Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

What has she got to with announcing a deal ?

If it was done why hasn't it been announced?
Big profile transfer often needs to get announcement when it's nearly wrapped up (player sign & register...) We're dealing with Madrid here. What if Perez changed his mind? DDG to Madrid couple years ago were pretty much done bar getting wrapped up. From having all parties in agreement to complete is another matter. Rather to be sure than getting real embarrassed for early announcement.

The point with the honeymoon is player also need respect for their privacy/ life outside of football from clubs. Crossing the line may change their mind when the signing is not "done" yet. It's not like Morata is short of option nor he's craving about Manchester weather :wenger:

Last edited:

Gasolin

Obviously we are waiting for the NYSE to reopen for trading before it can be officially announced.
Is that a joke or? There has been numerous posts just in this thread explaining why this is complete BS... Let's not go there, NYSE has nothing to do with our players' announcements.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Obviously we are waiting for the NYSE to reopen for trading before it can be officially announced.
This one is repeated, denied and dead pan humoured comments around it so much, it's impossible to tell which of these you are :)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Be extremely funny if we didn't end up signing him

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Well, we have about a week to announce the deal otherwise I suspect he will sign around the first League game of the season.
I think you're on the right track.

This is the week to announce new players. Maximum media exposure and a booster before pre season tour. If we are serious regarding Morata then we hopefully see some activity in the next few days.

el3mel

I think you're on the right track.

This is the week to announce new players. Maximum media exposure and a booster before pre season tour. If we are serious regarding Morata then we hopefully see some activity in the next few days.
The next 2 weeks are crucial and we should see at least 2 signings in it. Ed should speed things up.

Marzo

Been away for a holiday, come back and read 5 pages of absolutely nothing.
You, boys and girls are the Real Muppets!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You're making a mistake by presuming thread length is tantamount to something happening. Its actually more in line with nothing happening.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Apparently he was rushing back from honeymoon to get this transfer sorted.... This was about five days ago.

He must have run into Ed on urgent transfer business and they ended up in a bar somewhere and have been pissed for the last four days.

Marzo

You're making a mistake by presuming thread length is tantamount to something happening. Its actually more in line with nothing happening.
Yeah, but it's not the length that's the problem, at one stage (and believe me, I read every post ) I actually thought I had clicked on the wrong thread, while reading the posts.
I had to double check my top left page title.I really hate and love this place all at the same time. :)
Well, lets hope we get some tangible news very soon, this saga is dragging on, really does reflect the thread I suppose.

Suedesi

Stock market dealings are not a myth.
Which is why sensitive news relating to a publicly traded company are not generally released during trading hours as to not affect the stock's volatility.

So the weekend, would have been a perfect time to release such transfer, if it was already done.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Which is why sensitive news relating to a publicly traded company are not generally released during trading hours as to not affect the stock's volatility.

So the weekend, would have been a perfect time to release such transfer, if it was already done.
4th of July sounds like a good time to do it.

Cloud7

So I have a slightly different question, in order to break up the recurring themes.

I saw a few people in the thread mention he could be like a Torres in the PL. I haven't really watched him that much, so I have to ask, is he actually that quick? Prime Torres had some scary acceleration and pace

RedStarUnited

Doesnt the fact that this sentence leads with "obviously" mean that its sarcastic?

A few people have replied to it as if its not.

Hojoon

So I have a slightly different question, in order to break up the recurring themes.

I saw a few people in the thread mention he could be like a Torres in the PL. I haven't really watched him that much, so I have to ask, is he actually that quick? Prime Torres had some scary acceleration and pace
Nope. Stronger but not as explosive.

Dogaholic

So over this transfer already. You just know Perez is licking his lips at potentially dragging this on and ruining our plans.

Scrap it and move on to Belotti.

Hans Moleman

Yeah, feck this exorbitantly overpriced transfer, let's move onto an even more expensive player instead! That'll show 'em all!

lewwoo

I wonder if perez is dragging this out and being awkward on purpose as revenge for us not rolling over and giving them dave on the cheap. If there is any hint of that we should abort immediately and go for someone else. I'd be happy if we never had to deal with that club again.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Doesnt the fact that this sentence leads with "obviously" mean that its sarcastic?

A few people have replied to it as if its not.
Yes of course I was joking. I have absolutely zero insight on the inner workings of the Morata transfer saga.

Obviously I will be editing this post if/when Morata is announced at some point today. Obviously.

Hans Moleman

so is it happening today? what is the latest on this deal?
There has been no update for days now.

The optimist in me thinks that's because both sides are deep in final discussions and have agreed to keep chatter/leaks to a minimum out of respect for both parties.

The pessimist in me thinks it's going fecking nowhere and everything is awful and we're going to finish 9th

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
190 pages of this thread consists of absolutely nothing.
"A good player but not a 80 million player"
"Doesn't score much"
"Doesn't score much? Look at his stats per minute"
"Italian Welbeck"
"He's Spanish"

and so on...

Nick.

I don't think we're going to end up signing Morata. I wonder if it would be best to move on to other targets.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't think we're going to end up signing Morata. I wonder if it would be best to move on to other targets.
What other targets? There's only Belotti who will cost even more and has even less pedigree. Lukaku has gone. I know Everton now have money, but they are spending like a sailor in port.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
There are 3 big name strikers whose future is currently in limbo ie Belotti, Morata and Lukaku. Belotti is now being courted by Chelsea with rumours saying that Conte wants him at all costs. Morata was set to sign with us but we seem to have hit a snag. Lukaku has Mou's best buddy Mino as agent and Pogba is currently in holiday with him

lewwoo

What's happened to football that there are such a limited amount of viable options up front available. Back in the 90s we could of had a long list of potential forwards across the world who could have lead our front line.

King_Cantona07

There is a risk if this doesn't happen as united doesn't seem to be in talk for other strikers. Zlatan is gone and all we have is young rashford and Rooney who is still unfit and drinking. Martial doesn't still have in him for being central forward. He is best at left forward position.

Status
Not open for further replies.