‘Elite’ hipster CBs vs Maguire & Lindelöf

git_united

Banter aside I imagine that it'd be quite enlightening to watch other CBs closely especially if you have something riding on the game. You'd quickly realize that the grass isn't that much greener though greener it is.

Trequarista10

what is Lindelof good at to be considered the best in the world? can't tackle, weak in the air, no pace.

As a back 3 it would not be excellent as 2 of the CBs are only ok so at best it would lessen their glaring weaknesses. The standard of CB must really be gutter if these are considered the worlds best
In a back three his comparative weakness would be minimised.

Lee565

A fit jones should be ahead of these two, he along with bailly he is our most aggressive defender who doesn't get bullied easily

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How come everyone is complaining about Maguire? He's better than your hipster favorite CB's!

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
How come everyone is complaining about Maguire? He's better than your hipster favorite CB's!
Dont know if you’re serious. But we have a CB on the bench with
4x Champions league titles
1x World cup winner
3x La liga titles

Do you think he have any respect for someone like Maguire? Who also still is captain of our club despite last seasons debacle? Its just really really worrying that even EtH didnt changed it before the season..

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Banter aside I imagine that it'd be quite enlightening to watch other CBs closely especially if you have something riding on the game. You'd quickly realize that the grass isn't that much greener though greener it is.
Good post

SAFMUTD

:lol: Martinez was awful this game. I can't believe this guy was poty in the Dutch league. Shows how different the level of competition is.
I guess you're talking about the Brentford disaster, and you'd be right.

Thankfully he's been really good the next three matches.

peridigm

I suspect we'll see these two in the cup matches and the occasional EL appearance once we've sealed group stages. What I want to know is which of these two will take Varane or Martinez's spot when they become injured or suspended.

Newtonius

I suspect we'll see these two in the cup matches and the occasional EL appearance once we've sealed group stages. What I want to know is which of these two will take Varane or Martinez's spot when they become injured or suspended.
Shit for shit at that point aint it, probably Maguire if its Varane and Lindelof if its Martinez.

RedOrange

:lol:
It’s great we appreciate each other on the happy Caf
Generally I'm not in favor of flame wars but there are a fair few axe-grinding bad faith posters throughout the internet who deserve to be dismissed or ridiculed sometimes.

If people put in a decent effort to make thoughtful observations and predictions, they should be respected for it. If someone posts pointless, predictable drivel like "he's shite cos he came from the Eredivisie" then idk why they would expect not to be ridiculed, especially when they're obviously wrong.

peridigm

Shit for shit at that point aint it, probably Maguire if its Varane and Lindelof if its Martinez.
True, but it's bound to happen. I was thinking the opposite considering Varane plays on the right where Lindelof normally plays and Maguire on the left where Martinez plays.

Witchking

What you think now?
Don't expect a decent opinion from people who cannot understand that a new player is coming from a different league, different team and want immediate results in a team that has been a mess and without a decent pre-season with the club.Not worth your time honestly.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Don't expect a decent opinion from people who cannot understand that a new player is coming from a different league, different team and want immediate results in a team that has been a mess and without a decent pre-season with the club.Not worth your time honestly.
Yeah, unfortunately that is the case. Same with the manager actually, there was a huge meltdown after 2 games

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I already said we had a bad defense in the lock out season because we basically averaged conceding a goal a game while playing with a backline there barely did anything in attack while we played McFred to help shield them and Saamsky came out with this gem of a thread :lol: :houllier:

Tony247

:lol: Martinez was awful this game. I can't believe this guy was poty in the Dutch league. Shows how different the level of competition is.
sometimes I can't figure out if you are just wumming or you mean it.

R'hllor

The OP was a fecking weirdo tbh.
Was he the one that made thread about how Ole schooling hipster managers in CL group after which we didnt go through?

Edit: If so, he has issues with hipsters it would seem

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Koulibali was touted around for £80m. Varane would cost similar. Such high cost players have to perform on the big stage, or at least be faultless.

But watching these super elite centre backs in last 24 hours, it’s very clear that Maguire and Lindelöf are far better at actual defending than many of our fans give them credit. The bullcrap agenda against them has to stop.

neither is natural as ball playing defenders, such as Rio, VVD or Kompany, but we have only just started playing that way and i think they will both dramatically improve on this next season.
Oh how time wearies us. :lol:

Robbie Boy

Was he the one that made thread about how Ole schooling hipster managers in CL group after which we didnt go through?

Edit: If so, he has issues with hipsters it would seem
Yeah, he was a bit obsessed with Ole; like to a worrying level.

norm87cro

Look I have been bashing Lindelof on this site for 5 years now and I really do consider him to be worse than Maguire (who does have a future in the PL and Lindelof hasnt) but to be fair to both of them CBs are all about partnership and understanding and since they are both very different they were doomed from the start.
Vidic didnt look like a world class CB until he relaxed and formed an understanding with Rio. (Who was always World class).