Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
What is different in this latest news compared to "going to sign in few hours" news a week ago?

Last edited:

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Good sale, getting money back on a luxury player that we can upgrade upon.

RuudTom83

Not happy if he leaves, even if it is his wish...surely he could be convinced to give it another season!

Also if the line is dragged out that he wanted to go and LVG won't stand in any players way who doesn't want to wear the shirt...then why not let DDG go too.

come on Di Maria...one more season pls :devil:

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Who's the player we're getting as an upgrade then? Also they're mention 65 million euros which is about £46m?
Will have to wait and see on fee.

Pedro will be a better player for US if he signs. Will suit our style, will suit the system and will score goals.

In Van Gaals one striker system I can see so much space for Memphis and Pedro. Two wide players with a nose for goal.

Di Maria is too inconsistent, too luxury and too interested in his big pay packet to be a great for us I think.

m1tch

Not happy if he leaves, even if it is his wish...surely he could be convinced to give it another season!

Also if the line is dragged out that he wanted to go and LVG won't stand in any players way who doesn't want to wear the shirt...then why not let DDG go too.

come on Di Maria...one more season pls :devil:
This is true. Even if a player wants to go, its not always harmful to keep them. See Ronaldo, see Rooney. Should of let the 20 goal target hero go mind..

VanGaalEra

Has his wife started liking PSG posts on Instagram?

That's what she was doing in the build up to his transfer to us. I'm not believing it until she likes a PSG related post.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
it's been a "done deal" for weeks and weeks according to the French press.
But then him going to PSG was a done deal for all of last summer until we bought him!

Tedious stuff.

ThanksBoss26

Might benefit us when he turns up for training on Saturday to try and calm this circus down. I wonder if we'll involve him against PSG next week.

MAME DIOUF 32

I really hope he stays. He's an exceptional player and was a lot better through much of the season than he's getting credit for.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Di Maria = bench warmer.
De Gea = best GK in the World and our best player.

Good enough?

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
If they can stick two fingers up to FFP, signing Di Maria in a day will be a walk in the park. They certainly know where to apply the grease.
I've probably written this about twenty times, but FFP has been eased but they cannot make a loss this season.
The french press have also been saying over the course of the summer that they were signing Ronaldo, Pogba Bale, Reus and Lacazette - the PSG fans at this moment are a little disappointed that they have signed only Stambouli and Trapp.

Moriarty

I've probably written this about twenty times, but FFP has been eased but they cannot make a loss this season.
The french press have also been saying over the course of the summer that they were signing Ronaldo, Pogba Bale, Reus and Lacazette - the PSG fans at this moment are a little disappointed that they have signed only Stambouli and Trapp.
Sounds like a circus act.

To be honest, I'm not bothered either way about Di Maria but if he does go, I hope we squeeze PSG until the pips squeak. I don't fancy a swap deal involving Cavani either. I suppose we'll know in a few days what's going to happen.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Sounds like a circus act.

To be honest, I'm not bothered either way about Di Maria but if he does go, I hope we squeeze PSG until the pips squeak. I don't fancy a swap deal involving Cavani either. I suppose we'll know in a few days what's going to happen.
PSG is a circus act. I am bothered that AdM might go. And I certainly don't want Cavani. Hopefully this can be put to bed once and for all in the next few days

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
No idea why any player with real ambition would want to join PSG and play in that little lwague.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
So far it looks like it is the french media who is pushing more than anyone else. I wouldnt read too much into it

RetroStu

No idea why any player with real ambition would want to join PSG and play in that little lwague.
I could be wrong obviously but i think its a DeGea situation here where its probably more to do with his wife than DiMaria himself.

Parma Dewol

I kinda hope he stays. He had a dismal first season with some very poor performances, but there were moments of brilliance and I think he really just struggled to settle into the new environment. Burglary obviously not helping.

It'd be too easy to overlook his talent, though. If he can get settled and return to form, he could single-handedly light up the Premier League. A lot of attention is being paid to the new boys - Depay, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger - but come the end of the season, might we be saying Di Maria is the reason we won the title? Surely not outside the realms of possibility. If he plays to his potential, we might already have a Bale/Ronaldo/Muller in our ranks.

Would love to see him give it a real good go, but the question I guess is does he have the motivation or does he want to move on with his tail between his legs? Quite a few of us (myself included) are presuming the latter, but I do hope he proves us wrong.

JoaquinJoaquin

Let's be honest here, Di Maria like De Gea hasn't actually said he wants to leave so people writing him off and slating him is a bit premature IMO.

The transfer may well happen and I wouldn't be surprised if it did, But as of right now we know nothing set in stone that 'he wants out'.

redevil2

Let's be honest here, Di Maria like De Gea hasn't actually said he wants to leave so people writing him off and slating him is a bit premature IMO.

The transfer may well happen and I wouldn't be surprised if it did, But as of right now we know nothing set in stone that 'he wants out'.
I can say I am indifferent if he stays or not but I am leaning on wanting him to stay just because you really can't write off a player of his stature to one season's non performance. If LvG tries harder, maybe he can get him to be better. There is no guarantee a new star player can settle in so why take the risk. The key issue is whether he is desperate to leave. If he's being loved enough in the club, he won't be handing in a transfer methinks.

Anyway, I just saw something about he's close to joining PSG for £46M. The news is from Express quoting the French magazine "France Football"
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Paris-Saint-Germain-46m-Transfer-News-Gossip

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I can say I am indifferent if he stays or not but I am leaning on wanting him to stay just because you really can't write off a player of his stature to one season's non performance. If LvG tries harder, maybe he can get him to be better. There is no guarantee a new star player can settle in so why take the risk. The key issue is whether he is desperate to leave. If he's being loved enough in the club, he won't be handing in a transfer methinks.

Anyway, I just saw something about he's close to joining PSG for £46M. The news is from Express quoting the French magazine "France Football"
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Paris-Saint-Germain-46m-Transfer-News-Gossip
The Express newspaper isn't reliable.

Moriarty

This. We never have a great time with Argentinians do we.
Not so far. Something always seems to go wrong. We've had some great talent from that country too. Heinze was a damned good player for us, as was Tevez. Veron should have set the league on fire with his talent but failed both here and at Stamford Bridge. No it's Di Maria's turn. Can't help but cast envious glances at Aguero who has settled in well at City and scores for fun there. Maybe Estudiantes put a curse on us all those years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.