g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasolin

I just don't get the sense he is as thrilled to play for us as our other new signings. The 2nd half of the season he was mentally not here at all and if he is still open to a transfer let him go.

Agreed...40M + Lucas Moura would be a great deal for us.
Wow I don't know what you see in Lucas Moura but it that deals happen, PSG would have screwed Manchester United up big time.

ravi2

Wow I don't know what you see in Lucas Moura but it that deals happen, PSG would have screwed Manchester United up big time.
And if adm has another stinker of a season his value will plummet.
I would like to be proven wrong by him but I don't see it happening, my gut tells me he isn't too thrilled to be playing for MUFC.

I think Lucas moura is a solid RW who LVG can make better, it doesn't matter because I think we will get Pedro.

NK86

I would like to be proven wrong by him but I don't see it happening, my gut tells me he isn't too thrilled to be playing for MUFC.

I think Lucas moura is a solid RW who LVG can make better, it doesn't matter because I think we will get Pedro.
He may or may not but I don't think we can rely on your gut instincts :p
Moreover, Moura has rejected us once and has had kind of a revival under Blanc. He is getting a lot of games at PSG. What makes you think he would be interested in coming here? If PSG force him to move, we would have the same situation as what you think we have with Di Maria but with a player who is not as good as the Argentine.

hebegebe

If ADM does one to Paris, I can really see us going all out for the Jug-eared boy wonder, not a second rate player like Pedro.

United22

Lucas Moura is just a decent speed merchant, we shouldn't be looking to bring either him or Pedro in. If we lose Di Maria we should be getting a player like Bale

ravi2

Lucas Moura is just a decent speed merchant, we shouldn't be looking to bring either him or Pedro in. If we lose Di Maria we should be getting a player like Bale

I agree, Bale would be my 1st choice for a winger but he seems to have as little interest in playing for us as Di Maria does. I'd rather someone who wants to play for MUFC.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's Bale or Reus for me.

I think Bale is an absolute no go though, we wouldn't be wasting our time in negotiations over Ramos if we thought there was any way we could use De Gea as leverage for Bale.

ravi2

He may or may not but I don't think we can rely on your gut instincts :p
Moreover, Moura has rejected us once and has had kind of a revival under Blanc. He is getting a lot of games at PSG. What makes you think he would be interested in coming here? If PSG force him to move, we would have the same situation as what you think we have with Di Maria but with a player who is not as good as the Argentine.

It is true my friend, my gut instinct sometimes leaves a bit to be desired :)
Perhaps Moura isnt interested in coming here, so maybe Pedro?
Literally anyone who really wants to play for Manchester United would do a better job than ADM did last season, especially for the 2nd half, he looked like he couldn't be bothered.

RedStarUnited

It is true my friend, my gut instinct sometimes leaves a bit to be desired :)
Perhaps Moura isnt interested in coming here, so maybe Pedro?
Literally anyone who really wants to play for Manchester United would do a better job than ADM did last season, especially for the 2nd half, he looked like he couldn't be bothered.
Your last sentence, people said the same about RVP and look how wrong it turned out to be.

Lets not substitute quality players for those who 'can be bothered' for the sake of it.

stevoc

I agree, Bale would be my 1st choice for a winger but he seems to have as little interest in playing for us as Di Maria does. I'd rather someone who wants to play for MUFC.
I agree, though that player wouldn't be Lucas Moura. He had his chance 3 years ago and turned his nose up.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If ADM does one to Paris, I can really see us going all out for the Jug-eared boy wonder, not a second rate player like Pedro.
Looking at the news coming from Madrid, there's a better chance we might get Cristiano than Bale. He appears ordained to be the crown prince now as long as Perez is the president.

Suedesi

I really think we should minimize the player turnover at the club, because invariably high churn would come with a bedding period and we saw how shaky we were for large parts of the campaign last season.

As such, I'd prefer AdM to stay at least for another year.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I really think we should minimize the player turnover at the club, because invariably high churn would come with a bedding period and we saw how shaky we were for large parts of the campaign last season.

Yes, the turnover issue may cause another wobbly start as the likes of Schneiderlin/Basti/Darmian etc get used to their surroundings. Having ADM here would be a massive plus.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
L'equipe running the story PSG don't want to pay the fee we want, I could've told you that a while ago. They don't have the funds to afford him, nor do they do swap deals. They haven't got bucketloads of cash to splash now their punishment is lifted, they still need to balance their books and break even this year.

BM already confirmed they won't sell players to us and that they never do swap deals so that pretty much leaves the scenario open of BM throwing 85m Euro our way: their current transfer fee record is 40m Euro Javi Martinez (calculated with weak euro, probably was less). Can't see it happening.
Why do PSG need to balance the books when they have those billionaire owners? Have they decided to control their spending or something

ravi2

Your last sentence, people said the same about RVP and look how wrong it turned out to be.

Lets not substitute quality players for those who 'can be bothered' for the sake of it.

I dont think RVP couldnt be bothered, he appeared to be trying to me....I just think he lost form and couldnt regain it back. LVG gave him a good run of games but he couldnt re-find that spark.

ravi2

I agree, though that player wouldn't be Lucas Moura. He had his chance 3 years ago and turned his nose up.
Perhaps not Lucas Moura, but a RW/RM in that mould....Pedro, Felipe Anderson...someone like that would suit us IMO.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
Why do PSG need to balance the books when they have those billionaire owners? Have they decided to control their spending or something
Many people read 'sanctions PSG lifted' and think they can throw money around again when it isn't true, this means that they no longer are limitted in their CL squad size but if they continue to spend more than they generate they will be punished again. They currently are just in the green for FFP, if they spend more than they earn this transfer window they'll be back to balancing their books again. The owner doesn't care about the money, but he does care about complying to the rules which means he's limitted in what he can spend right now. PSG can't afford 85m unless they sell a star player (which they wont), they also need strenghtening in CM since Thiago Motta and Rabiot are leaving.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Cash, and a lot of it. We shouldn't settle for anything else as we know PSG are loaded.
Yeah. Our finances are great obviously and could manage the loss, but Woody won't allow us to be hosed on a deal just because AdM (or his wife) is sulking.

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
We need a 20+ striker
I don't think we do.

Chelsea for example last year only 2 players scored more than 10 goals in all competitions - Hazard(17) and Costa(20).

If Rooney is played as a striker as he should be and not as a midfielder, he'd get 15-20 goals.

Pedro will get you 10-15, depending on game time. Mata can probably get 10, Depay 10, AdM 5-6, Herrera 5-6, Schweinsteiger 5-6, which is about 70 goals from our attacking players.

We'll probably get some out of our defenders and young players (Wilson, Zanuzaj), and our squad players.

All in all I can see a good distribution in terms of goals if we only get Pedro.

ChaddyP

Di Maria to me looks like for psg what has happened with us over the years with Ronaldo, sniejder, vidal etc. Lots of noise. Nothing eventually happens. About time it happened to someone else I think

Wicked_Badger

There's no one that we're going to sell to that can realistically afford him. As said previously, PSG have to balance the books & BM have to utterly smash their transfer record. Barca/Real are out and we're obviously not going to punt him to one of the PL crowd.

He's here to stay & I hope he'll kick on. Can be a wonderful player in a couple of different positions & with the squad we're assembling I'm sure he can thrive once he settles.

Add Pedro, an experienced CB, keep everyone else (bar identified deadwood) & we're in for a fun season.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He seems not happy at OT. Sell him for 50m and lets bring someone who would settle in England better

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don’t understand why people wouldn’t sell him if we don’t get our money back. The truth is he isn’t worth 60m, he never was (as a winger). He was close to that price as a midfielder for Madrid, but he never will play that role for us, now it’s more obvious than ever.

Another season like the previous one and we will be trying to get rid of him, but the offers will oscillate around 20m. IMO he will go the Nani route if he stays here, I have not seen anything from him that makes me believe he will suddenly turn things around.

Copa America and his injury means that he won’t be training with the rest of the team (again). He lost the fight for place in starting XI with Young and Mata. Now it seems he will be facing competition from Depay too.

Personally I think he will leave on first occasion, I don’t care what he said about staying here next season. And I don’t think van Gaal will be trying to stop him. There is a big chance he won’t play in United shirt again IMO.

fatboy

I don’t understand why people wouldn’t sell him if we don’t get our money back. The truth is he isn’t worth 60m, he never was (as a winger). He was close to that price as a midfielder for Madrid, but he never will play that role for us, now it’s more obvious than ever.

Another season like the previous one and we will be trying to get rid of him, but the offers will oscillate around 20m. IMO he will go the Nani route if he stays here, I have not seen anything from him that makes me believe he will suddenly turn things around.

Copa America and his injury means that he won’t be training with the rest of the team (again). He lost the fight for place in starting XI with Young and Mata. Now it seems he will be facing competition from Depay too.

Personally I think he will leave on first occasion, I don’t care what he said about staying here next season. And I don’t think van Gaal will be trying to stop him. There is a big chance he won’t play in United shirt again IMO.
Agree with this. LvG himself said we overpaid, and that was after his best season as a midfielder. Sadly that postion and role he played for Madrid doesn't seem to exist in LvG's tactics. And it's sad to see a free running, sublimely skillful player being slowly reeled in and eventually benched. Things were actually getting worse for him as the season progressed. I think anything above 40mil bid should be seriously considered. He should probably have cost us no more than 50mil to begin with.

Lentwood

If he isn't happy let him go, I'm not interested in having anybody here who isn't 100% committed to the club. We have Depay, Young, Mata, Janujaz, Valencia and even Pereira who are all capable of playing wide so it isn't like we are short of options. I don't like the idea of signing "Galacticos" anyway - mega expensive and it's just not the same as having a player grow up at the club

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja

Totally. Frustrates me that people don't see this and would happily go into next season with an almost completely different first XI!

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Sets a bad precedent in the post Fergie Era if we sell.

Foreign big names may be weary of coming here.

Selling after a poor second half of a debut season is not right. Especially if you consider what he showed in the first half of the season.

marcomanmufc

Selling after a poor second half of a debut season is not right. Especially if you consider what he showed in the first half of the season.
I see what you're saying, but i think WC players wouldn't even consider that tbh. They'll be so confident in their own abilities, they'll not give the fact that ADM was here for only 12 months a second thought.

I can almost guarantee that we won't be selling ADM against his will too. Fact of the matter is that we wouldn't even have got him if PSG hadn't got hit by FFP.

Ballache

Supports
Martial

TBF , if he leaves it'll say more about his mentality rather than the club's . If he's willing to give up so fast then I'm not sure I want him here.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I remember the first time I really watched him play. Against us in the CL. He was fantastic until he got injured and was their biggest threat. Our defenders seemed so scared to get close to him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

Totally. Frustrates me that people don't see this and would happily go into next season with an almost completely different first XI!
Doesn’t matter as Di Maria wasn’t even first choice in the second part of the season, when we had our best run of games. He hasn’t settled, and he won’t be available for the start of EPL campaign anyway.

If we replaced him for example with Pedro, he could start training with us next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.