“Joke of a club”

cyberman

I haven’t seen a Sancho v Grealish debate outside of this forum.

Ludens the Red

I don't know if it's the same at other big clubs, I'm not really interested in the likes of City or Chelsea or Liverpool so I don't visit their forums, but somehow I doubt it.
I can assure you it is the same if not worse due to the success those other teams you mention have had. It’s how things work now due to the various forums, social media sites etc. Everyone is falling over themselves giving an opinion.

Man City have won 3/4 league titles and multiple cups. If you went on their forum at times last season you will see large scale abuse of the likes of Sterling, Walker, Mendy and even Guardiola. There was even a stage where they were suggesting they were better without De Bruyne.
And this is a team who have been cleaning up trophies. United haven’t won anything in four years.

Sweet Square

Yes and naturally we will talk about (positively and negatively) our own players more. But if someone turns round and wants to debate player ability - which is a big part of this forum - you can’t just have blanket statements about how x is better than y and not accept people might think differently.

There are some trolls on here but you can just spot their posts a mile. Use the ignore button and this place is phenomenal.
The meltdown yesterday before the game wasn't just the odd few, same with the people moaning in the matchday when the final score was 5 - 1 and Bruno scores a hattrick on the opening day against leads and after the match there's posters saying he isn't world class or the maybe Grealish was the better buy. Granted a lot of football fans will have the grass is always greener on the other side syndrome but it's pretty clear that there's a large part of this place that likes nothing more than having a good moan. Agree that best option is to use the ignore button but the list gets bigger every year.

Imo for a United forum this place isn't pro United enough!

lloyd2wayne

I can assure you it is the same if not worse due to the success those other teams you mention have had. It’s how things work now due to the various forums, social media sites etc. Everyone is falling over themselves giving an opinion.

Man City have won 3/4 league titles and multiple cups. If you went on their forum at times last season you will see large scale abuse of the likes of Sterling, Walker, Mendy and even Guardiola. There was even a stage where they were suggesting they were better without De Bruyne.
And this is a team who have been cleaning up trophies. United haven’t won anything in four years.
That’s a big big lie. No way they are worse no chance. They literally praise their players always and when anyone even suggests otherwise they call them rags.
compared to redcafe? It’s the worse fan forum, I mean Bruno is adored by other team fans but here it becomes a debate if he’s actually world class. Soo toxic

TheReligion

Abusive
The meltdown yesterday before the game wasn't just the odd few, same with the people moaning in the matchday when the final score was 5 - 1 and Bruno scores a hattrick on the opening day against leads and after the match there's posters saying he isn't world class or the maybe Grealish was the better buy. Granted a lot of football fans will have the grass is always greener on the other side syndrome but it's pretty clear that there's a large part of this place that likes nothing more than having a good moan. Agree that best option is to use the ignore button but the list gets bigger every year.

I find myself agreeing with you more and more these days! Good post.

tomaldinho1

I wasn’t on here until after the game so might have missed this but am surprised if the Bruno criticisms isn’t trolling?!?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Half are moaners, the other half moan about the moaners.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I haven’t seen a Sancho v Grealish debate outside of this forum.
Its bonkers. Arguing for the sake of arguing. I can see a point in debating who got the best value for money at the end of the season, but arguing about their CVs - what's the point?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Can I clarify that my ‘joke of a club’ posts were poking fun at other posters? I’m worried I’m being labelled :lol:

Ludens the Red

That’s a big big lie. No way they are worse no chance. They literally praise their players always and when anyone even suggests otherwise they call them rags.
compared to redcafe? It’s the worse fan forum, I mean Bruno is adored by other team fans but here it becomes a debate if he’s actually world class. Soo toxic
And Who are you ?
Move along….

Sweet Square

I find myself agreeing with you more and more these days! Good post.
:eek:

But seriously thanks.

Half are moaners, the other half moan about the moaners.
True and it is a issue on here(One that I contribute to tbh)although it's bit like seeing a massive shite on the floor and expecting just to ignore it. The negativity yesterday was extra annoying as it was the first game of the season with fans back.

Fully Fledged

Toxic threads don’t bother me, but what does bother me is the toxic YouTube channel, The United Stand. Goldbridge trashes United at every chance, no matter how slight the opening.

There’s always room for constructive criticism, but he takes criticism to a whole new level.
I decided years ago to go nowhere near his channels as I'm not prepared to increase his traffic.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
:eek:

But seriously thanks.

True and it is a issue on here(One that I contribute to tbh)although it's bit like seeing a massive shite on the floor and expecting just to ignore it. The negativity yesterday was extra annoying as it was the first game of the season with fans back.
Yeah I can understand that. I missed it cos I'm up north visiting family.

I kinda saw the aftermath with some people understandably pissed at the negative posters -particularly around Bruno- using the result as ammo against them, creating a tiresome neverending circle of backbiting.

Some people genuinely seem to love wallowing in their own misery and try and drag everyone down with them...often to the extent you wonder why they even watch football, given how little enjoyment they seemingly derive from it.

Fully Fledged

Looking from the outside, the behaviour and self-loathing of some United 'supporters' just seems weird.

Over the last 3 or 4 years that I've been reading this forum I've seen people slagging off De Gea, Shaw, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Lindelof, Fred, McTominay, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, even Bruno to a certain extent at the end of last season. And I don't just been a bit of venting after missing an easy goal or giving away a penalty, which all supporters do, I mean a proper concerted, persistent attacking of them.

And they're your best players, I haven't mentioned the horrible abuse of the likes of Dan James, Jesse Lingard or Phil Jones.

In fact the only player I haven't seen being attacked is Mason Greenwood. But he's young so just wait until he misses a couple of sitters or goes on a barren run.

And the funny thing is you actually have a really likeable squad of players who clearly get on well together and love playing for the club, and an extremely likeable manager.

Yet the abuse that your players and coaching team repeatedly get from your own so-called supporters is on a different level than anything I've seen before.

I don't know if it's the same at other big clubs, I'm not really interested in the likes of City or Chelsea or Liverpool so I don't visit their forums, but somehow I doubt it.

Now I don't think by any stretch that it is all United supporters but there is definitely a significant minority that don't seem to like anything about the club, and I suspect it's mainly those supporters who started following the club during your successful years under Sir Alex, but still never actually go and watch them play and so have this sense of entitlement which to be honest comes across to everyone else as rather arrogant.

You have a great infrastructure, the best manager you've had since SAF, a fantastic squad of players and a great chance of a successful season. So drop the bitterness and just enjoy the ride.
I totally agree. Some of the toxicity aimed at the club, manager, coaches and the players is awful to see from people who profess to support the club.
To highlight one point, the hate in the Verane thread towards Jones yesterday because some journalist said that he refused to give his shirt number up was mindboggling. I do not believe for a second that Man Utd have briefed a journalist that Jones, a player who has been abused by toxic sections the fanbase for years, refused to give his shirt number up, but some random Journalist said it's true and people lose their heads.

lex talionis

I decided years ago to go nowhere near his channels as I'm not prepared to increase his traffic.
I gave Goldprick one last chance yesterday. Even after 5-1 thrashing of a bitter rival and decent club managed by a proper manager, he couldn’t stop missing and whinging. fecking hell.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We win 5-1 and the first thing you do is try to point score. That's the reason why we have such a divide in the forum. Just enjoy the win.
It seems lost on some people that the primary objective this season is not the ability to sometimes win football matches but the ability to nearly always win football matches. Consistency is more important than a five goal rampage, fun as it is.

roseguy64

Bruno scored a hattrick. Well done, it's a good achievement, but his overall display wasn't amazing. Pogba, for instance, a much more influential display. Will not be at all surprised if Grealish has a stellar debut tomorrow in terms of performance, not just numbers.
Well that didn't happen did it

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Bruno scored a hattrick. Well done, it's a good achievement, but his overall display wasn't amazing.
I shouldn’t lose my time with you but there’s a quite few of hipsters in this forum who really believe their own hype and must be sleeping with a Grealish and Guardiola picture on their bed while spouting nonsense like Fernandes’s scores a goal it’s only against weak opponents, when it’s players with the profile of Grealish it’s always the same crap “Oh but the touches”.

And before you reply to me I think Fernandes is the second best player of United after Pogba, it turns out Grealish can develop to be a out of this world player, in the 90’s I watched a couple of players like Laudrup, Rui Costa, Figo, Zidane, Krassimir Balakov, Djorkaeef, Mostovoi, Rivaldo, Edmundo and others.

He simply isn’t on that league. And I will say for him what I say to Fernandes, they have to prove it for the Clubs and National Team, Pogba already has done that and for me without already doing it Fernandes has done more than Grealish without being a top 10 player in the world.

Let’s see how things will develop this season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I shouldn’t lose my time with you but there’s a quite few of hipsters in this forum who really believe their own hype and must be sleeping with a Grealish and Guardiola picture on their bed while spouting nonsense like Fernandes’s scores a goal it’s only against weak opponents, when it’s players with the profile of Grealish it’s always the same crap “Oh but the touches”.

And before you reply to me I think Fernandes is the second best player of United after Pogba, it turns out Grealish can develop to be a out of this world player, in the 90’s I watched a couple of players like Laudrup, Rui Costa, Figo, Zidane, Krassimir Balakov, Djorkaeef, Mostovoi, Rivaldo, Edmundo and others.

He simply isn’t on that league. And I will say for him what I say to Fernandes, they have to prove it for the Clubs and National Team, Pogba already has done that and for me without already doing it Fernandes has done more than Grealish without being a top 10 player in the world.

Let’s see how things will develop this season.
It's not just that. There are people who are heavily influenced by PlayerFC twitter accounts and also they assume certain characters and play it (weird I know)all the time. Check that Poch fan boy who is doing it for 7-8 years now, everyone wants to be one now.

MattyLT

With a bum like that (best bum in the Premier League by far), obviously people are going to inflate his impact a bit. Cause whenever those perfectly shaped legs hit the ground, it's quite simply a sight to remember. And so, in the end, all you can remember is Jack Grealish's bum being everywhere. Impact!

Jericho

What a shitshow of a thread.

We had a great result. Let's hope the form continues as the challenges get more difficult.

big rons sovereign

The extreme swings have began. From the worst club in the world to inevitable Champions League winners back to an embarrassment to the game depending on whether we’ve won, lost or drawn the last match.

If we’ve won then anyone whose criticised us ever is a fool. If we lose anyone whose ever voiced a note of optimism is deluded.

Game one. The only thing that matters is proving anyone who has ever shared an opinion about anything ever is an idiot
It's crazy.
After one game, there's only spurs and city who've had a game.

United, Chelsea and Liverpool all had a nice warm up. Especially Liverpool with one of their Norwich freebies used.

I've seen heated rows (elsewhere) that Chelsea are gonna walk the league after Tuchel walked in and won the cl. Well, so did Rafa at Liverpool.
United won't do anything as Oles a choker.
Liverpool are back etc etc.
All after one round of fixtures.
People seem to have forgotten that city and United were shocking for the start last season and finished 1st and 2nd.

Seems to have deviated away from that somewhat unfortunately.
Nar, the majority know it’s a laugh about the people losing their shit on Friday that we didn’t “unveil” Varane, cause we’re just a “joke of a club”.

The Grealish thing is some extra added fun, Bruno is quite clearly our most important player and best signing post Fergie by a mile, it appeared many forgot that over the Summer.

The first round of fixtures results wise means very little, as we all know.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I gave Goldprick one last chance yesterday. Even after 5-1 thrashing of a bitter rival and decent club managed by a proper manager, he couldn’t stop missing and whinging. fecking hell.
When will people realise he's not even a United fan. His whole thing is complaining and getting people to react to his content hence he gets more traffic + earns more money.

It's the same as AFTV - the stupider and angrier they looked the more people watched.

tomaldinho1

What a shitshow of a thread.

We had a great result. Let's hope the form continues as the challenges get more difficult.
I think it’s great. Has become a catch all for stuff that is usually turned into a load of new pointless threads. Let it ride out the season and then we can look back on the highlights

big rons sovereign

I can prefer James Maddison over KDB , doesn’t mean it’s a good opinion to hold, especially if City fans were claiming they’d happily swap KDB for Maddison; or that Maddison is “far superior”, they’d righly be called out for being off their tits.

Now he’s at a top club, there may come a time in the next season or two in which Grealish > Bruno becomes a legit opinion, but right now it’s bonkers.
Totally different players too, I mean there's barely anything to compare them with. Bruno is exciting, direct and risk taker.
Grealish prances about with a shit haircut and falls over a lot.
(I could be very wrong)

big rons sovereign

When will people realise he's not even a United fan. His whole thing is complaining and getting people to react to his content hence he gets more traffic + earns more money.

It's the same as AFTV - the stupider and angrier they looked the more people watched.
I prefer the bunch at full-time devils, despite what people think of howson, McKola etc, they're proper reds. Plus they like to laugh at arsenal.

The One and Only

Anyone who would actually swap Bruno for Grealish can't be taken seriously.

Bruni is probably our first truly World class player since Fergie's days..He has completely transformed the team with his drive and will to win

RUCK4444

It's crazy.
After one game, there's only spurs and city who've had a game.

United, Chelsea and Liverpool all had a nice warm up. Especially Liverpool with one of their Norwich freebies used.

I've seen heated rows (elsewhere) that Chelsea are gonna walk the league after Tuchel walked in and won the cl. Well, so did Rafa at Liverpool.
United won't do anything as Oles a choker.
Liverpool are back etc etc.
All after one round of fixtures.
People seem to have forgotten that city and United were shocking for the start last season and finished 1st and 2nd.
Yeah agree, although I’ve let the positivity here on the caf go as it’s just nice to have some positivity for a change. :D

It’s the earliest of early days though, yeah

big rons sovereign

Yeah agree, although I’ve let the positivity here on the caf go as it’s just nice to have some positivity for a change. :D

It’s the earliest of early days though, yeah
It's great to have some positivity. I just can't bear the title predictions after what was effectively the last round of pre season matches.

Hopefully Varane and Sancho will give us that boost this year.
Honestly, I'm feeling pretty good.

RUCK4444

It's great to have some positivity. I just can't bear the title predictions after what was effectively the last round of pre season matches.

Hopefully Varane and Sancho will give us that boost this year.
Honestly, I'm feeling pretty good.
Yeah I know what you mean, I also worry they jinx us.

I’m cautiously optimistic. There’s a real good feeling around the squad and club in general, I thank Ole for that and hope the new signings give us that extra boost we need, as you said.

If we can rightly improve that home form compared to last season and get some momentum… here’s hoping.