g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

ⵙⵓⴼⵢⴰⵏ ⴰⵎⵕⴰⴱⵟ (Ornstein: United agree loan deal)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I still don't know why I remember some of his Utrecht games. It's one of those randomly memorable players.

Oranges038

See the **** of Fred lives on.
It's still ridiculous that he keeps being mentioned. He was an abomination from day 1.

I'm happy enough with Amrabat, decent player, adds depth and much needed organisational skills coupled with good technique on the ball.

Grande

Excellent signing. I guess the transfer window isn't a total failure anymore and is back to being an amazing success.

I imagine an ABC midfield in big games against strong, high pressing opposition with Mount and Eriksen as second half game changers. And a more offensive approach (probably with only one of Casemiro and Amrabat) plus gametime for Mainoo against weaker teams.
ABC sounds good for a hard exam.

For a more piecemeal shoot out, we could even go with CaFe AmMo

lex talionis

Well done. Let us pray that Soyfan doesn't pick up a crippling injury in training.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I'm not particularly excited about him, but we definitely need a defensive minded midfielder.

Ultimately the money spent on him and Mount would've been spent better on a proper number 8 with some press resistance and real athleticism to give Casemiro the help he needs. In Mount and Amrabat I remain unconvinced we have the quality needed to kick on.

But admittedly I've only seen Amrabat for Morocco so happy to be corrected and see him do really well for us if he has the capability.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
In a good way or a bad way?
In a random way, he looked decent but nothing special but he was also very young. Though the thing that surprised me when I saw him again last year was that he wasn't as attacking as I remembered, around 20 years old he was basically an attacking midfielder if I remember correctly.

wolvored

Loan with an option to buy? That's basically risk free. When did we start getting so good at negotiating deals?
If we had money we would have bought him. We can only do this loan deal and hes out of contract end of the season, so its a good deal for Fiorentina.

avgp_1

Very good signing imo. Will probably need time to be available as he hasn't been training or playing for a while and needs to be at his best fitness to cut it in this league.

His availability to receive the ball during build up and pass it around will be his biggest plus. Should help out in our away fixtures as we badly missed someone who can do that

redom

Is this more of a Casemiro mid/long term replacement rather than partner? just watching some of his highlight and "vs" videos it does seem his best position is a 6 where he can receive the ball a lot and keep things moving.

Infra-red

Is this more of a Casemiro mid/long term replacement rather than partner? just watching some of his highlight and "vs" videos it does seem his best position is a 6 where he can receive the ball a lot and keep things moving.
He can deputise for Casemiro but I think Ten Hag might also (at least on occasion) look to replicate his Ajax midfield setup, which generally consisted of a 4-2-3-1 shape with a ball-winner (Schone or later Alvarez) in central midfield, alongside a player who dropped into the defensive line and collected the ball from the GK/CBs before progressing the play through carries/passes (De Jong or later Gravenberch). I'm expecting Casemiro to play the Schone/Alvarez role, while Amrabat replaces Eriksen in the De Jong/Gravenberch role. Ten Hag can still select Mount if he wants to go with a more aggressive 4-3-3, but this signing at the least gives Ten Hag the tactical option of changing the orientation of his midfield to a 4-2-3-1 if he wants to. McTominay is too limited to play either of the deeper roles, while Fred was too erratic. Amrabat is not world class, but his passing and dribbling from deep are both good and reliable and he should help bring a bit of balance to the midfield when picked.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wasn't good enough for Feyenoord, but he might be able to adept to this slightly lower level.

STYLOISRED

I still don't know why I remember some of his Utrecht games. It's one of those randomly memorable players.
Yes he is. It's wierd that he hasn't played in the premier league because he has always felt like one of those players who has been around for a long time.

colombianmancunian

Good signing, will add depth to the squad and also gives us the option of playing with a double pívot for though games. For me he is a good player, and will do his job. A clear upgrade on McFred but he is not Casemiro.

Gordon S

We`ve actually gone and bought ourselves a real cm! Honestly given up on that. But better late then never.
Really adds some depth in the squad and gives Erik better options to balance his midfield

binary bot
Midfield is so porous that we desperately need him yet at the same time I'm far from convinced. An option rather than obligation would be perfect as it feels a bit Telles. The million slide tackles in the youtube video didn't help.

Todd

See, now THIS is good business. Loan with an option to buy at a pretty low price. A player that can have an immediate impact on our ability to not get dominated in the middle of the park.

I really hope the plan is to have him start with Casemiro in a double-pivot.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
See, now THIS is good business. Loan with an option to buy at a pretty low price. A player that can have an immediate impact on our ability to not get dominated in the middle of the park.

Mount on the right then? I don't see ETH giving up on Mount after 2 games.

The Irish Connection

That is the next problem. How long it will take for Ten Hag to change tactics and stick Amrabat in next to Casemiro instead of Mount further up next to Bruno.
But that’s for another day.
Delighted we look like we’re signing this guy.

Todd

Mount on the right then? I don't see ETH giving up on Mount after 2 games.
Yes, let Mount and Antony battle it out for that position. The pressure of knowing that neither of them have an assured place in the first eleven might be good for both of them.

Of course there's not much chance of this happening, as I'm not sure ETH is willing to drop one of them regularly.

Abraxas

Glad to get this over the line.

The only confusing aspect in all this is why it's a deadline day scramble. This is the signing we needed early in the window and I think we would have looked far less crap in these early games. We sorely lack balance and consistent passers in midfield. Amrabat early and opportunistic on Mount would have made more sense, or just forgoing Mount altogether because he's not really what we need and signing somebody more compelling. Strange thinking but ultimately this could salvage things for ETH in terms of balance.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
That is the next problem. How long it will take for Ten Hag to change tactics and stick Amrabat in next to Casemiro instead of Mount further up next to Bruno.
But that’s for another day.
Delighted we look like we’re signing this guy.
With Mount injured for 6-8 weeks, it should be the Brighton match onwards

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
He'll make us solid that's for sure.