Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
the spanish welbeck. if JM thinks he is good enough, I am fine with it.
Some clown said similar the
They are much better suited on the field. The Griezmann Pogba combo sounds good in theory and off the field they are massive, but on the field i think Pogba could thrive more with Morata, due to playing further forward and leaving room for Pogba behind him to operate as he wishes
Yep, agree.
There was a huge question of how it'd work with the pair of them, without sacrificing some of Pogba's strengths. Most of us just thought, we'll worry about that later, Jose must have a plan!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Agreed but Music aside his compilations are usually the best.
The music can make or break the video imo. Otherwise its just a bunch of edited sequences that anyone can throw together. The first minute or so of just intro is also a deal breaker, especially as most other videos don't them nearly that long.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It's good to see the Madrid fans on here rate him so highly. Tells you a lot to be honest.

I liked him at Madrid this year but thought he was rubbish at Euros but can't judge him solely on that.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Screw the fee. It's just money and not our money. Morata was such a game changer of the bench for us. We will not be able to replace him.
I am sad that he leaves. I don´t want to sell spanish players.
I'm surprised he wants to leave so soon. I honestly thought he was going to keep fighting for a place.
Don´t know what idea he had a year ago when he came. He started in Valdebebas so he should know that no one was going to secure him a position(although I think he played a lot) and that he would always have a lot of competition.
On the other hand, nobody assures him that the next year will be the same, playing shit matches.
At that point we have to trust the club, which I imagine has analyzed his virtues to get to play in Madrid in the future.
If they thought that was going to be a super top striker, they wouldn´t sell him, and I do not think they will fall into the mistake of not reinforcing the position; therefore we have to look at what they are going to pay us for a player from Valdebebas, that years ago was "rubbish" compared to la Masía.

Redo91

Not overly keen on this. I think this signing could stunt the growth of Rashford and I'd only be ok with that if we are signing a world class striker which he isn't. Such a shame Ibra got injured because the ideal would be to keep him another year along with Rashford.

My proper muppet signing to replace Ibra was Mbappe because he seems like a once in a generation talent.

We need an rvn

not 100% sure on this one, but there was an article recently of Mou on Mor and he basically said he gave him his debut, he is the one who made Real sign him on a new contract and he played him, and Mou left they sold him. If Mou feels he can be our no. 9, with Mou's belief in him, then do the job and get players in to feed the beast.

personally not convinced and would rather go for speed like Mmmbop but then I'm stuck teaching U7s at a village club and he's running the club I love so trust him more than my opinion

ROFLUTION

Not overly keen on this. I think this signing could stunt the growth of Rashford and I'd only be ok with that if we are signing a world class striker which he isn't. Such a shame Ibra got injured because the ideal would be to keep him another year along with Rashford.

My proper muppet signing to replace Ibra was Mbappe because he seems like a once in a generation talent.
There's plenty of games in the season though. Maybe it'd even develop them both more if there was some actual competition in the team. Competing with Rooney doesn't count.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
For the prices mentioned it would be a rip off.
From my calculations he's worth about 35.5 at the most, United could add 2 or 3 million but anything beyond that is crazy money.
United accountants don't know anything and for the mentioned prices it would be too heavy burden on his back and he would probably play badly.

Haha

I'm excited!!!!
Which top class strikers are you suggesting we sign for £30 million?

The market is inflated. £60-£70 million is the going rate for a top class striker these days whether we like it or not.

£35 million gets you a Benteke or Zaha.

Edit: you got me with your white text you scoundrel :D

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This lad seems to be much more part of the unit Jose is trying to create than say someone like lukaku. I think it'll be a good signing. He'll bring others into play really well and he can finish and scores headed goals too. He's coming here at a good age with a point to prove and he likes the manager. Will be Spain's CF for the next 5-7 years... the fee is crazy for everybody so I don't care about that anymore.

Dante

Average bang
I'm surprised he wants to leave so soon. I honestly thought he was going to keep fighting for a place.
Don´t know what idea he had a year ago when he came. He started in Valdebebas so he should know that no one was going to secure him a position(although I think he played a lot) and that he would always have a lot of competition.
On the other hand, nobody assures him that the next year will be the same, playing shit matches.
At that point we have to trust the club, which I imagine has analyzed his virtues to get to play in Madrid in the future.
If they thought that was going to be a super top striker, they wouldn´t sell him, and I do not think they will fall into the mistake of not reinforcing the position; therefore we have to look at what they are going to pay us for a player from Valdebebas, that years ago was "rubbish" compared to la Masía.
Does he have the potential to be the new Drogba? I'm just trying to gauge how Mourinho intends to use him.

I appreciate he's nothing like Drogba at the moment, but Jose made the conscious decision to mould Didier's game into what it became. I think that's the archetype he likes to go for in a centreforward, and it's what he was attempting to bring in with Zlatan.

ROFLUTION

not 100% sure on this one, but there was an article recently of Mou on Mor and he basically said he gave him his debut, he is the one who made Real sign him on a new contract and he played him, and Mou left they sold him. If Mou feels he can be our no. 9, with Mou's belief in him, then do the job and get players in to feed the beast.

personally not convinced and would rather go for speed like Mmmbop but then I'm stuck teaching U7s at a village club and he's running the club I love so trust him more than my opinion
:lol: This forum could benefit from having such self-awareness as this

Shark

@NotShark
It's good to see the Madrid fans on here rate him so highly. Tells you a lot to be honest.

I liked him at Madrid this year but thought he was rubbish at Euros but can't judge him solely on that.

Harry Kane also says hello.

0161_UNITED

On the other hand, this is Real Madrid we're talking about here. If he goes to United and kicks on, Perez wouldn't blink in spending huge to bring him back. That's probably his perspective.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Does he have the potential to be the new Drogba? I'm just trying to gauge how Mourinho intends to use him.

I appreciate he's nothing like Drogba at the moment, but Jose made the conscious decision to mould Didier's game into what it became. I think that's the archetype he likes to go for in a centreforward, and it's what he was attempting to bring in with Zlatan.
I do not know. The boy is very competitive and probably will be his first season playing 40/50 games in the line-up. Personally I think he will have great numbers and will be a super success in the Premier.
I imagine something like Cesc-Costa, simple pragmatic game, a creative midfielder and a hungry striker.
On the other hand, this is Real Madrid we're talking about here. If he goes to United and kicks on, Perez wouldn't blink in spending huge to bring him back. That's probably his perspective.
I don´t think so, It would be the second time.If he leaves he won´t go back.I can´t see United paying 80m€ and Madrid paying later 100m€ to bring him back.

spwd

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We could have another 60 games in the league. Martial is not a striker, he's a wide forward. Rashford is, but 3 strikers is fine. We can rotate them with others like I said. We struggled last season with an arguably better line up (Ibra instead of Moratta) what makes you think we're not gonna struggle this season?

Martial and Rashford are too young to be counted upon. Defoe would only be here for 1/2 years like Ibra.
You've not answered the question though, is he a better option than the current strikers we currently have? The answer is, of course, a resounding no. What makes you think an aging Defoe (he'll be 35 within 2 months of the new season) can succeed where Rashford, Martial and Zlatan failed? The reinforcements brought in this summer will strengthen the areas Mourinho beleives weakest and will allow us to adapt better to the managers tactics. Morata is the type of striker Mourinho wants: good with back to goal, strong, good in the air and great link up play. The polar opposite to Defoe.

There's a reason why, in the 8 years since he left Spurs the only team to pick him up was Spurs on loan, and he only played a few games then. He simply isn't good enough and we were going to bring in someone to play that far down the pecking order, we might as well give a chance to a youngster.

Sigma

You've not answered the question though, is he a better option than the current strikers we currently have? The answer is, of course, a resounding no. What makes you think an aging Defoe (he'll be 35 within 2 months of the new season) can succeed where Rashford, Martial and Zlatan failed? The reinforcements brought in this summer will strengthen the areas Mourinho beleives weakest and will allow us to adapt better to the managers tactics. Morata is the type of striker Mourinho wants: good with back to goal, strong, good in the air and great link up play. The polar opposite to Defoe.

There's a reason why, in the 8 years since he left Spurs the only team to pick him up was Spurs on loan, and he only played a few games then. He simply isn't good enough and we were going to bring in someone to play that far down the pecking order, we might as well give a chance to a youngster.
I just think 3 strikers, 2 of which are really young and still unproven to score a hat-full of goals and the other is also unproven (in England) is very risky. If we are going to re-sign Ibra in January (which I think we will) then I'm happy with that, but if we're not, we need another striker.

Ideally, we need 2 strikers, a winger, a midfielder and a centre back imo.

Inter Yer Nan

That is the standard approach. Pogba even made a top flop list in the English media, meanwhile someone like Xhaka didn't get a mention.

Also his transfer fee will be translated directly from Euros to Pounds and made to include add-ons, bonuses and wages.
Yeah, always got to laugh at that. If the pound was lower than the euro or the dollar I don't think we'd ever have that problem.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Yeah, always got to laugh at that. If the pound was lower than the euro or the dollar I don't think we'd ever have that problem.
I think the GBP dropped below the Euro today. Which might be one reason why Woody wants to haggle about paying bulk of the fees upfront.

prtk0811

My guess is yes but no idea really. The huge pricetag might bring a bit of unnessecary pressure though. I hope you guys don't expect a new Messi or anything.
People will expect Mourinho to turn him into RVN or atleast superior technical diego costa 2.0

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
You should be happy that he is joining your second favourite club.
I'm happy he's getting regular football under Mourinho in the Premier League just before the next World Cup, if he develops well into a sort of peak Fernando Torres he's going to be massive for Spain.

As for Real Madrid in all honestly I would rather him stay but I think is best to let go players who want to more playing time badly. It served us this season to have a very competitive squad but there's so long you keep a player like that until he starts to sulk and that competitiveness turns in a toxic environment. My only concern is he was a key player for us and if he leaves we do need to sign a striker; Mariano is also leaving so we do need someone that can push Benzema and make him work his ass off, which leads me to this...

:( Think about the fee :)
:drool:

fellaini's barber

Another reluctant Madrid evictee for us if true, no one seems to ever wanna leave there no matter how terrible they're treated. It's like these women in abusive relationships

bobglory

Try to look at it through the eye's of said players would you leave a current top 5 club to join the current united who since Fergie left I doubt are even top ten. We're bound to get back to the top eventually but I just don't see us having that draw right now. Money cant buy you anything and fair does were the richest club in the world but the other top clubs aren't exactly skint.
we signed pogba , zaltan , miki ,and bailly without cl last year , were still a huge draw for most players tho i think the problem is a lack of quality strikers out there that are available .
if you take away the obvious like barca , real , bayern , psg who wouldnt sell there best players anyway who else is out there to buy thats top tier?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm happy he's getting regular football under Mourinho in the Premier League just before the next World Cup, if he develops well into a sort of peak Fernando Torres he's going to be massive for Spain.

As for Real Madrid in all honestly I would rather him stay but I think is best to let go players who want to more playing time badly. It served us this season to have a very competitive squad but there's so long you keep a player like that until he starts to sulk and that competitiveness turns in a toxic environment. My only concern is he was a key player for us and if he leaves we do need to sign a striker; Mariano is also leaving so we do need someone that can push Benzema and make him work his ass off, which leads me to this...
:drool:
I wonder if Borja Mayoral will take his place (a bit risky after his awful loan) or we will buy some top striker. I can´t see Mbappe coming this year

GJNJ

Another reluctant Madrid evictee for us if true, no one seems to ever wanna leave there no matter how terrible they're treated. It's like these women in abusive relationships
To be fair he wants to leave for more playing time. He isn't being force out the door.

AXVnee7

The music can make or break the video imo. Otherwise its just a bunch of edited sequences that anyone can throw together. The first minute or so of just intro is also a deal breaker, especially as most other videos don't them nearly that long.
I agree about the music! That's why I mute the video and play my own songs in the background

Macern

Pee pee pants
Dnt understand all the negativity around Morata. Yes, he is not what u call top-bracket yet but if you have seen him play then you will know that he is easily in top 5-7 strikers in Europe. Being a second choice is not because he is not capable to lead the line, its because Madrid is CR7 place and he likes playing with Benzema.

If you have seen Madrid play this season, then you would notice that CR7 is almost playing as a striker. Benzema makes the run to vacate the striker position and takes a defender with him and that makes space available to CR7 to run into. Morata doesn't do that. He takes up that space. Also, Benz is better when it comes it creating chances for CR7, specially from left hand side of attack. And thats why my friends, Benz starts ahead of Morata. But, I am pretty sure if this was CR7 of 4-5 years ago, when he was playing as winger, creating as many chances as scoring, then Morata would have been the first choice.

When Zizou played second choice team to rest the stars, Morata has been brilliant. He even came from bench to save Madrid on more than few occasions. Real are the team to win most points from loosing positions(comebacks) in la-liga this season and Morata has a big hand to play in that. Even yesterday in friendly against Colombia, Morata scored a fantastic header to equalize.

If Real are asking 60m for him, I wldnt say its a bad deal considering VVD was quoted at 70m. Yes, many players have come with reputation and big money and failed in EPL, but then you take that chance with each transfer.

So my fellow reds, transfer window has not even opened yet. Have some faith in Jose and enjoy other sports till the start of season. French Open has been good, F1 is competitive again after 5-6 years. So chillllllll and enjoy the summer :):):)
Excellent post and I completely agree

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Er what? Sid Lowe has said he wants to come to Premier League. Morata has also informed Madrid that he wants to leave to get more playing time. Stop talking nonsense.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Dnt understand all the negativity around Morata. Yes, he is not what u call top-bracket yet but if you have seen him play then you will know that he is easily in top 5-7 strikers in Europe. Being a second choice is not because he is not capable to lead the line, its because Madrid is CR7 place and he likes playing with Benzema.

If you have seen Madrid play this season, then you would notice that CR7 is almost playing as a striker. Benzema makes the run to vacate the striker position and takes a defender with him and that makes space available to CR7 to run into. Morata doesn't do that. He takes up that space. Also, Benz is better when it comes it creating chances for CR7, specially from left hand side of attack. And thats why my friends, Benz starts ahead of Morata. But, I am pretty sure if this was CR7 of 4-5 years ago, when he was playing as winger, creating as many chances as scoring, then Morata would have been the first choice.

When Zizou played second choice team to rest the stars, Morata has been brilliant. He even came from bench to save Madrid on more than few occasions. Real are the team to win most points from loosing positions(comebacks) in la-liga this season and Morata has a big hand to play in that. Even yesterday in friendly against Colombia, Morata scored a fantastic header to equalize.

If Real are asking 60m for him, I wldnt say its a bad deal considering VVD was quoted at 70m. Yes, many players have come with reputation and big money and failed in EPL, but then you take that chance with each transfer.

So my fellow reds, transfer window has not even opened yet. Have some faith in Jose and enjoy other sports till the start of season. French Open has been good, F1 is competitive again after 5-6 years. So chillllllll and enjoy the summer :):):)

Excellent post.

AndyJ1985

It's refreshing to read a sensible and well thought out post for a change, instead of reading drivel about him being the next Welbeck, or a Real Madrid bench warmer so he must be crap.

Woodzy

We really shouldn't get hung up on the price. We are going to start seeing players going for equally as obscene fees, probably as soon as this summer.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Deal done according to Onda cero 73 million euros, medical on monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.