Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoskvaRed

Not so far. Something always seems to go wrong. We've had some great talent from that country too. Heinze was a damned good player for us, as was Tevez. Veron should have set the league on fire with his talent but failed both here and at Stamford Bridge. No it's Di Maria's turn. Can't help but cast envious glances at Aguero who has settled in well at City and scores for fun there. Maybe Estudiantes put a curse on us all those years ago.
You can extend that to South Americans - Forlan flopped despite being a very good player, Anderson was maybe our worst ever signing on a pound for pound basis (pounds sterling that is - he weighed in a lot with the other sort), Kleberson was a waste of time, the Da Silva twins fizzled out and then of course there is El Tigre. I think Rojo might buck the trend assuming he doesn't tire of Manchester but we'll see.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
No idea why any player with real ambition would want to join PSG and play in that little lwague.
I'll give you some reasons:
1. weather is nice in Paris (something his family would push for)
2. he'll find it easier to score/assist
3. he'll be in a team, which he wanted to join for quite a while (MUFC was his plan B)
4. ADM will get first team football - pretty much guaranteed
5. if he stays at MUFC, there is a real risk that he may not even make the bench and would hardly play.
6. if he can't play in the first team, it could affect his chances to play for Argentina
7. if he doesn't play regularly, it may affect his form.

Apart from money and the fact that he is already here, there is no other reason why ADM should logically stay.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
3. he'll be in a team, which he wanted to join for quite a while (MUFC was his plan B)
5. if he stays at MUFC, there is a real risk that he may not even make the bench and would hardly play.
6. if he can't play in the first team, it could affect his chances to play for Argentina

Apart from money and the fact that he is already here, there is no other reason why ADM should logically stay.
United being a bigger club plays no part no?

Moriarty

You can extend that to South Americans - Forlan flopped despite being a very good player, Anderson was maybe our worst ever signing on a pound for pound basis (pounds sterling that is - he weighed in a lot with the other sort), Kleberson was a waste of time, the Da Silva twins fizzled out and then of course there is El Tigre. I think Rojo might buck the trend assuming he doesn't tire of Manchester but we'll see.
Indeed. Not a great track record is it? Wonder why?

Moriarty

Paris is freezing in the winter. I used to take the missus there in January and February and we'd have the city to ourselves. Made the mistake of hoofing it up part of the Eiffel Tower and almost broke my damned neck slipping on the icy metal staircase. Summer time can be stifling there. Even the Parisians abandon the place to tourists during August. Apart from that, the rest of your points are well-taken.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

1. Paris is not in the South of France
2. So would I
3. Not true
4. He will here, same as every one else
5. What are you on about
6. Even though he played less in the second half of the season he played in the Copa America
7. Applies to anyone

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Not yet time for French media's daily dose of exclusive and breaking news of the night claiming deal is done, right? I guess usually 8:30-9:30PM BST is their preferred time.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Heinze was player of the year, Tevez was quite good even though neither episode ended well. Valencia is still here and a reasonable success depending on what your expectations were for him long term. Ofcourse we all know Veron.

Chelsea and City have had some reasonable luck with Brazilians and Argentinians recently but South Americans typically don't come to England often and when they do, it does not work out.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
So, if he truly doesn't want to be here, and we seem to be happy to let him go... Why hasn't he gone? Why is he happy to join the team tomorrow? He should be angered by the request from LvG!

Americano

Make America Great Again!
If he does go, it's going to be a slap in the face of Woodward and co thats for sure.
It won't make me happy to see him go. But maybe there is a practical side to selling him on. His replacement will likely be on lower wages, at a smaller transfer fee, and potentially more productive under our manager & system. Smart business.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
1. Paris is not in the South of France
2. So would I
3. Not true
4. He will here, same as every one else
5. What are you on about
6. Even though he played less in the second half of the season he played in the Copa America
7. Applies to anyone
How is 3 not true? Unless you mean 'Not true. We were his plan C, after staying in Madrid and joining PSG.'

Moriarty

Heinze was player of the year, Tevez was quite good even though neither episode ended well. Valencia is still here and a reasonable success depending on what your expectations were for him long term. Ofcourse we all know Veron.

Chelsea and City have had some reasonable luck with Brazilians and Argentinians recently but South Americans typically don't come to England often and when they do, it does not work out.
The South American vanguard-Ardiles and Villa, did pretty well for Spurs as I recall. About the same time, we were supposedly in for Daniel Passarella who was a pretty handy defender for a position we were deficient in. I don't know why it didn't work out.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
It won't make me happy to see him go. But maybe there is a practical side to selling him on. His replacement will likely be on lower wages, at a smaller transfer fee, and potentially more productive under our manager & system. Smart business.
Buying him for £60m and then selling after a year doesn't seem like smart business to me.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
United being a bigger club plays no part no?
Not to a modern footballer earning astronomical amounts of cash. I doubt they give a shit most of the time, I would rather be in Paris no doubt.

Fans find it hard to understand that most footballers wont feel the same affinity for their club.

RooneyLegend

Sad to see him leave. He's the only midfielder in the team that can breach the midfield line(apart from Janu, but I've learnt to accept that he's never gonna play there). Possession football without such a player vs another team that plays with 3 mids turns tumescent quickly hence he's so important to us.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Gutting he's not gonna be given another chance but maybe it's best to cut losses early.

Hope we buy someone top draw to replace him with.

I just don't see much flair in attack in our squad right now.

MoskvaRed

I forgot about Valencia. Tevez had a good season in 07/08 but City and Juve saw the best of him. Heinze had one good season as far as I can recall before getting injured. All in all, we have had a very poor return from some very talented players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
People are talking like he's already gone. Has anything actually happened, that isn't from the original "France Football" source?
it's like people have forgotten that ALL of last summer PSG were linked, had signed him, was a done deal.

Yet we ended up with him

MoskvaRed

it's like people have forgotten that ALL of last summer PSG were linked, had signed him, was a done deal.

Yet we ended up with him
True but since then, he has deservedly spent several months on our bench. Meanwhile, we have spent lots of money on players and would no doubt like to offset some of that expenditure.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
People are talking like he's already gone. Has anything actually happened, that isn't from the original "France Football" source?
No, The article from France Football was written by their North African football expert:rolleyes:, the RMC guy is saying that he never said that there was an agreement in place, the original article was from Goal France and have gone very quiet and L'Equipe has said nothing for 3 days, only PSG related was a supposed bid for Lacazette at €38m
In other words.....

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I still fully expect di Maria to be in the lineup for our first BPL game of the season. The season is only two weeks away and with each passing day, the likelihood of him leaving becomes less and less as I'm sure van Gaal doesn't want to sell a star player so shortly before the season. We purposefully got our transfer business done early this time, so unless di Maria pulls a Sterling, I doubt LVG will want to sell him.

Moriarty

No, The article from France Football was written by their North African football expert:rolleyes:, the RMC guy is saying that he never said that there was an agreement in place, the original article was from Goal France and have gone very quiet and L'Equipe has said nothing for 3 days, only PSG related was a supposed bid for Lacazette at €38m
In other words.....
United's Outer Mongolian expert says he'll stay. Who to believe?

talking robot

I think we're negotiating with Pedro, and if he decides to come, we will sell Di Maria for roughly 50 million pounds to PSG. Everytime Van Gaal is asked, he never denies that Di Maria will be sold. Instead he just says that he is in a process. My feeling is that if we bring in Pedro plus a very good defender using the Di Maria money, that will have been good business. If Pedro doesn't want to move, we will likely stick with Di Maria.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think we're negotiating with Pedro, and if he decides to come, we will sell Di Maria for roughly 50 million pounds to PSG. If we bring in Pedro plus a very good defender using the Di Maria money, that will have been good business. If Pedro doesn't want to move, we will stick with Di Maria.
Excellent, its settled then.

Flying_Heckfish

If he really wants to leave for the two-bit French league then he hasn't got the mentality required.

It'll still be annoying if we make a loss, mind

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If he really wants to leave for the two-bit French league then he hasn't got the mentality required.

It'll still be annoying if we make a loss, mind
I believe we will probably either break even or take a small loss if he leaves this summer, which would actually be good business since we shelled out far too much for him last year in the first place. I'm told we didn't pay Madrid the entire sum upfront, with the final 25% contingent on appearances/stats etc.

talking robot

I believe we will probably either break even or take a small loss if he leaves this summer, which would actually be good business since we shelled out far too much for him last year in the first place. I'm told we didn't pay Madrid the entire sum upfront, with the final 25% contingent on appearances/stats etc.
We may take a small loss on him, but on the other hand we seem to have gotten fairly good deals for Schweini and Matteo. If we get in Pedro at 22 million (which I think is significantly under his market value), the loss on Di Maria will have been negated. So we'd be breaking about even in my opinion.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We may take a small loss on him, but on the other hand we seem to have gotten fairly good deals for Schweini and Matteo. If we get in Pedro at 22 million (which I think is significantly under his market value), the loss on Di Maria will have been negated. So we'd be breaking about even in my opinion.
Yes, I agree. I think we won't miss much based on Adm's contributions last year and will probably get a few more goals out of Pedro

Red-Jeff

Yes, I agree. I think we won't miss much based on Adm's contributions last year and will probably get a few more goals out of Pedro
Relative to last season, sure. He scores or assists in every other game (including last season), that is quite a bit to miss out on. My only concern is his ability to fit into the system but he is very talented so I think he can and hope he will.

Not saying stats are everything just that we could be missing out on a sizable goal/assist tally if we move him on.

dinners85

I'll be sad to see him go.

Forget the money - we saw glimpses of his quality in the early part of last season.

I think he's up there with the best players in the league but if his heart and soul isn't in it we should get shot.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

No it really really isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.