1 mega signing, 1 big-ish signing, 1 prospect

Dante

Average bang
For the purposes of this thread:
  • Mega means ~£100m
  • Big-ish means ~£50m
  • Prospect means ~£20m
I think three signings of about those values are the best we're going to get this, or any, Summer.

What positions, or maybe even which specific players, would you go for?

I'd go mega for a B2B midfielder, big-ish for a CB, and a prospect at RB.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
For the purposes of this thread:
  • Mega means ~£100m
  • Big-ish means ~£50m
  • Prospect means ~£20m
I think three signings of about those values are the best we're going to get this, or any, Summer.

What positions, or maybe even which specific players, would you go for?

I'd go mega for a B2B midfielder, big-ish for a CB, and a prospect at RB.
100m - Sancho
50m - N'Dombele
20m - Alderweireld

Think Lyon would probably want a bit more than 50m for N'Dombele though. Alderweireld with his release clause is a bargain and simply a must imo.

charlie9882

100m - Sancho
50m - N'Dombele
20m - Alderweireld

Think Lyon would probably want a bit more than 50m for N'Dombele though. Alderweireld with his release clause is a bargain and simply a must imo.
Ndombele will be far close to Sancho than £50m. £70m at minimum, Aulas will take whichever club who goes in for him to the cleaners.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mega: Sancho
First team: CB
Cheaper/squad player: Midfield/RB

4 players are needed without a doubt. The right back position is a weird one. Dalot is young but capable of quality performances. Normally you would want a settled and dominant CB partnership before just making him the full time RB, but then we still need depth (how long can Young last as only depth for either side?). For that anyway we need a CB. RW will forever be our weakness til we address it and Sancho would be perfect for us. Between him, Rashford, Martial, Lingard and Lukaku, that would be a perfect group for us and gives space for Greenwood/Chong/Gomes to get chances.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ndombele will be far close to Sancho than £50m. £70m at minimum, Aulas will take whichever club who goes in for him to the cleaners.
Well personally I think we'll be able to afford to buy both N'Dombele and Sancho with money left over for Alderweireld. We'll probably raise the cash for Alderweireld release clause by selling a few players and have some cash remaining. We didn't exactly spend a load of money last season so we can spend a bit more this Summer. 50m doesn't really get you much these days (can't believe I typed that).

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Sancho
Neves
Wan-Bissaka
I think we need a CB more than a RB. If we do go RB surely it won't be a young one like AWB when we have Dalot in the wings.

marktan

Sancho - £100m
Ndolmbele - £70m
We have enough prospects for now.

Jib

3 signings isn't enough...
Sancho, Koulibaly, Meunier + 2 midfielders ( CM and DM )

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
100 De Ligt
50 Pepe
20 Berger

Two player making an instant impact and a understudy for Matic.

Raw

£100m RW, £50m DM, £20m CB.

I honestly don't think CB is as desperate for reinforcement as it looked before Ole came. We could do with freshening it up, cleaning out the deadwood and bringing someone in who can fill in excellently. Someone like Alderweireld would be brilliant.

We're thin in midfield. A great DM or DLP to rotate with Matic would be grand. Seems a bit harsh on McTominay who's been excellent recently, but we need top quality if we want to compete.

A top class RW is essential. We're in desperate need of one and we should focus everything on getting someone who can provide the genuine threat we need on the right. Opposition will have to pay extra attention to both sides as opposed to just the left.

I don't know about RB. It depends on if Ole can trust Dalot to take it over. If not, then I'd prioritise it over CB.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Definitely don't need anymore prospects with all our youth coming through. The players we next sign should be ready to go.

Dante

Average bang
3 signings isn't enough...
Sancho, Koulibaly, Meunier + 2 midfielders.
A Football Manager style shopping list is never going to happen. I'm hoping to keep things at least a little bit realistic in this thread.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sancho
David Brooks
There's not many prospects you'll get for under 20m these days. Wan-Bissaka? Probably more than that though.

Dante

Average bang
Sancho
David Brooks
There's not many prospects you'll get for under 20m these days. Wan-Bissaka? Probably more than that though.
I picked £20m as the number because that's what we paid for Dalot. But there's wiggle room there if you want it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A Football Manager style shopping list is never going to happen. I'm hoping to keep things at least a little bit realistic in this thread.
I think back to the transfer windows under José's and van Gaal's first seasons. 07/08, too, I guess.

I'm not saying we'll buy all the players @Jib mentioned but if Ole(?) wants/needs more than 3 players I reckon he'll get them. Or we'll at least attempt to, anyway.

Tarrou

I think we need four beefy signings for RW, RB, CM and CB

We don't need more prospects.

Devil may care

These are just the picks I'd make under the constraints of the thread rules.

Mega - de Ligt
Big-ish - Fekir
Prospect - Luka Jovic​

settembrini

Mega: de Ligt. Obvious why. Could be the best CB of his generation.
Big: Suso. Mata/Lingard upgrade. Good age, counts as home grown, available for a bargain price due to release clause.
Prospect: Don't buy one. Use the £20m we save by buying Suso and buy another good CM of proven quality.

edit: This is assuming we plan on using Dalot a lot more next season as our right back. If Solskjaer doesn't think he is ready for that then buy Wan-Bissaka instead of another CM because he is class.

Dante

Average bang
I think we need four beefy signings for RW, RB, CM and CB

We don't need more prospects.
You could maybe get 2 signings if you want ready made top-tier players. If you want a third (or fourth) signing, you'll need to start looking in the bargain bin.

100m CB - ideally De Ligt. Having two top class defenders will make a world of difference to the midfield too.

50m forward - we need someone with goals and the movement to fit seamlessly in the team.

20m prospect - midfielder to replace Matic in a year or two.

Bwuk

De Ligt & Sancho. Rather spend the 170 on that!

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
£50M for Pepe? You mental?

That thug isn't getting anywhere near this club.
I mean Nicolas Pepe, the rightwinger playing for Lille. At 23 he is ready for a move to a bigger club. 17 goals and 8 apples in 32 games this season.

Maverick red

I am being awkward but i would forget prospects and the huge name, and go for 3 or 4 50/60 million types. No silly wages like sanchez and keep a tight unit.