality. Having a winning mentality etc. For me, Morata looks to have all what Jose is looking for. Makes perfect sense.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Don't think transfers are done linearly mate.
I think to an extent they are, actually. The big ones, at least. Woodward can't be in two places at once. Obviously they're all worked on, at some capacity, but I'd imagine it's hard to go over the finishing touches and conclude more than one at a time.

Crashoutcassius

He is such a good all rounder that he is a good canvas to build an attack on. He also works very hard which brings a bit of balance an means we can maybe play another player that contributes less defensively.

Unfortunately doesn't complete our attack, but gets us close I think, and only 24

idmanager

I wouldn't mind us buying him at all to be honest. 60 million seems like a push, but well, we haven't been the best negotiators in the recent years have we?

Of course, the one thing that could ruin this transfer for me is the addition of a buy back clause. Doesn't matter even if its 120 million. I would hate the whole transfer. The thought of Madrid getting him back if he reaches greatness here would scare us all as long as he remains considering he is a Madrid lad. No big club should agree for a buy back clause for one of the players they buy. This is why despite all the recent success, Juventus will not be as big as the other top dogs anytime soon. You make yourselves look like pushovers when you let the Madrids and Barcelonas insert buy back clauses.

Ole90+3

my point is, he openly states that he wants to stay with Madrid. Up until that point the best rumour was that he was off to milan, now that same great journo says jose is constantly calling him. Which leads me to think on morata, Di Marzio might not be getting very good info.

This "rumour" for Morata to MUFC seems to be built on a foundation of egg shells laying in quick sand.
Seems like Di Marzio wasn't far off once again, eh?

Ibi Dreams

I hope this happens, really think he could be about to step up. He hasn't been given a proper chance as a first choice player in his career yet, I'm excited to see what he can do

Red Devil Rising

Strong, fast, good in the air, intelligent, serial winner with Real Madrid and Juventus and has a wonderful habit of scoring in big games.

What's not to want?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
5 years ago this kind of player would've cost no more than 15 million. At a stretch.

Fracture90

Thing is what you're saying is an ideal scenario, but the truth is that the market is overblown and atm quality #9 are scarce to find.

He is better than Icardi because he offers more, he isn't limited to 16 yard box like Icardi.

Red_Aaron

price is crazy but could fit very well with Rashers and Martial i reckon.
that's an exciting front 3 with near 10 years ahead of it

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Such as?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Will be great if true. I think he is one of the best option we could have this summer.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
5 years ago this kind of player would've cost no more than 15 million. At a stretch.
Nah, 5 years ago he would have cost £30m. He's 24 with 20 Spanish caps and has been very good the past 3 seasons. David Silva was £25m 7 years ago, Jovetic was £25m 4 years ago.

Dir Wangem

I just watched a YouTube video of him, so I'm an expert now.

Seriously though, he looks like a classic poacher. Half his goals are headers, and most of the other goals are tap-ins. His finishing technique seems to be top class. We've been missing that post-Fergie, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.