Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hopefully this gets finished soon so we can move on to getting supporting attackers, like a winger to play on the left. And a midfielder. Hopefully morata can make the step up with the added expectations and become a top striker.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He scored more goals than Benzema and Bale last season. Only Ronaldo scored more goals than him for Real (although he did score more than double Morata but you know...we're talking about the greatest goalscorer ever).

His record for Juve wasn't amazing but he did score crucial goals at crucial times. He was the reason Real Madrid weren't in the 2015 CL final and therefore why they haven't been in the last 4 finals.

He scored 3 goals at the Euros in 4 matches which is impressive.

The fact he hasn't got everyone in here wanking I almost see as a good thing. Di Maria, Falcao and every Schneiderlin had this place going berserk and look how they turned out.

FOR5

He scores a hell of a lot of headed goals, makes it look easy too

NotQuiteManc

Hopefully this latest news is true. Would love to watch United play good football again, and hopefully it will be spearheaded by the likes of Morata, Pogba, Herrera and Rashford (and maybe few more quality acquisitions) for years and years to come.

Red_Beans

I get the impression he is on the verge of going up a level. I am surprised Real are letting him go, I really rate him. Hopefully he can fulfill his potential with us. Regular starts, Mourinho has faith in him and he is a good age. Lets get in done Woody!

Coxy

He scored more goals than Benzema and Bale last season. Only Ronaldo scored more goals than him for Real (although he did score more than double Morata but you know...we're talking about the greatest goalscorer ever).

His record for Juve wasn't amazing but he did score crucial goals at crucial times. He was the reason Real Madrid weren't in the 2015 CL final and therefore why they haven't been in the last 4 finals.

He scored 3 goals at the Euros in 4 matches which is impressive.

The fact he hasn't got everyone in here wanking I almost see as a good thing. Di Maria, Falcao and every Schneiderlin had this place going berserk and look how they turned out.
That's not hard - he is always injured! ;)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The rumoured fees doesn't match his performances at all, but I can get behind this signing. He's got a really good all round game and if his improvement infront of goal is genuine and substantial enough, then he'll be a quality signing. Last season mustn't be just a purple streak though. He has to be capable of delivering 25-30 goals a season for that fee.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Good that we seem to be getting players with their best years ahead of them - Pogba, Bailly, Morata, Lindelof, etc - can grow as a team together

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can anyone help contextualise why he had a shit goal return at Juventus?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Can anyone help contextualise why he had a shit goal return at Juventus?
Seems to be gametime, looks like his minutes to goals were actually good, plus he didn't always play as the 9 anyway

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Sky have it as breaking news that we are still confident of getting him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The rumoured fees doesn't match his performances at all, but I can get behind this signing. He's got a really good all round game and if his improvement infront of goal is genuine and substantial enough, then he'll be a quality signing. Last season mustn't be just a purple streak though. He has to be capable of delivering 25-30 goals a season for that fee.
Forget the fee part. We are probably paying 10m more but we are very desperate and every one knows it. As long as he stays here for some time and help us win trophies we will forget the number involved.

ash_86

Looks like a great player we are getting. Lots of room to develop and coming in at the right age.

Robbie Boy

I would be delighted with this. I like Lukaku, but for me, he's a far better all round player.

LeCon

Supports
St Germain Le Fouilloux
Hopefully this gets finished soon so we can move on to getting supporting attackers, like a winger to play on the left. And a midfielder. Hopefully morata can make the step up with the added expectations and become a top striker.
Don't think transfers are done linearly mate.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He is a Madridista -- hopefully, in 2-3 years time, he doesnt dream of playing for Los Blancos again. Our last purchase from them didnt last very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.